Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:18 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Well, it is called common sense...The parents are pissed so they call the news media, now just sit back and watch...
Ohhhhh...okay...so show me the quote in the article that says that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 03:20 PM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ohhhhh...okay...so show me the quote in the article that says that.

Really!

I have formed mine based on the actions reported...

Old 08-24-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Really!

I have formed mine based on the actions reported...
How do you know it wasn't a p*ssed off family member or friend who alerted the media?

Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
How do you know it wasn't a p*ssed off family member or friend who alerted the media?
Can your responses get any shallower? Geez. If the child was not being used as Gay Right Ammunition, it wouldn't be reported on CNN. The couple would not have given an interview. They simply would have put the letter in the shredder, turned down media interviews, and sought out another school that accommodates their lifestyle. The fact that we're sitting here debating the subject is plenty of evidence. Again, I submit to you: This child is being used for Gay Right's Ammunition.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 PM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
Quote:
Do you think if I were talking to the actual moms, I would not offer them my personal opinion , if they asked...Yes, I would. So it wouldn't matter if you were, no would it!

Old 08-24-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Do you think if I were talking to the actual moms, I would not offer them my personal opinion , if they asked...Yes, I would. So it wouldn't matter if you were, no would it!
I have no idea what this post says.

Personally, I believe that any private business has the right to refuse service to anyone.

However, they also have the right to be called out on it and it be made public.

I think the fact that people here actually think this is some concocted b.s. being used as political ammunition by gay people is just sad. If you said it's political malarkey stirred up by THE MEDIA, then I might be more inclined to agree. The media is there to divide us, plain and simple.

"Politics and the press: two cherished institutions that [speak] with tongues so forked they could double for fine dinnerware."

Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Can your responses get any shallower? Geez. If the child was not being used as Gay Right Ammunition, it wouldn't be reported on CNN. The couple would not have given an interview. They simply would have put the letter in the shredder, turned down media interviews, and sought out another school that accommodates their lifestyle. The fact that we're sitting here debating the subject is plenty of evidence. Again, I submit to you: This child is being used for Gay Right's Ammunition.
We DON"T really know that for sure. Or maybe you do know what these lesbian parents were thinking? It could be that they are not from these parts or maybe they themselves went to religious schools when they were young and just assuned that admitting their dtr would not be an issue? It has only been recent that this secotr split off with the Episc. church, which has long had a history of sympathy toward gays and minorities.

Just by coincidence, I am staying with my BFF here in bedford, texas and that church is on his street (forest ridge st to be exact).

Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't know why they would want to go to that school anyway.

Because that school has the smartest kids coming out of there.
That school, the teachers actually have to teach to keep their jobs.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:50 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
???
Interesting that you're bringing race into this where no one else has.Hmmmm, what's that say?

"Mostly they are hoping that the lesbian rights fighters
Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton & Jeremiah Wright
will show up and then they will get money for private school"

How is this bringing race into it

It was not I who implied ANYTHING about race

Do you know what they do

Be very careful of the accusations you make

Old 08-24-2010, 10:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
they have to go further and make vicious comments about gays.
No one's making vicious comments. Stop being a typical (atheist) liberal and throwing around words like hateful and bigoted when they aren't warranted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies