Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:31 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yeah she's a hypocrite, she had two abortions of her own.
You don't know the meaning of the word, then. Someone who makes a mistake, admits it, and tries to prevent others from making the same mistake by sharing her experience is NOT a hypocrite.

A pro-lifer who secretly slips into an abortion clinic and then resumes her pro-life activities afterward would be a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 01:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Interesting. I have never seen this Beck on tv or read any of his stuff. Is this as bad as when James Meredith endorsed David Duke?
That was very ironic that he did that. He also campaigned for Mississippi Gov. Ross Barnett, the same Governor that tried to stop him from enrolling at Ole Miss. He even got shot by a racist!

Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
This is all part of a general strategy to "flip" the script. Whites are redefining what "racism" is so that they can use the term for their benefit instead of it always being used against them. Now.....MLK is being "redefined" by whites so that they can use him to promote their agenda. They have reduced MLK to a few words. "judge by the content of ones character and not the color of their skin". They seek a "color-blind" society now ONLY because the evidence and solution of what was done manifest in COLOR (poverty rates, unemployment rates...etc). Thus, being color-blind now means that the evidence of the aftermath of centures of racial discrimination can be ignored and hence no special efforts can be directed, based upon color, to the group that was wronged because of their color. In other words, the actions were targeted and specific to put blacks down, based upon color, however, they realize that the reconcilation must be equally targeted and specific to undo the damage and you cannot achieve that through "color-blindness". By not noting color means that the damage of what was done gets hidden in generalized data and never really dealt with.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 08-23-2010 at 02:55 PM..

Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I never said her uncle was irrelevant. Did I?

I said that Alveda speaks for herself, not the family. And that is totally her right. Alveda King has had her own agenda for a very long time. Her family name has a long reach, and she uses that family name to advance her own agenda. Glenn Beck has a large audience, and she's using that audience to advance her own agenda. Alveda King's agenda is not her uncle's. She does not represent the King family, nor does she represent Martin Luther King. And Alveda King's agenda is not Glenn Beck's. They are willing to use each other while it's convenient to do so. If it becomes inconvenient, I have no doubt they'll disengage like each is a hot potato.
Yes, in fact you are saying her uncle is irrelevant. Your entire premise is that she is an individual, and her last name might as well be Smith.

In other words, its bothersome to the liberal left that anyone associated with Dr. King would find themselves on the same stage as Glenn Beck. So what do you do? Find a way to disassociate her family name and put her out in the pasture all by her lonesome.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No, but if she is going in support of Glenn Beck and his flock, can I just call her stupid instead?
I guess you didn't know that the Dr. has been on Beck's show a time or two. Also, I guess you didn't hear her talk when she was on. Well I know you don't watch his show so you wouldn't know about that.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I don't believe MLK compared gay marriage to genocide like his niece did.

YouTube - Alveda King on Marriage for National Organization for Marriage Bus Tour in Atlanta, Georgia

"I'm not ready to be extinct, and none of us wants to be, so we don't want
genocide, we don't want to destroy the sacred institution of marriage..."
Was she wrong? I don't think they have told us how they procreate. Maybe you could do that.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:55 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess you didn't know that the Dr. has been on Beck's show a time or two. Also, I guess you didn't hear her talk when she was on. Well I know you don't watch his show so you wouldn't know about that.
Then why did you ask?

Old 08-23-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Interesting. I have never seen this Beck on tv or read any of his stuff. Is this as bad as when James Meredith endorsed David Duke?
Maybe you could see Beck no matter what hours you work. I would tell you how to do that but many here don't think it is fair for me to do that. Maybe meson would tell you where to see him any hour of the day. He has to know the link since I have told him so many times.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
SHE'S A RACIST!!!
She can't be since one person had a thread on here about black people being racists or not.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, in fact you are saying her uncle is irrelevant. Your entire premise is that she is an individual, and her last name might as well be Smith.

In other words, its bothersome to the liberal left that anyone associated with Dr. King would find themselves on the same stage as Glenn Beck. So what do you do? Find a way to disassociate her family name and put her out in the pasture all by her lonesome.
It's not bothersome to the liberal left that Avelda King is appearing on the same state as Glenn Beck. I'm not disassociating her from the King family. But she is an individual. She does not speak for Martin Luther King or his family. She has a political agenda that is HER agenda, not her uncle's.

Hank Williams, Jr is not an extension of his father. His music is not his father's. It does not demean Hank Williams, Jr, to say this, nor does it demean or make irrelevant the music or heritage of Hank Williams, Sr.

I've not put Avelda King "out to pasture", in any way or manner. But she is not nor has she ever been an extension of her uncle or a spokesperson for the family. She expresses her own opinions. As a strong, outspoken and proud woman, I'm sure she'd have it no other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies