Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Why talk about issues and use examples for which you have no understanding or have even looked at? Why?
I live in Germany, you don't. I am surrounded my muslims at work, at school, in my neighborhood etc. I doubt you are.

Is the KKK representative of the white American? Are the German Nazis from today representative of Germans? Are the radical muslims representative of all muslims?

Millions of muslims have been here for the last decades and most of them are not radical. They live under democratic law just as anybody else.

Just how many muslims do you actually know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Really, why did one of their mosques get shut down?

Don't overlook the forms of Jihad. Four kinds of Jihad against the "munafiqin" (hypocrites) and against "kuffar" (unbelievers). They are: with the heart, the tongue, one’s wealth and oneself. Jihad against "unbelievers" is more of physical fighting, whereas jihad against "hypocrites" is more along the lines of using words and ideas.
One of how many? If one has ties to radicals it needs to be shut down, that doesn't mean all of them have ties to radicals. ONE is a huge sample size btw.

How many muslims do you actually know?

Old 08-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Really, why did one of their mosques get shut down?
Look up how many churches in Germany tried to cover abuse by priests. Should we now all condemn Christianity?

Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Look up how many churches in Germany tried to cover abuse by priests. Should we now all condemn Christianity?
The difference is that the Bible does not condone that behaviour, the Koran encourages their violence. Next.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
The difference is that the Bible does not condone that behaviour, the Koran encourages their violence. Next.
The Bible condones other violent behaviour. The reality is what people actually do other than what is written somewhere. Most muslims are not violent so it doesn't matter what is in the Koran. But if you make that argument then don't forget what is in the Bible.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
So, how many muslims do you actually personally know?

Old 08-25-2010, 03:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
The Bible condones other violent behaviour. The reality is what people actually do other than what is written somewhere. Most muslims are not violent so it doesn't matter what is in the Koran. But if you make that argument then don't forget what is in the Bible.
Both the Hebrew Bible and Christian Scriptures contain story after story of violence against women: e.g. Dinah (Genesis 34), Tamar (2 Samuel 13), the Levite's concubine (Judges 19), Jephthah's daughter (Judges 11), Vashti (Esther 1), Suzannah (Daniel 13), and probably the persistent widow in Luke's Gospel (Luke 18) 2 . Later Christian texts also condone male violence against women and the domination of women. For example, the right of chastisement was the enforcer of women's subordination in marriage. In the "Rules of Marriage" compiled by Friar Cherubino in the 15 th century (Bussert, 1986) we find the careful instruction to a husband to first reprimand his wife; "And if this still doesn't work . . . take up a stick and beat her soundly . . . for it is better to punish the body and correct the soul than to damage the soul and spare the body"

Violence Against Women and the Role of Religion

Except for murder, slavery has got to be one of the most immoral things a person can do. Yet slavery is rampant throughout the Bible in both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible clearly approves of slavery in many passages, and it goes so far as to tell how to obtain slaves, how hard you can beat them, and when you can have sex with the female slaves.

Slavery in the Bible

Old 08-25-2010, 03:23 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
So, how many muslims do you actually personally know?
I think she must know a lot of them. It's taking a while to count them all up.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:25 PM

138 posts, read 214,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Both the Hebrew Bible and Christian Scriptures contain story after story of violence against women: e.g. Dinah (Genesis 34), Tamar (2 Samuel 13), the Levite's concubine (Judges 19), Jephthah's daughter (Judges 11), Vashti (Esther 1), Suzannah (Daniel 13), and probably the persistent widow in Luke's Gospel (Luke 18) 2 . Later Christian texts also condone male violence against women and the domination of women. For example, the right of chastisement was the enforcer of women's subordination in marriage. In the "Rules of Marriage" compiled by Friar Cherubino in the 15 th century (Bussert, 1986) we find the careful instruction to a husband to first reprimand his wife; "And if this still doesn't work . . . take up a stick and beat her soundly . . . for it is better to punish the body and correct the soul than to damage the soul and spare the body"

Except for murder, slavery has got to be one of the most immoral things a person can do. Yet slavery is rampant throughout the Bible in both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible clearly approves of slavery in many passages, and it goes so far as to tell how to obtain slaves, how hard you can beat them, and when you can have sex with the female slaves.

Slavery in the Bible
Wow! You're full of crap. Come back with a real version of the Bible, and maybe I'll pay attention.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Slavery in the Bible
This web site is designed to spread the vicious truth about the Bible. For far too long priests and preachers have completely ignored the vicious criminal acts that the Bible promotes. The so called “God” of the Bible makes Osama Bin Laden look like a Boy Scout. This God, according to the Bible, is directly responsible for many mass-murders, rapes, pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and killing, not to mention the killing of unborn children. I have included references to the Biblical passages, so grab your Bible and follow along. You can also follow along with on-line Bibles such as BibleStudyTools.net or SkepticsAnnotatedBible.com.

I cut and pasted these words from the home page of your last link. I am not about to read stuff like it has to have in it since it is so obviously atheist crap and I don't agree with any brand of atheism. Why would anybody post crap like you posted when there are more Christians posting here than there are atheists. If I am wrong you take your honest head count and that is the best way to drive me away.

Actually I wanted to roll out of my chair reading on that site but I managed to get control of my laughter before I fell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies