Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2010, 04:10 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
So tell us who the pastors/ministers are please.
Why? So you can sit here and bash them by name? It could be Jesus Christ himself and youd still badmouth everything about this event. So why are you even in the thread? We are all aware of your hate. You dont add anything else to this. And frankly, you seldom do, at least on this topic. Its the same thing over and over. We get it already. You wont be swayed, you made that clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 04:10 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Seriously man, why do you care? Am I wrong to say that nothing will change your mind on this event or Beck? So why do you keep up with this? Im being completely serious. Your points have been made. You hate Beck and anything he would associate himself with and any event he would hold. Everyone here gets that already. So why do you keep doing it? Is there nothing else for you to talk about that affects you?
Why do you keep repeating yourself?

Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Glenn Beck's 8/28 rally on the National Mall falls on the same date as Martin Luther King, Jr.'s
"I Have a Dream" speech. That -- and, well, everything else Beck does -- was enough to raise
Jon Stewart's ire again on The Daily Show last night.

Watch
Is that date supposed to be blacked out for all eternity?

No events can ever take place on that day?

Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Glenn Beck Program

America's Devine Destiny is tonight at the Kennedy Center. Beck had the ministers on him show today. There were 4 of them. Can't remember their names. I am sure they are listed on his web site.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
But what does Glenn Beck and his minions say is the meaning of "restoring honor" I went to his website and could not find any explanation.
I would surmise it has something to do with what obama and the dems have done since taking power.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Why? So you can sit here and bash them by name?<snip>
No, somebody claimed there will be "many" ministers/pastors, I just want names.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I would surmise it has something to do with what obama and the dems have done since taking power.
But Beck claims it isn't political.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:16 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Seriously man, why do you care? Am I wrong to say that nothing will change your mind on this event or Beck? So why do you keep up with this? Im being completely serious. Your points have been made. You hate Beck and anything he would associate himself with and any event he would hold. Everyone here gets that already. So why do you keep doing it? Is there nothing else for you to talk about that affects you?
I don't believe there is. He has no idea what he's talking about. Someone told him race was a good word to associate with Beck. It would get him LOTS of attention. So he ran with it like any sheeple would. Ask him to back something up and he tells you to find evidence to substantiate your position, and it's already been posted in the thread. He doesn't read it.
What's the point if it isn't for attention.

In his own way he is dishonoring MLK and the soldiers by launching an unsubstantiated propaganda campaign, IMO.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So if its not political then instead of Palin, why not invite Obama or Biden or Bush or Colin Powell or someone less polarizing than Palin? By inviting Palin, Beck made it political.
Obama would be more polarizing and since this is Beck's event, he can invite whoever he wants to. It's the Left that has a problem with it and that is THEIR problem.

Quote:
You should have posted the map put out by the tea party directing the attendees where to
go to avoid dark skinned people.....not political my ass!
Definitely some places in DC and every big city where you wouldn't want to go.

Quote:
Alveda King is a politician.
A speaker too! MLK's niece!! Bonus - she's black!!

Old 08-27-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
This rally seems to be about slogans and nothing more. Beck is unclear about reason for this rally, and his followers are just as confused. It would be like the left having a rally called "Fight for freedom" yet make no mention of any freedoms they feel have been threatened. Bunch of hot air, nothing more.
Last time I looked, a reason is not necessary for people to gather and voice their opinions. Whatever reason they give, is good enough, whether you agree with it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies