Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:28 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times

Advertisements

"Muslims, not Americans, are religious bigots"

Yes, if muslims were only half as perfect as Americans! Yes, America, the land of tolerance, understanding, and people accepting of differences. This is why Americans are superior to all other people on the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Tolerance is peaceful co-existence.
The ME is driven by religion in all aspects of their life and in war.

That, to me, is bigotry and we should all that we can to make sure that NEVER happens here in the US.
The definition of bigotry to you is being driven by religion in all aspects of their life? So the Catholic pope and his bishops would be examples of bigots to you?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The definition of bigotry to you is being driven by religion in all aspects of their life? So the Catholic pope and his bishops would be examples of bigots to you?
I was keeping my reply in the context of this thread which is specifically about Muslims.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"Muslims, not Americans, are religious bigots"

Yes, if muslims were only half as perfect as Americans! Yes, America, the land of tolerance, understanding, and people accepting of differences. This is why Americans are superior to all other people on the planet.
What some of the posters here do not understand is that Muslims are not a country, it is a religion and that America is a country made up of people following many religions and some not at all. Trying to compare Apples and Oranges never works well for those attempting to do it, usually just makes them look foolish. So how do they explain American Muslims
Casper

Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Muslims, not Americans, are religious bigots | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/Muslims-not-Americans-are-religious-bigots--101125989.html - broken link)

This new argument from the Left that America must "prove" it is not religiously bigoted toward Islam by allowing this disgraceful mosque oh sorry, community center, to be built near Ground Zero, is bogus. America proves it every day in the thousands of mosques that have already been built here peacefully and by the fact that there have been no acts of violence against the many thousands of Muslims who live here after one of their freaks murders innocents in the name of Islam (e.g. Ford Hood murderer).

As far as I'm concerned, it is Islam that must prove to the rest of the world that they are truly peaceful and not religiously bigoted against 'infidels'.

As far as I can tell, Islam has proven itself to be an epic FAIL in that department.
So, there are no Muslim Americans?

How very odd.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I was keeping my reply in the context of this thread which is specifically about Muslims.
I appreciate your focus. However, the thread seems to be about bigotry. And it compares a specific population with religious ties to a more general population. My comment about the Pope and his bishops is about a specific population with religious ties, and goes to how you define bigotry. How people define bigotry would certainly seem to be associated with this thread.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
I appreciate your focus. However, the thread seems to be about bigotry. And it compares a specific population with religious ties to a more general population. My comment about the Pope and his bishops is about a specific population with religious ties, and goes to how you define bigotry. How people define bigotry would certainly seem to be associated with this thread.
Well I was trying to stick to topic under which the thread started along with a link to an article.

From the OP link:

"Time requires a peculiar sort of blindness to see so much imagined intolerance in America — especially based solely on “anecdotal evidence” — while nearly ignoring the religious intolerance in most Islamic countries."

Old 01-06-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Well I was trying to stick to topic under which the thread started along with a link to an article.

From the OP link:

"Time requires a peculiar sort of blindness to see so much imagined intolerance in America — especially based solely on “anecdotal evidence” — while nearly ignoring the religious intolerance in most Islamic countries."
The topic of the thread is that Muslims are bigots. So asking how someone defines bigotry is on-topic. We can also try to define intolerance, if you like.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
The topic of the thread is that Muslims are bigots. So asking how someone defines bigotry is on-topic. We can also try to define intolerance, if you like.
I've tried that before and something always get lost in the translations.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:30 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
One should never make the mistake to expect or seek tolerance in religions or religious people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies