Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2010, 08:57 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,660 times

Advertisements

To Follow by faith alone is to follow blindly.

Wars are not paid for in wartime, the bill comes later.

--Ben Franklin

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.

--S. Adams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 09:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
None. Signs or anything of the sort are not allowed. Beck's rules. So yeah, he is trying to make it a point that this isnt political.

And will you guys wait for the damn thing to happen before you spout off with your accusations and usual hateful rhetoric? Geez.

Or better yet, you and Meson and the rest of you, can just not pay attention to it. Dont watch Beck, dont listen to him. Problem solved. He is a host, he does NOT affect you.

Move on with your sad lives. You hate him, fine. Then hate him and move on. The obsession some of you have with Beck is starting to become concerning.
No signs b/c the signs the Tea Partiers carried showed their true colors so well, and were an embarrasment to them eventually.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:01 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Get real Beck's whole shtick is a scam, Beck is a scam artist and anybody taken in by him
needs a reality check.
Beck is a histrionic personality who many people, like me, find hard to take but he does some make some salient and true observations that make people "wake up and smell the coffee."

Old 08-27-2010, 09:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, I think Republicans should restore their honor but it'll take a lot more than one rally....more like a miracle....
You know, Beck said today that there will be some real miracles in the near future. I guess you must know something that few of us here know.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So you and Glenn Beck agree that America lacks honor? Why do you have such a poor view of America?
I will not call you what came into my head but I must ask if you can read what I write. I said that Beck wants to Restore the Honor of the Founders that has been taken away by progressives. You should try to read the words instead of wanting so badly to put words into the words of those who don't think as you do. Try it. You may like it.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:17 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
typical answer from a liberal obamatron. so never mind dont answer the question just give a dumb response. PS I hope all is well with you
I thought my my answer would have been clear by my response.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
Because this is NOT the America my parents gave their lives for. Just look at everything crumbling all around us. The lack of direction and progress of anything for the common person.

One real quick example:

The United States is planning on improving the rail system in this country especially in the North East. At one point this country built the greatest train system in the world. The proposal by the government would give us a good train system by 20th century standards. A trip from Philly to NYC for example would take 1.5 hours. A group of urban planning students at the University of Penn. tackled the same issue. They came up with a viable system that would take that same train trip and cut it down to 40 minutes. Imagine going from Philly to NYC in 40 minutes. They took their plan to the government, government didn't care..didn't want to even look at the plan or listen to the kids.

America sucks right now. People don't care about one another just how to make and keep the almighty dollar (and this was before the economy tanked) People don't do research they just yell and yell and yell at each other. The government used to work for the people, the party that was the minority would still work towards progress. Not anymore. Because of Republican politics, first responders to 9/11 won't have access to healthcare. Taxes, something that is needed to keep this country going is now looked upon as the worst sin. Look at the city of Oakland California...if some has or is burglarizing your house the police won't come, their aren't enough of them because of budget cuts and tax cuts. That city has allowed the criminials to win. People don't want to help others. Our education system is in shambles, even the private schools are going downhill. The world is laughing at us, laughing. Somehow taking care of our fellow Americans is considered to be a weakness. The divide between rich and poor is greater than ever, and as I keep preaching we live in a plutocracy where 3/4 of COngress and the cabinet are millionaires. And most of the other 1/4 make at least six figure salaries. If that is not in touch with America I don't know what is.

Yeah America sucks, so go ahead and tell me to leave...
What really kept that bill from passing in the House where the Dems have such a big majority? Well now they used a silly rule to call for a 2/3 vote so they could force the GOP to vote with them and they didn't do it. Yep, it is that time of year when we have to start hearing them blame the GOP when it was them that caused the defeat. That healthcare could have been had if they had accepted a couple of amendments to the bill or they could have just voted the majority and passed it. Politics usually works but this time it failed.

BTW, the base salary of Congressmen and women is $174,000 and that sure is six figures. Even those stupid Democrats that applied that silly rule get that much.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
this rally is the top feature on both the nbc and abc DC 11 pm newscasts tonight. there are already a lot of people hanging out down there in lawn chairs.

almost as an afterthought, they gave about 7 seconds worth of coverage to al simpleton's 'counter-protest.'

Old 08-27-2010, 09:27 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Like it or not, Glenn Beck has the attention of the right and the left. Some of my leftie friends are now following Beck.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this rally is the top feature on both the nbc and abc DC 11 pm newscasts tonight. there are already a lot of people hanging out down there in lawn chairs.

almost as an afterthought, they gave about 7 seconds worth of coverage to al simpleton's 'counter-protest.'
I wonder if Al will have anybody not from SEIU or ACORN at his counter rally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies