Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:39 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Your thread forced me to watch about 1/2 of Beck's show from today again, at the regular place and sure enough he was laughing at HuffPo and the fact that he said sure, sure when Sawyers said that Rauf was a good guy. I believe Beck when he says he didn't even know who the imam was in 2006. I also agree with him that if this is all HuffPo can find to discredit him he is closer to winning than he thought.

You go ahead and take the word of HuffPo about things like this, because Obama has said that that is his favorite site to get news. After seeing this thing I think I know why he said that. I will continue to go with Beck, who I watch and you lefties go with HuffPo for all your truth.
That sounds just like Diane Sawyer.

Have you ever read, Spin Sisters: How the Women of the Media Sell Unhappiness --- and Liberalism --- to the Women of America?

It is excellent!!! Mentions Diana Sawyer as well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Did you notice that HuffPo took this one from Media Matters? I saw it and immediately thought about George Soros and his reason for creating MM.
Who cares where it came from. It's not Beck's body double...it's him. He lies, he speaks with fork tongue, he speaks out of both sides of his mouth, he's a fraud, he has no integrity, he's freakin' Pinnochio. Sorry that you are so crestfallen as I know how much you admire this faker. The hardest part after the denial stage is acceptance, but you'll get thru it.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:55 PM

767 posts, read 489,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Heck, most people thought Obama was different than he turned out to be as well. Live and learn.
Why is it that every defense of Beck or Palin has to evoke Obama's name? Can't you defend them on their own merits? Or perhaps you cannot find any merits.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:44 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Why is it that every defense of Beck or Palin has to evoke Obama's name? Can't you defend them on their own merits? Or perhaps you cannot find any merits.
Ditto with the defense of Obama.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:44 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
They are so afraid of Glenn Beck that I am embarrassed for them.
He is certainly doing something right to claim all of this attention and their lies about him expose them for what they are, cowards.
He's not though and that is a sure thing.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:03 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But Beck does not need to take our word for it that Imam Rauf is a moderate who distances himself from radicals -- Rauf told Beck as much while sitting at the same table with him during a 2006 discussion on ABC's Good Morning America.

Glenn Beck PRAISED 'Good Muslim' Imam Rauf In 2006 (VIDEO)
Did you know about this guy in 2006?
Did anybody?
LOL, but Glenn Beck was suppose to know ALL about him?
Also, the word "appears" is the key.
Boy are they afraid of Glenn Beck.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Its the whole reason that people like Beck exist to bash Obama and push the Republican way of thinking.
I say let these hate mongers continue spewing out their venom and hatred against a duly elected government and the duly elected President of the United States of America while hypocritically telling us how American they are,i cant believe that they are endearing free thinking voters to their right wing agendas, i actually think these talking heads are the Democrats best advertisement for insuring Obama gets a second term as rational Americans wonder why they would want to have anything to do with these rightwing whacko's. Keep it up Glenn et-al you are doing a great job of showing just how dysfunctional the right has become.. 2012? I'm voting Democrat

Old 08-24-2010, 05:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse1 View Post
Imam Rauf has been shooting his mouth off overseas saying the USA is more dangerous than Al Quaida...and on the tax payers dime...our money folks..

Ground Zero Imam Says U.S. Worse than al-Qaeda - HUMAN EVENTS
He is on a trip for the State Dept, along with a group of several religious leaders to promote a bridge between ideologies. Yes, on the tax payer's dime, just as he did when GW Bush sent him and others on the same type of trip, in 2007.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:16 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Did any one attend Becks big event in Washington recently? or is that still to happen?
If people like Beck and Limbaugh were that interested in their so called saving of America i'm sure they have enough followers (sheeple)to make a credible run for the white house where they could initiate all their grand ideas on saving America.Might be a bit harder than sitting on their butts criticizing everything the Democratic team does and they wont get anywhere near the
$30-50 million a year they are making now but hey isnt the job of saving America worth the pay cut?
Go Rush,go Beck show the world how its done,

Old 08-25-2010, 04:55 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
HuffPo had to stretch and posture all over the place to get their story out of that piece. Of course, they don't mention anything about how Dianne Sawyers behaves these days and managed to quote Beck saying "Sure, Sure" which he often says when he is joshing about anything. He said it more than 3 times today and never did really mean sure as I would. However you have meson on your side along with HuffPo so all is well on the left.
There is a video of him saying and you are still in denial. It just shows how juvenile this forum is. Some people will do anything but concede a point. I mean you should be pretty embarrassed to resort to this type of argument just to avoid conceding a point. Judging by your response, you are making it plain and clear that you know the OP is right. What is the point of offering this garbage of a response. It only makes you appear less credible. At least have some honor and ignore the OP rather than offer this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies