Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:19 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
And rightly so, it seems to me.
So , you don't like this family because...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The Kochs are Libertarians. Obama doesn't like Libertarians because they believe in freedom and personal responsibility.
They seem like meanie pies !

Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,091 times
Here's an article that may provide some background....

Covert Operations

The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama.

by Jane Mayer

[LEFT]
Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer#ixzz0xYAR4194
[/LEFT]

Not sure how I got an extra link but they both appear to work.
The billionaire Koch brothers’ war against Obama : The New Yorker

Old 08-24-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Here's an article that may provide some background....

Covert Operations

The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama.

by Jane Mayer

[LEFT]
Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer#ixzz0xYAR4194
[/LEFT]

Not sure how I got an extra link but they both appear to work.
The billionaire Koch brothers’ war against Obama : The New Yorker
Help me here , where is the bad part ? Why are they "evil" ?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:47 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
So , you don't like this family because...
I was referring to what Obama said, I don't see him mentioning the name Koch.
Anyway, any billionaire is a thug to me, else they would not have hoarded so much money.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well, the thread title did act as a magnet to attract the Obama haters, none of which actually addressed what might be suspect about these guys, so I'll chime in.....

This morning, the New Yorker’s Jane Mayer published an explosive investigative piece detailing the role of the Koch family in orchestrating not only the Tea Party movement, but much of the modern right-wing infrastructure. The brothers David and Charles Koch, heirs to the oil and chemical conglomerate Koch Industries, have founded or funded dozens of conservative or libertarian publications, think tanks, and attack groups. Their father, Fred Koch, similarly fueled the paranoid right-wing movements of the fifties and sixties through his financing of the John Birch Society.

More On Koch Bothers Insidious Role In Crafting The Modern Right | The Fifth Column

TIMELINE: From Promoting Acid Rain To Climate Denial, Over 20 Years Of David Koch’s Polluter Front Groups

The corporate-backed front group Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is again leading the charge for industry against environmental protections. Earlier this month, AFP kicked off its “Regulation Reality Tour” — a roadshow through the states of pivotal senators pressuring the Environmental Protection Agency not to regulate carbon emissions, as outlined by the Clean Air Act .

Think Progress » TIMELINE: From Promoting Acid Rain To Climate Denial, Over 20 Years Of David Koch’s Polluter Front Groups
You link Fifth Column and Think Progress and expect people like me to read them? I read the blurb on Koch's website about their work with green crap and saw enough to see that they feel they have to defend themselves.

BTW, I live about 125 miles from their headquarters and don't know a lot of people who see them like your people do.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I was referring to what Obama said, I don't see him mentioning the name Koch.
Anyway, any billionaire is a thug to me, else they would not have hoarded so much money.
ookeydookey

Old 08-24-2010, 01:18 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Meanwhile back here on planet Earth. Obama won the presidency from hundreds of millions in donations from foreign entities and he also fought to have the names withheld so nobody knew where the funds were coming from. He's such a damn criminal and needs to be locked up for life.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:22 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Obama did another strange thing ..
He showed up for work?

Old 08-24-2010, 01:23 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
He went on a rant about this family named Koch . I looked them up and I'm happy to give them my business .
Here is a link
Koch Industries, Inc.

Why would Obama do this ? ( I like heat in the winter) does he think people hate oil?
Is Koch primarily owned by white people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies