Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:28 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Translated from ExecuSpeak to the Truth:

We need to screw Americans, pollute America, just as we do the Chinese and China.....so that I, Your God, can make more money in a week than most Americans make in a year. Bush gave me a HUGE TAX BREAK to create jobs but I stored it away in my own private fortune never to see the light of day. I want American taxpayers to pay for my factory while I screw them with low wages.

Don't complain about unemployment then.

Keep in mind that during the Bush administration, unemployment was very low until the democrats gained control of congress.

Keep taxing buisness and increasing regulation and you will see more and more US unemployment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 06:28 AM

624 posts, read 1,120,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Regulations are very strict in Germany and probably in Switzerland as well, dunno. Romania, not so sure. Maybe Europeans simply don't expect to make so much money on a factory. The outsourcing and off-shoring from the US has always been more extreme than from Europe, in my opinion because American managers are traditionally more interested in short-term gains and higher dividends.

I assume subsidies from the state of Saxony have helped convince AMD to build its factory in Dresden.
Yes the regulations are tough all over the Europe (including Eastern Europe) but with new machines it's not hard to fulfill them. (actually you can use 10-15-20 years old equipment and you'll still be ok)
I would rather want my tax money to be spent on some subsidies for a factory that creates 3000-4000 (half of them for engineers and other professionals) jobs than on a war or other stupid things!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Don't complain about unemployment then.

Keep in mind that during the Bush administration, unemployment was very low until the democrats gained control of congress.

Keep taxing buisness and increasing regulation and you will see more and more US unemployment.
Oh, no, don't be blaming Democrats, (that BlameGame, repubs CLAIM to hate)

This down slide did NOT start in the last two years of the Bush administration....

But Bush DID give the wealthiest a huge tax break and CLAIMED it would create jobs....it didn't for reason stated here:

"""We need to screw Americans, pollute America, just as we do the Chinese and China.....so that I, Your God, can make more money in a week than most Americans make in a year. Bush gave me a HUGE TAX BREAK to create jobs but I stored it away in my own private fortune never to see the light of day. I want American taxpayers to pay for my factory while I screw them with low wages."""

But I guess you agree with the above.....how un-American...

Old 08-25-2010, 07:00 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Quote:
Oh, no, don't be blaming Democrats, (that BlameGame, repubs CLAIM to hate)

This down slide did NOT start in the last two years of the Bush administration....

But Bush DID give the wealthiest a huge tax break and CLAIMED it would create jobs....it didn't for reason stated here:

"""We need to screw Americans, pollute America, just as we do the Chinese and China.....so that I, Your God, can make more money in a week than most Americans make in a year. Bush gave me a HUGE TAX BREAK to create jobs but I stored it away in my own private fortune never to see the light of day. I want American taxpayers to pay for my factory while I screw them with low wages."""

But I guess you agree with the above.....how un-American...
I'm very glad you're arguing against the GM bailout...finally!

Old 08-25-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I'm very glad you're arguing against the GM bailout...finally!
I never argued for it.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
I never argued for it.
Well, us libertarians and conservatives thank you for your opposition to it anyway.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Well, us libertarians and conservatives thank you for your opposition to it anyway.
I never opposed it. And whether I was for it or against ahd NOTHING to do with it.....I, like YOU, have no influence on that.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I never opposed it. And whether I was for it or against ahd NOTHING to do with it.....I, like YOU, have no influence on that.
Oh don't be silly...of course you were opposed to it, based on your previous corporate welfare diatribe on factories.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:00 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,251,614 times
I'm sure Mr. Otellini wants government policies altered in regard to the hiring of tech workers. A bill passed recently increases the HB-1 visa fees companies will have to pay to import tech workers from India and other countries and punish American I.T. workers. Regarding Carly Fiorina's statement "that too many government policies push jobs overseas instead of making U.S. companies competitive against international rivals", H.R.*5893, the "Investing in American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010." will encourage companies not to ship jobs overseas because it will close the tax loopholes that encourage companies to ship jobs overseas.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:42 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
No sh.t?

The tech industry has been tripping over their feet to ship entry level positions overseas and now they're surprised that no new talent is being nurtured locally. Wow. Who could possibly have predicted that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies