U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which freedom will conservatives jeopardize next?
Freedom of Speech 14 28.57%
Protection from unlawful search and seizure 20 40.82%
Trial by jury 6 12.24%
Peaceful Assembly 3 6.12%
Other 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
 
Location: Austin
4,102 posts, read 7,365,404 times
Reputation: 2124

Advertisements

The controversy surrounding the Muslim community center in Lower Manhattan inspired me to ask this. I'm especially interested in what conservatives will pick, so I will know what to be worried about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:39 PM
 
26,688 posts, read 17,331,665 times
Reputation: 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
The controversy surrounding the Muslim community center in Lower Manhattan inspired me to ask this. I'm especially interested in what conservatives will pick, so I will know what to be worried about.
They already covered the "Death Panels" and Obama is" indoctrinating" your kids when he speaks at the beginning of the school year. We also know that Obama is a Socialist, Communist, Muslim, foreigner. So let's see Granny is a goner, our kids are being brainwashed...I would guess any or all of the above. Why not go for broke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Looking over your shoulder
30,336 posts, read 27,799,885 times
Reputation: 81278
Conservatives are always worried about their gun thing. Somebodyís going to take them. Oh,, wait ,,,,, that was already something they worried about that didnít happen. lol,

Oh,, no thatís not it. Theyíre going to worry that those Muslims will be burning the Bibles now that they are planning on burning the Koran.

Lesson learned,,, "don't play with matches".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:40 PM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,350,452 times
Reputation: 1833
it'll be freedom of speech. they are kind of doing that already with the mosque issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:43 PM
 
4,814 posts, read 3,268,938 times
Reputation: 1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
The controversy surrounding the Muslim community center in Lower Manhattan inspired me to ask this. I'm especially interested in what conservatives will pick, so I will know what to be worried about.
We cannot be blind to the spirit of the law, which means that we should not give rights to those who seek to destroy us! The Constitution is not about national suicide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:44 PM
 
26,688 posts, read 17,331,665 times
Reputation: 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Conservatives are always worried about their gun thing. Somebodyís going to take them. Oh,, wait ,,,,, that was already something they worried about that didnít happen. lol,

Oh,, no thatís not it. Theyíre going to worry that those Muslims will be burning the Bibles now that they are planning on burning the Koran.

Lesson learned,,, "don't play with matches".
No, but somebody here yesterday blamed him for the bad eggs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:48 PM
 
767 posts, read 394,445 times
Reputation: 215
The 4th amendment was under attack before this mosque controversy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 PM
 
10,783 posts, read 11,850,516 times
Reputation: 4795
Anything they can do the run the country into the ground, then blame the democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,599,417 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
After freedom of religion, which freedom will conservatives go after next?
No one is disputing their right to build it. Isn't that clear by now, or is that all the Left has as an argument?

Why do you want to deny freedom of speech to those who oppose the building of the mosque?

Just as the muslims have a right to build it, those who don't want a mosque near GZ have the right to oppose it..in public...loudly.

Why do you want to deny them that right?

Btw, how does it feel to be in the minority fringe on so many issues?

I'm proud to count myself as part of majority that oppose the mosque.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 11:04 PM
 
767 posts, read 394,445 times
Reputation: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No one is disputing their right to build it. Isn't that clear by now, or is that all the Left has as an argument?

Why do you want to deny freedom of speech to those who oppose the building of the mosque?

Just as the muslims have a right to build it, those who don't want a mosque near GZ have the right to oppose it..in public...loudly.

Why do you want to deny them that right?

Btw, how does it feel to be in the minority fringe on so many issues?

I'm proud to count myself as part of majority that oppose the mosque.
Not true. I've heard plenty of people complain about NYC giving them permits to build it. That's like saying, I support your right to protest, but I don't support the government giving you a permit to protest. ???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top