Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 09:40 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Some of the imam's American critics said they fear he is using the taxpayer-funded trip to raise money and rally support in the Muslim world for the mosque.

"I think there is no place for this," said the Rev. Franklin Graham, who is the son of evangelist Billy Graham and opposes the Islamic center and mosque. "Can you imagine if the State Department paid to send me on a trip anywhere? The separation of church and state — the critics would have been howling."

NYC imam stays mum on mosque furor - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com
Yes, you have that right, Rev. Graham!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
What in the world is the difference? You think he's going to actually say Constitution? LOL!

Hate to disappoint you, but I very rarely listen to Hannity, Beck, Rush or Fox News. I read the news. So, if Hannity is saying the same thing and viewing it like I did, maybe it's because it's only obvious.
Oh, so Rauf says they want to judge themselves with Sharia. That means the Constitution is out for them. Hmmmm.... Big red flag!
The difference? The difference is night and day, and I'm beginning to see why you can't. And as eloquent and well spoken as he is, I fully would expect for him to say Constitution if that is what he meant.

And with your rantings lately here, I highly suspect that you do indeed follow all of those you listed. And Hannity as you are doing is misquoting and distorting the truth. But good luck w/ that. The extreme far right is wanting exactly what Rauf is talking about...letting religious communities to have more leeway to judge themselves.

Birds of a feather and all....

Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
"There were opposing rallies over the mosque near ground zero this weekend. Mosque opponents waved signs with the word “Sharia” written in blood. There’s nothing like promoting religious intolerance by accusing others of religious intolerance. Yes, there are some intolerant and potentially violent Muslims in the world. They’re a very tiny minority… and they’re pretty much the Islamic equivalent of a lot of the people protesting the proposed mosque. Islamic radicals around the world are seizing on protests against the proposed Islamic community center as a propaganda opportunity. If you insist that millions of people who are not your enemy are your enemy, it’s inevitable that some of them will become your enemy. Newt Gingrich sent out an email saying “We will never win a war when we are afraid to even name our enemies.” You’re not naming our enemies, Newt—you’re creating them.

The crazy doesn’t stop in Lower Manhattan. Pat Robertson is worried about a proposed Islamic center in rural Tennessee. This proposed Islamic center is on Veals Road off Bradyville Pike southeast of Murfreesboro. Don’t tell me—is that hallowed ground too?"
...Randi Rhodes

Old 08-23-2010, 09:58 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
The difference? The difference is night and day, and I'm beginning to see why you can't. And as eloquent and well spoken as he is, I fully would expect for him to say Constitution if that is what he meant.

And with your rantings lately here, I highly suspect that you do indeed follow all of those you listed. And Hannity as you are doing is misquoting and distorting the truth. But good luck w/ that. The extreme far right is wanting exactly what Rauf is talking about...letting religious communities to have more leeway to judge themselves.

Birds of a feather and all....
Sorry, as much as you want us to follow along like blind ducks to the pond, we simply are not going to do it. And as I said, if you think that I am parroting Hannity, then what I am reading and seeing must be pretty obvious for he and I not to have compare notes. I might have to start listening to him now! He must be on to something!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
are all muslims members of al qaeda? because a good 99.9% of you make it seem like you think so.
No, I asked if there are any non-Muslims in al Qaeda. Are there? That is a simple question to answer.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:01 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Are there many non-Christians in the KKK?
Dana there are not Christians in the KKK. There are cult like morons that pick and chose what parts of the bible they want to follow. An example is how they use the statement an eye for an eye. They conveniently ignore the surrounding text that sets up laws and the process of being found guilty. The people of the era had a court system. The KKK conveniently forgets that.
In the same respect al Qaeda is to the Muslim religion as the KKK are to the Christians except that al Qaeda is the militant Islamist group and political organization of the Muslim religion. They require a person to be or convert to the Islamic religion and political system. Unlike the KKK al Qaeda dose makes and enforce political law, known as Shaira aka Islamic law.
Unlike the Muslim religion most christens denounce the KKK and would fight against them if and when they tried to gain political power. Muslum nations are under Islamic law and the U.S the Muslims have acted like al Qaeda and Islamists are a brother that no one talks about.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, when you bring up all the past ills of America and then compare that to JUST AQ, it's BS.

If you're going to include past injustices committed by the US, then you would have to include the same for the muslims.

There is really no comparison to who has the bloodier hands - radical muslims and their religion, hands down.
Well eek has a point but then the poster counts all the blood on the hands of all Americans from their beginning and says that al Qaeda doesn't have as much. I guess the poster, eek, doesn't know that al Qaeda hasn't been around very many years. All these libs try to play that game and many of them just can't understand anything about what they say.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I don't really know how to say what I want to say here without making this example so here I go.

Every member of al-Qaeda is Muslim but not every Muslim is al-Qaeda, just like ever Orange is a fruit but you can't say every fruit is and orange. See what I'm getting at here?
You answered my question and then went on too far. All I can see is you trying to protect the Muslims in al Qaeda.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ain't it grand to have someone around to answer the questions for you?

Old 08-23-2010, 10:09 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Sorry, as much as you want us to follow along like blind ducks to the pond, we simply are not going to do it. And as I said, if you think that I am parroting Hannity, then what I am reading and seeing must be pretty obvious for he and I not to have compare notes. I might have to start listening to him now! He must be on to something!
It is obvious that you do indeed follow like a blind duck as you describe. It is also obvious that to those who are predisposed to have a specific slant on the topic such as Hannity does, you would indeed view it that way, especially to promote and promulgate your agenda. But let's not even pretend that you don't, when it's obvious you already do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies