Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 11:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,559,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
The article didn't make any vicious comments about gays, and over thirty posts deep into the thread there are no vicious comments to be found about gays.
You don't think this is a nasty comment about gays?

Quote:
Self-absorbed gay parents using small children as political fodder to further their Gay Agenda? I'm shocked. No, really.

It's no wonder countries like China bans homosexuals from adopting children. Wish we'd do the same if all they're going to do is use the poor kids for political gain, and posing as mascots in their little gay pride parades to show the world how "normal" they are.
Please.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
No one's making vicious comments.
If you don't think renault's comments are at least very anti-gay, then you must be anti-gay yourself. How else could anyone think comments like that are reasonable?

Quote:
Stop being a typical (atheist) liberal and throwing around words like hateful and bigoted when they aren't warranted
I never used the words "hateful" or "bigoted". You must be imagining things.

And no, I won't stop being anything - atheist, liberal, etc. - just because it upsets you.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:10 AM

25,040 posts, read 27,794,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And no, I won't stop being anything - atheist, liberal, etc. - just because it upsets you.
And I won't stop believing that gay marriage is not normal and same-sex parents is not normal either, just because it upsets you.

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 08-25-2010 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: typo correction

Old 08-25-2010, 12:21 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,958,566 times
It should be against the law to do something like this. I don't care if it's a private school or a religious school. Boo-hoo. Whatever happened to "All men are created equal"?

Old 08-25-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And I won't stop believing that gay marriage is not normal and same-sex parents is normal, just because it upsets you.
It doesn't upset me at all, but it does shed light on your earlier statement where you said no one has made any anti-gay comments.

Interesting typo you made, though. It's either a typo, or it's pretty strange: You think same-sex marriage is not normal but that same-sex parenting is normal?

Old 08-25-2010, 12:36 AM

37,032 posts, read 41,953,569 times
I personally see a big difference in being AGAINST something that doesn't hurt anyone and NOT BEING AGAINST something that doesn't hurt anyone.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:41 AM

387 posts, read 530,665 times
There should be more schools with an agenda to learn the subjects. They should also focus more on civics and technical training. Making "gay" a major issue in school is totally asinine and a distraction. If someone turns out to be gay or if a classmate has a gay family then let it be. Any type of bullying or shunning because of that matter should be handled like any other bullying situation.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:42 AM

25,040 posts, read 27,794,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It doesn't upset me at all, but it does shed light on your earlier statement where you said no one has made any anti-gay comments.

Interesting typo you made, though. It's either a typo, or it's pretty strange: You think same-sex marriage is not normal but that same-sex parenting is normal?
What is anti-gay to you? It's like accusing me of being a homophobe, which is a loaded statement like anti-gay. Difference being anti-gay and following moral Christian beliefs. Just because someone doesn't agree with what you think, does not make them a bigot, I know it's hard for liberals to understand that.

Typo corrected. Thanks for pointing it out. There's my ESL mistakes popping up again

Old 08-25-2010, 12:50 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,410,930 times
Just because a same sex couple has kids doesn't mean they're pushing an agenda. We like to have kids, just like everyone else. And the vast majority of gay parents like to send their kids to school, just like everyone else (the minority being homeschooling). I don't see why it has to be twisted into some attempt to push the gay agenda. Honestly these parents are probably just trying to send their kid to the best school they can, and if they're opposed to homosexuality, then all they need to do is say the parents can't attend events together or have to decide on one parent to attend all the school events, which would seem like a much more reasonable compromise than denying their daughter an education. That's essentially making the daughter pay for what is in their eyes, a sin on the parents' part.

If I were in the position, though, I wouldn't want to send my kid to a school that made my wife and me feel that unwelcome. I'd rather send my kid to another good school where it's not even an issue to begin with. If it was the only choice for a good education, then I would at least ask for the compromise I mentioned earlier.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:23 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,760,566 times
Whooooeeee, this thread has really turned into something else....as others in the beginning of this thread stated: It is a PRIVATE SCHOOL, NOT A PUBLIC SCHOOL, end of discussion.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies