Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Robert Creamer: Republican Strategy for Victory: Stall Economic Recovery

My major fear is that if the Republicans gain a majority in one or both houses of Congress, they will stall even more hoping it'll lead them to the Presidency in 2012. Hope I'm wrong!

Why, obama and the dems are doing such a fine job of destroying the economy, a little stalling/getting nothing done is a GOOD thing.

When congress is gridlocked, they are less likely to intrude in our lives.

What? You want them to pass even more disastrous, unpopular legislation?

How can open talk out of one side of his piehole, claiming to be the most successful president evah, and then in the next breath spew out of the other side of his piehole that the republicans are obstructing his agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 10:42 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times
When Democrats use conservative language to promote their agenda, it ultimately creates more support for Republicans.

YouTube - "Those Voices Don't Speak for the Rest of Us"

Old 08-21-2010, 11:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:

Quote:
I suppose it should come as no surprise. The Republicans are rooting against the American economy and American workers. They believe that they will do better politically in the 2010 midterm elections -- and the 2012 presidential -- if the economy does worse. And for the last twenty months they have done everything they can to assure that outcome.

My major fear is that if the Republicans gain a majority in one or both houses of Congress, they will stall even more hoping it'll lead them to the Presidency in 2012. Hope I'm wrong!
Maybe it's best if the government stays out of the "fixing the economy business". They don't have a very good record.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:55 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Care to explain this post?????
Anybody can explain that post, and it goes as follows: Obama spends, and spends, and spends, and there is no end in sight. Over $3-trillion in one year alone
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Figures-on-government-apf-4133802810.html?x=0&.v=2 (broken link)

Old 08-22-2010, 12:13 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Repubs don't have to do anything... >>> it is already done.

Texas July Home Sales Collapse - Lowest Total Since 1997

Note the GREEN bars...

Tax credits have expired... Home sales have tanked.

July 2010 Sales 16,729
July 2009 Sales 22,426

That's 25% of home building contractors now have nothing to do.

Drywall, appliances, fixtures, flooring....

Old 08-22-2010, 06:13 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:

Insanity at its best.

The democratic congress destroyed the economy, not because they "wanted to get a dem elected in 2008, but because they are incompetent and create job killing policy.

Likewise, the republican congress under Clinton restored the economy and made him look good.

The new republican congress will restore SOME fiscal sanity, but I doubt ANYONE has the will to institute the austerity measures that will be needed to clean up Obama's fiscal disaster, regardless of party.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:21 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:

Sounds good to me. After all what did the Democrats do when they took over Congress under Bush? They paved the road to the White House for the Democrats with their ineptness for governing. Thank God they kept on course and the public will reward them for that ineptness come November.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:50 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
There never was a economic recovery and there won't be one either without a significant deflationary depression or a new monetary system. Switching parties in congress just means gridlock and austerity and the next leg down in the current great depression. 2011 looks to be very interesting.
Wrong! Switching parties in Congress means that a lot of BO's bull**it agenda will be stopped. If by some miracle we can elect a 2/3rds majority of Republicans in both houses, we can then go to work in rescinding all the bull**it crap that has been passed which has destroyed our economy starting with the Democrats taking charge in 2006.

I am praying that we can get our politics out of the hands of the destroyers and put our America back on track as our Founding Fathers had the foresight to create.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:04 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Wrong! Switching parties in Congress means that a lot of BO's bull**it agenda will be stopped. If by some miracle we can elect a 2/3rds majority of Republicans in both houses, we can then go to work in rescinding all the bull**it crap that has been passed which has destroyed our economy starting with the Democrats taking charge in 2006.

I am praying that we can get our politics out of the hands of the destroyers and put our America back on track as our Founding Fathers had the foresight to create.
Actually, you are wrong too. Both parties suck and will continue to destroy the country. They are both bought off so it makes absolutely no difference who takes in congress.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:30 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Actually, you are wrong too. Both parties suck and will continue to destroy the country. They are both bought off so it makes absolutely no difference who takes in congress.
I disagree. Having a partisan President of one party and a partisan Congress of the other party would be the best thing we could hope for, short of the US voter waking up and taking back their country that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies