Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 08:21 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,079,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
No one said the founders lost their honor. Where do you get that from."""

Was that a question ? I am asking questions because I, like so many others , wondered whose honor was lost if it has to be restored.....? Can't the repugs handle questions?????

""" I believe part of this is about returning to the type of honor our founders had."""

But it will take the repugs way more than one rally to get their honor back....wayyyyy more!

"""Your Palin remark is more of the same. False, incendiary remarks. Palin is not giving a political speech."""

OMG!!!! WHY would I think that!!

"""No one is taking money at this rally from anyone.

Watch and see. No one knows exactly everything that will be said today at the rally. You have to watch to find out. I suggest you actually trying that before making silly, baseless accusations and remarks.
H O W are they going to restore honor??

By giving speeches????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 08:21 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,119,325 times
Word is that people are already filling up the area back to the reflecting pool. And there are still 40 minutes to go before it starts. That's a lot of people.

Reminder to those that want to see the event. Even you haters. You can see it on Facebook and CSPAN and Justin.tv - Live Streaming Video

Old 08-28-2010, 08:24 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,119,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

By giving speeches????
Why dont you watch and see? This rally just doesnt automatically restore anything. Its about people. Its about starting something in all of us, then going from there.

You mock, but how about you watch? Sure, you can watch and youll still come away saying Beck is evil. So better yet, why dont you go watch Sharpton's event. And hmmmm, why isnt he taking heat? His Reclaim the Dream event is going on yet no one has a problem with that. Sharpton is nothing close to MLK and has proven to be nothing but a race baitor and agitator. Yet because he is black and NOT conservative, he is spared from any heat on this.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 AM

13,679 posts, read 8,946,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

By giving speeches????

Of course by giving speeches.

I am hoping they (Mr Beck and Ms Palin) also do the "Restoring Honor Dance" (I have seen a rendition of it; it is beautiful and symbolic, involves quite a bit of waving the arms around and jerking the legs up and down, and yelping 'honor' occasionally).

T-Shirts will, of course, be sold. With every purchase 10 percent goes towards restoring the Honor of America (Canada not included).

Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 AM

37,745 posts, read 40,809,970 times
I've said this before but the reason the media and/or the left is focused on Beck is because:

1. They have no political target. No one conservative or Republican candidate has emerged as the obvious choice for 2012 yet and George W Bush isn't runnung. Plus, the 2012 Republican candidates being mumbled about are retreads and frankly, boring. They've maxed out on Sarah Palin. Can't get the base excited over them.

2. The Dems/Libs control the House and the Senate and the Republican House and Senate Minority leaders are snoozers and more importantly non-threatening as they don't seem to aspire to the presidency, they come from Ohio and Kentucky, don't tend to blurt out controversial stuff, and as they are not majority leaders, they have no real power, Can't get the base excited over them.

3. Can't go after the head of the RNC without risking being labeled racist hypocrites.

So, they go elsewhere looking for the boogeyman.

4. What can you say about Rush Limbaugh? He's been around since man discovered fire. There's nothing new to say about him. But even more important, he doesn't compete with the lefties in the TV, print and online media as far as his radio show goes. Lefty radio is almost invisible. Nothing there for them to sink there teeth into that hasn't already been said by them about Rush.

5. O'Reilly is bombastic and with the highest watched TV news show would be a natural target except for a few things. He's not particularly "deep" on politics or especially on the economy and frequently plays the wall sitting Humpty Dumpty on related issues. When a guest opposes his opinion, he talks over them as opposed to delving into the issue where he might be on more shaky ground. He's much better on culture issues. He's like the People Magazine of TV news. Touches on a whole bunch of things but never goes deep enough into anything and it works for him and Fox News. I watch his show all the time but I watch Cavuto (business) and Beck (history, government) and Baier (politics, foreign affairs) to know what's going on. O'Reilly is only threatening to the left because of his audience numbers not because of what he's saying. The chatter on him has died considerably.

6. That leaves Beck. The news media is full of jealous sisters and that includes the men. Beck's popularity is killing them. He sells books, his own and books of others. At 5:00P, he's got a pretty big cable audience that beats out othe cable shows in primetime. He's got a pretty popular and far reaching radio show. He's at the top of lists in magazines. He has stories done about him. But most importantly, he's the voice of people who the other news media pooh-poohs, can't be bothered with and denigrates. He doesn't treat his audience like idiots. Beck was the same person on CNN Headline News but now he has a bigger set, a bigger budget, and a cable news channel that lets him do his thing. And the timing of his switch to Fox News to coincide with the changing of the guard at the White House should not be under-emphasized. Do you think some of his TV numbers at 5:00P might have something to do with out-of-work disenchanted people who are home to watch him? He's voicing the opinion of those that didn't have a TV voice on values and traditions issues. And, not only are his audience numbers big in non-primetime but I suspect he's raised the audience numbers of the show that follows him on Fox News.

The left hates him because they've got nothing else.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Why dont you watch and see? This rally just doesnt automatically restore anything. Its about people. Its about starting something in all of us,""

Starting what? I have honor but if repugs lost their's and think speeches will get it back...Good LUCK!

""then going from there.

You mock, but how about you watch? Sure, you can watch and youll still come away saying Beck is evil. So better yet, why dont you go watch Sharpton's event. And hmmmm, why isnt he taking heat? His Reclaim the Dream event is going on yet no one has a problem with that. Sharpton is nothing close to MLK and has proven to be nothing but a race baitor and agitator. Yet because he is black and NOT conservative, he is spared from any heat on this.
DUUHHHH....I don't pay any attention to Sharpton or give a damn about him.....why are you? To deflect from some silly rally?

Oh, BTW, as far as donations....Beck is doing this for RATINGS which may get him higher pay.....don't be naive...

Old 08-28-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Of course by giving speeches.

I am hoping they (Mr Beck and Ms Palin) also do the "Restoring Honor Dance" (I have seen a rendition of it; it is beautiful and symbolic, involves quite a bit of waving the arms around and jerking the legs up and down, and yelping 'honor' occasionally).

T-Shirts will, of course, be sold. With every purchase 10 percent goes towards restoring the Honor of America (Canada not included).
LOL!!!!

I think the dance will cinch it as far as restoring Repug's honor!!!

Old 08-28-2010, 08:34 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,361,426 times
Quote:

Watch and see. No one knows exactly everything that will be said today at the rally. You have to watch to find out. I suggest you actually trying that before making silly, baseless accusations and remarks.

He has many Church Pastors speaking. It is going to be multi-cultural.
I'm told by MSNBC only a few hundred are going to show up.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:38 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,814,369 times
U streaming it now. Sure does seem to be a lot of black people there for such a racist event

Restoring Honor Rally, Ustream.TV: Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that ...

Watch out singing a song right now about everyone needs someone. How true is that

Old 08-28-2010, 08:44 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,361,426 times
Beck is nothing more than our President before his nomination.

Beck is a community organizer, nothing else.

Our now President was a community organizer, and the left can't stand it that Beck has one up'ed the Prez. Beck has become a national organizer. More people back Beck's community, than that of Obama's community.

Of coarse he is the opposition. He is the messenger. They have nothing for the message itself.
Beck goes after the message, the messenger doesn't get a wasted drip of sweat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies