Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which freedom will conservatives jeopardize next?
Freedom of Speech 14 28.57%
Protection from unlawful search and seizure 20 40.82%
Trial by jury 6 12.24%
Peaceful Assembly 3 6.12%
Other 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times

Advertisements

Liberals or progs as they call them. Just reading the threads on CD make it abundantly clear that liberals are the enemy of the country and we are the people they want to take the country back from. If they ever get in power again there will be a bounty on liberals. Dead or alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Job description for Obama

Old 08-23-2010, 11:15 PM

767 posts, read 489,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Job description for Obama
I rest my case. See my post earlier.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:16 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No one is disputing their right to build it. Isn't that clear by now, or is that all the Left has as an argument?

Why do you want to deny freedom of speech to those who oppose the building of the mosque?

Just as the muslims have a right to build it, those who don't want a mosque near GZ have the right to oppose it..in public...loudly.

Why do you want to deny them that right?

Btw, how does it feel to be in the minority fringe on so many issues?

I'm proud to count myself as part of majority that oppose the mosque.
So conservative complaints about the mosque have nothing to do with suppressing freedom of religion, but liberal disapproval of what conservatives say automatically means that we want to deny your freedoms of speech?

What faulty reasoning.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:31 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
We cannot be blind to the spirit of the law, which means that we should not give rights to those who seek to destroy us! The Constitution is not about national suicide!
We don't "give" rights to anyone.

The Constitution recognizes and protects inherent rights. Ignorance of that point on the part of a large number of people is what creates a risk of "national suicide."

Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Just as the muslims have a right to build it, those who don't want a mosque near GZ have the right to oppose it..in public...loudly.

I don't. I simply want to jeer at them and tell them they are scumbags, imbeciles and bigots. In public...loudly.

Checks and balances for everything, baby!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:36 PM

767 posts, read 489,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
So conservative complaints about the mosque have nothing to do with suppressing freedom of religion, but liberal disapproval of what conservatives say automatically means that we want to deny your freedoms of speech?

What faulty reasoning.
That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:43 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
No one is disputing their right to build it. Isn't that clear by now, or is that all the Left has as an argument?

Why do you want to deny freedom of speech to those who oppose the building of the mosque?

Btw, how does it feel to be in the minority fringe on so many issues?

I'm proud to count myself as part of majority that oppose the mosque.
You can oppose it and state your opinion loudly, just recognize and admit that your opinion is openly hostile to the Constitution - much like the KKK's. You're basically advocating for the censorship of legal Americans' law-abiding expression of spiritual belief on private property.

Last edited by ambient; 08-23-2010 at 11:53 PM..

Old 08-24-2010, 06:12 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post

What faulty reasoning.
Almost 70% of Americans oppose building a mosque at that location. Are you saying 70% of Americans are conservative? If that's the case then the Dems are in deep doo doo this November.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:17 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
I was going to check other, thinking they'd go after abortion, on second thought I believe that issue's too big a ca$h cow for them to want to lose it. I went with protection from unlawful search & seizure instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies