Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
It takes very little for a mob to go viral and dangerous. One wrong move and the people stop thinking as an individual, and shift toward the mob as the unit.

This country has gone to h*ll and a hand basket.
Gosh, I know what you mean, look here;

Racist Pro-Mosque Supporters Attack Random Man Filming Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Mob mentality never surprises me.
Yes, look in the link above this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 08:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Something similar happened at the first Mosque Protest on June 6.

Two Egyptian men had flown in from California to join the protest--they are Coptic Christians and do not like Muslims. The mob turned on them despite their protests that they were Christians. They were Arab, and that was enough. The police had to rescue them.

NorthJersey.com: On this ground, zero tolerance
Queen, I didn't see anyone beating anyone in that clip but the OP said he was beaten. Did you see him get beaten. I ask you because the rest of these libs really didn't see anything either but it had been suggested by the far west coast lefty and they would see anything whether it happened or not. When I saw the black man he looked really frightened.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Typical conservative tactic! Make a totally baseless accusation designed to minimize the transgressions of their own.

It doesn't matter who he was, nobody had the right to attack him.
Did you see someone attack the man. I just couldn't find it although the camera man seemed to be searching hard for him after he left the scene.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you see someone attack the man. I just couldn't find it although the camera man seemed to be searching hard for him after he left the scene.
I didn't see anyone attack him. Would anyone that DID see an attack care to point it out?

Old 08-23-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The one guy in the blue hard hat was going to attack him.
But he was stopped and never did attack anyone. The man about to be attacked didn't seem to be very frightened. I guess I am just not liberal enough to see the things you guys see.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:15 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Queen, I didn't see anyone beating anyone in that clip but the OP said he was beaten. Did you see him get beaten. I ask you because the rest of these libs really didn't see anything either but it had been suggested by the far west coast lefty and they would see anything whether it happened or not. When I saw the black man he looked really frightened.
Please quote where the OP said the guy was beaten. This is what the OP said:

Quote:
Did you see how those brutes were lining up to attack the man without even finding out his opinions?
Quit making stuff up....

Old 08-23-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
So it's the media's fault that a black carpenter(who was working at Ground Zero) was almost attacked because members of anti-Islamic mob mistook for a Muslim and tried to provoke him, when he wasn't a Muslim to begin with...
Did you see him get attacked? I ask you because you said he was almost attacked and all the other libs here keep talking about him getting attacked. I never did see it happen and he didn't act like he thought he was going to be attacked.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 PM

226 posts, read 559,961 times
The OP's title is a little deceiving.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer24 View Post
Interesting. Didnt know Under Armour made Muslim apparel...

YouTube - No Mosque near Ground Zero
That man looked like he was certainly anticipating being attacked and I don't think he ever was. Libs have more eyes than I do though.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:29 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,072 times
Idiots.

Lets not forget that there is ALREADY a Mosque near Ground Zero. Masjid Manhattan, has been on 20 Warren St. since January 1970 - almost a full year before the WTC even opened. The fact is, this building has sat empty for nine years. For nine years, this building has been empty and didn't even have any type of future what so ever. An Islamic Group buys this building for a couple of million dollars (chump change in NYC - especially Lower Manhattan) and plans to build a Community Center which just so happens to have a prayer room on the top floor, and every one to the right of Barack Obama, looses their marbles.

What a total none issue.

Since when conservatives have been about stripping someone of their property rights? This group bought the land, so they can do whatever the hell they please as long as it dosn't violate zoning laws. Get over it. I also get a hoot out of people who say "Well, they have the right to build it there, but they should move it!" To where? 5 blocks away? 10? 50? If we can tell people to move a "Mosque" because it's near GZ, who is to say we can't tell a group to move a proposed Catholic church because it is near a school? (Hey, you want those priest near your kids!)

Some people tell them to build something else. Like what? A Burger King? (There is one right across from GZ - I'm sure the nabe can use another) A strip club? (There are some right near there; another won't hurt) How about a upside-down, inside-out Taoist temple (China pretty much own us at this point, so we can just look at it as a gift).

Muslims seem to be the pinata for knuckle-dragging bigots these days (I wonder who is next) so grouping 1.6 BILLION people continue to be the national hobby. Let's continue to prove to the real terroist that we're at war with Islam, hell, they've been saying it the whole time. I shutter to think that Bin Laden (remember him) will pump out a video showing these fools and saying "Americans are at war with our religion." Thanks for jeopardizing my safety and those all around the nation.

As I wrap up this rant, we need to think to ourselves: Just who are we? Are we really a nation in which we value the rights and freedoms of all our citizens? Or are we going to let Al-Qaeda change the very nature of our freedoms and beliefs and change the very fabric in which what it means to be an American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies