Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05chevy View Post
What if the roles had been reversed? A white server not serving a black customer? Can you imagine what would happen? This is a good example of how blacks are excused for their actions. If blacks do it, it's ok. They don't know any better. If whites do it, whites are held accountable for their actions. Explain that to me? What makes it so different?
If the situation had been reversed, the same scenario would've taken place. The black people would have been offended and left. Not every instance of racism makes the news or to the ears of the NAACP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
I get what you are saying, but I still don't think you see the point I've been trying to make.

Black people aren't being called out in the media for using the n-word.
Is it really that hopeless......are you just not able to understand the difference in that word coming from a white person?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
"Can black folks be racists?"

Of course not. They are victims. As victims, they can not be held responsible for their actions.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm not going to live my life walking on egg shells because the chronically offended may not like me saying a certain word. Who the eff appointed black people to be the word police for whites? Johnny Cochran wants to get his murdering slime bag client off so he invents the "n-word". Now the rest of us have to walk around like five year-olds saying "n-word"?

The only real issue going on here is black people blaming white people for their own dysfunction. The reason black people are so easily offended by a simple word used in a harmless manner is because being the victim of white racism has been tremendously rewarding for blacks. It's a virtual industry.
SMH............sad that you actually believe this. By all means, say n*gger...it seems to mean that much to you.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
"Can black folks be racists?"

Of course not. They are victims. They can not be held responsible for their actions.
Ah.....the old "blacks playing the victim" card. Good to see you again, old friend.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Ah.....the old "blacks playing the victim" card. Good to see you again, old friend.
So sad.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
So sad.
Yeah, your OP really was.......

Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Yeah, your OP really was.......
I simply responded to the OP's question. It's apparent that you don't like my answer.

If anyone is out of line here, it's you.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:23 AM

226 posts, read 559,961 times
Quote:
If the situation had been reversed, the same scenario would've taken place. The black people would have been offended and left. Not every instance of racism makes the news or to the ears of the NAACP.
Yea, uh, ok. Whatever you say..

Old 08-20-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I simply responded to the OP's question. It's apparent that you don't like my answer.

If anyone is out of line here, it's you.
So, I'm not allowed to be offended that I'm being accused of being a perpetual victim? Yeah, you're right, I don't like your answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies