Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:16 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Alveda King is a politician.

Thanks for providing the map. Guess Madcow jumps to even more conclusions than I remember. Lovely that she stoops that far to dig at her competitor when he is trying to do a good thing. Too bad some of these rabid people didn't come up with something honoring the troops and contributors to our society on their own instead of bashing...jealousy I guess. Wonder why she didn't come up with the idea to honor people.

And Ms King would certainly want to be at the occasion to honor her father. Is that unacceptable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 06:33 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Thanks for providing the map. Guess Madcow jumps to even more conclusions than I remember. Lovely that she stoops that far to dig at her competitor when he is trying to do a good thing. Too bad some of these rabid people didn't come up with something honoring the troops and contributors to our society on their own instead of bashing...jealousy I guess. Wonder why she didn't come up with the idea to honor people.

And Ms King would certainly want to be at the occasion to honor her father. Is that unacceptable?
Alveda King is not MLK's daughter she is his niece. This event is nothing more than
an attempt by Beck to boost his already overinflated ego...sorry you drank the Kool Aid.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:45 PM

767 posts, read 489,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Back to our ROOTS! Time to take back what is rightfully ours.
Take it back from whom? When did we lose this honor. Who made us lose it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Restoring Honor - 8.28.10

That wasn't hard to find...
Except it doesn't say anything about why it's called restoring honor. Honor to what? Honor to the military? When was this honor supposedly lost? Who made them lose it?

Old 08-24-2010, 06:49 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
Quote:
Alveda King is not MLK's daughter she is his niece. This event is nothing more than
an attempt by Beck to boost his already overinflated ego...sorry you drank the Kool Aid.

In your esteemed opinion. Well, you and Madcow.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:51 PM

Restoring honor to what? I've heard references to the military. Is he saying the military needs to have it's honor restored? I've gone on his website, but no mention or details, just some slogan, but nothing else. This rally seems to be about slogans, nothing more.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:54 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Take it back from whom? When did we lose this honor. Who made us lose it?

Except it doesn't say anything about why it's called restoring honor. Honor to what? Honor to the military? When was this honor supposedly lost? Who made them lose it?
You folks are like trying to teach 3rd graders. Try looking further down at ole say:

EVENT DESCRIPTION

I know that whole reading thing is entirely too complicated.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You folks are like trying to teach 3rd graders. Try looking further down at ole say:

EVENT DESCRIPTION

I know that whole reading thing is entirely too complicated.

I've read it, and it doesn't explain where the honor has been lost. All it does is mention the military, so does he feel the military needs to restore it's honor?

Quote:
Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.

Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. On August, 28th, come join us in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC.
[/SIZE]

Old 08-24-2010, 07:02 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Anybody buying into Beck's hype needs to buy a home lobotomy kit....

Old 08-24-2010, 07:04 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Like Dr. Alveda King?

Old 08-24-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
This rally seems to be about slogans and nothing more. Beck is unclear about reason for this rally, and his followers are just as confused. It would be like the left having a rally called "Fight for freedom" yet make no mention of any freedoms they feel have been threatened. Bunch of hot air, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies