Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:27 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Uh oh...looks like Palin's defense of Dr. Laura is causing some problems with black Republicans...all ten of them.

Black Republican: Sarah Palin Doesn't Speak For Us - Beltway Beast - The Daily Beast (http://www.thedailybeast.com/beltway-beast/black-republican-sarah-palin-doesnt-speak-for-us/ - broken link)
What is all this crazy talk?

Can't he just be quiet and go along with whatever the party wants to do like the Black Democrats? oooooh snap!

"Yeah, we know this guy used to be in the Klan or made offensive racial comments but he is a really good guy (translation he has -D at the end of his name) so you should just be a good Uncle Tom -D and do what we say regardless of what happened." -DNC

I grow tired of things being forgivable or not based upon political party. It's either right or wrong....you shouldn't be able to get a free pass and a Jesse Jackson seal of approval (after cash contribution).

P.S. the only people that care about Palin are the far right and far left that fight over her just because. She's unelectable by moderate\independants like me. She's a dead issue but a fund raiser, like abortion.

She'll never hold a major public office again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 10:28 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And I always find it quite interesting that when a Black Republican decides to speak their mind, express their individual point of view or even hint at a critic of the Republican party or its leaders, they are immediately attacked and are shouted down.

Interesting.....
Please point out specifically where anyone has attacked the black Republican for expressing his views? I think we have agreed that Palin does not speak for anyone except herself. So, you problem is what exactly?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:28 AM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Right....and I forgot to add that they (Black Republicans) are then accused of playing the proverbial RACE CARD.

Maybe I should go re-read, because I haven't seen anyone say "they" are playing the race card, only they don't agree that Palin speaks for everyone...

Old 08-20-2010, 10:31 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
The new black panther party embraces left wing/liberal philosophies. Malik Shabazz is the voice of the NBPP. Does that mean he believes or is the voice of the left?
I don't think I can remember anyone liberal saying that they support Malik Shabazz thoughts.... certainly not the number that claim agreement with Palin. I also on't think Malik has put himself forward as a spokesperson for liberals... unlike Palin who definitely has put herself out there as a spokesperson.... and she has many supporters.

So I think there are differences.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:38 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I don't think I can remember anyone liberal saying that they support Malik Shabazz thoughts.... certainly not the number that claim agreement with Palin. I also on't think Malik has put himself forward as a spokesperson for liberals... unlike Palin who definitely has put herself out there as a spokesperson.... and she has many supporters.

So I think there are differences.
So in other words, because you dont want it to be the same it can't be the same.

So you don't think that Malik Shabazz has any supporters? hmm... it is kind of funny, but I thought the NBPP had more members then just him.

The fact of the matter is, Palin has put herself out there as a spokesperson for her cause, not a specific party. Shabazz has done the same thing, spokesperson for his cause, not a party.

They both have supporters, there is actually far more in common between these two then what you want to realize. You may want to look at it with a blind eye, but that doesnt change the fact that in reality, both of these speak only for their cause, not a political party.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 AM

1,179 posts, read 975,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Palin speaks for Palin. I don't think she ever pretended to speak for anyone else.
She seems to speak for all her followers here who hang on to her every word.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:42 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Default Tell it to Eric Holder

And Eric Holder called America cowards for not discussing race......

The rules state that the first person to discuss race and use a banned but legal word, is to be shunnned, shamed and destroyed. Yep, let's discuss race and pick em' off one at a time.

You don't think that when a society tries to ban a 'word' it should not be discussed openly with all implications thoroughly examined?

Many L A neighborhoods enforce a ban the wearing certain colors, let's take their lead with word useage.

The trend to squash discussion is frightening. Global Warming gurus claimed the discussion of the science was over as some opponents ended up losing their jobs. When an institution of faction tells you the discussion is over, you are no longer in the United States of America.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What is all this crazy talk?

Can't he just be quiet and go along with whatever the party wants to do like the Black Democrats? oooooh snap!

"Yeah, we know this guy used to be in the Klan or made offensive racial comments but he is a really good guy (translation he has -D at the end of his name) so you should just be a good Uncle Tom -D and do what we say regardless of what happened." -DNC

I grow tired of things being forgivable or not based upon political party. It's either right or wrong....you shouldn't be able to get a free pass and a Jesse Jackson seal of approval (after cash contribution).

P.S. the only people that care about Palin are the far right and far left that fight over her just because. She's unelectable by moderate\independants like me. She's a dead issue but a fund raiser, like abortion.

She'll never hold a major public office again.
I could not have said it better

Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
And Eric Holder called America cowards for not discussing race......

The rules state that the first person to discuss race and use a banned but legal word, is to be shunnned, shamed and destroyed. Yep, let's discuss race and pick em' off one at a time.

You don't think that when a society tries to ban a 'word' it should not be discussed openly with all implications thoroughly examined?

Many L A neighborhoods enforce a ban the wearing certain colors, let's take their lead with word useage.

The trend to squash discussion is frightening. Global Warming gurus claimed the discussion of the science was over as some opponents ended up losing their jobs. When an institution of faction tells you the discussion is over, you are no longer in the United States of America.
I would like to see proof of this, because I have to call BS

Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
I loath Palin's position on a political spectrum, and the woman pretty much grates on my nerves. That said, she's not a hillbilly, nor is she as dumb as people have made her out to be. What I think is she's a regular person with a regular American family that was thrown into the national spotlight. I think her down home style doesn't fit in well with the D.C. snobs. I'd say that's a good thing. And McCains campaign did stomp on her, IMO.

I still hate her politics and she still grates on my nerves. She doesn't officially speak for the repugs, but she is a huge voice and power for the fringe right.

Steele, on the other hand, is suppose to speak for the repugs, but he's really nothing more than prop. They put him in for show. He's afraid to speak out, even against Palin. He spoke out once (I forgot over what) and the repugs quickly reeled him back in.

Let Palin be. She does more to further the Democratic agenda than anyone else. She's a Godsend to the moderates and left of center people. Let Palin rip because it helps our side out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies