Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:23 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
what's wrong? embarrassed by it?
It happened. Why not share the news?
fyi-neccessary only has one c. =]
All the libs who bought into the O-BAA-MAA hype are just pissy now because they see how their dreams are being shattered by the reality that 0bama really was nothing more then a community organizer with a teleprompter.

Carvell claimed that with the election of 0bama, the democrats would control government for generations, and the truth is they will lose it all in two years.

They would have lost it sooner, but we had to wait two years for the congressional elections to be held.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 09:29 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All the libs who bought into the O-BAA-MAA hype are just pissy now because they see how their dreams are being shattered by the reality that 0bama really was nothing more then a community organizer with a teleprompter.

Carvell claimed that with the election of 0bama, the democrats would control government for generations, and the truth is they will lose it all in two years.

They would have lost it sooner, but we had to wait two years for the congressional elections to be held.
The expectations for obama were so unrealistic as to make me worry about the mental health of a lot of americans. There's no way he possibly could have lived up to the expectations. When obama was inaugurated, I was on a BBC radio show asking about the perceptions of obama on the national mall, and the people were just basically spouting off the most unrealistic expectations, and when someone suggested their expectations were possibly unrealistic, they basically got shouted down , well, called a "party pooper"..

Old 08-26-2010, 09:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
The expectations for obama were so unrealistic as to make me worry about the mental health of a lot of americans. There's no way he possibly could have lived up to the expectations. When obama was inaugurated, I was on a BBC radio show asking about the perceptions of obama on the national mall, and the people were just basically spouting off the most unrealistic expectations, and when someone suggested their expectations were possibly unrealistic, they basically got shouted down , well, called a "party pooper"..
Obama played a huge part in setting those expectations as well with his sky-high rhetoric.

What I find particularly interesting is that not only were the people's expectations so high that they ignored reality, they willingly and purposely forget that Obama is half-white while hailing him as the first Black president. I don't really care that Black people hail his Presidency as a watershed moment for them; If it inspires them, that's great. I'm merely pointing out that this is another example logic and realism being thrown out the window over this guy.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama played a huge part in setting those expectations as well with his sky-high rhetoric.

What I find particularly interesting is that not only were the people's expectations so high that they ignored reality, they willingly and purposely forget that Obama is half-white while hailing him as the first Black president. I don't really care that Black people hail his Presidency as a watershed moment for them; If it inspires them, that's great. I'm merely pointing out that this is another example logic and realism being thrown out the window over this guy.
You mean when 0bama claimed "We are the ones we have been waiting for"? Yup, he bought into his own campaign hype, and still does.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:27 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,192,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I wonder what the solders, sailors and marines think about all of that time off for their Commander In-Chief.
I served in the military, and believe for the overwhelming majority it is the last thing on their mind.

Active duty military members get 30 days of well deserved paid leave per year, which is very likely more than most on this forum.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:30 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I wonder what the solders, sailors and marines think about all of that time off for their Commander In-Chief. Most of them "live" at their jobs too, and I'm sure the stress level is a bit higher than Mr. Obama's with bombs going off around you while you try to sleep.

If those solders want to take a vacation, they have to pay their way back to the US and take a 20 hour flight. Plus they only get 30 days per year off although they can roll it over to the next year. They don't get weekends off either and most likely work at least 12 hours a day, seven days a week. (Some do get days off now and then).

So no, I don't appreciate the Commander In-Chief enjoying so much leisure time while his troops are at war. Camp David is a good place to relax when he needs to unwind.
I don't wonder what the solders, sailors and marines think about all of that time off for their Commander In-Chief. Most of them "live" at their jobs too, YUP and that's their JOB....and I'm sure the stress level is a bit higher than Mr.Bush's with bombs he started going off around you while you try to sleep.
So?

Want the president's job? Go for it.

Want to be a soldier , sailor...take orders and do YOUR job.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I don't wonder what the solders, sailors and marines think about all of that time off for their Commander In-Chief. Most of them "live" at their jobs too, YUP and that's their JOB....and I'm sure the stress level is a bit higher than Mr.Bush's with bombs he started going off around you while you try to sleep.
So?

Want the president's job? Go for it.

Want to be a soldier , sailor...take orders and do YOUR job.
So soldiers and sailors no longer have a right to even think about their lives? Nice.
Potus going on vacation gives a new meaning to all expense paid vacation.
Tax payers pay for the travel, the security and all the other details involved. I don't begrudge Obama's vacation time. I begrudge the mind set of any president like Obama or GWB who take it for granted.
Obama's last had a 20 vehicle caravan. All paid for by us.
As far as I am concerned as long as the tax payer, any tax payer is footing the bill we all have a right to question it. Yes even those who serve their country.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So soldiers and sailors no longer have a right to even think about their lives? Nice.
Potus going on vacation gives a new meaning to all expense paid vacation.
Tax payers pay for the travel, the security and all the other details involved. I don't begrudge Obama's vacation time. I begrudge the mind set of any president like Obama or GWB who take it for granted.
Obama's last had a 20 vehicle caravan. All paid for by us.
As far as I am concerned as long as the tax payer, any tax payer is footing the bill we all have a right to question it. Yes even those who serve their country.
"""So soldiers and sailors no longer have a right to even think about their lives? """

POINT OUT EXACTLY WHERE I SAID THAT .......NOW!

You can't, I didn't, which makes you a ......L....

Old 08-26-2010, 12:51 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,841,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It's ridiculous that some have the ability to save money and plan wisely to take vacations? You sound bitter and jealous......sorry things aren't working out for you. I hope that you are soon in a better financial picture and can get out there and see more of the world.
Do you think those that their only source of income is unemployment checks can save and take vacations?

Its call empathy for others and leading by example. Many of you all should try it. Tell us again how much democrats care about the middle class? Yet you all seem to unable to think about the middle class that is suffering. How about some compassion for others? Guess not huh

My financial picture is just fine. This isnt about me but while I am doing just fine during this recession. I'm not about to rub it in the faces of those suffering.

Do you think its cool to walk up to people in say unemployment lines and flash 100.00 bills and say sucker sorry your life stinks right now to bad so sad my life is great. Stinks to be you.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:56 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,841,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
You want me to stop spending money because others don't have enough to take a road trip or two? If it weren't for me and others like me, our barely limping along economy would come to a screeching halt. Take a minute and think about that.

I don't walk around bragging about my travel plans, but I'm certainly not going to feel guilty about them. My neighbor drives an $80k car. I suppose I could envy him, but to what end? He worked hard to afford his new toy. Good for him!

Good planning and ample savings.
No one is saying you have to stop spending money or that you should feel guilty about spending it but how about being a bit humble?

Do you think you should walk up to a poor person and say thank me dude without me the economy would be worse. You owe me.

The democrats are suppose to be the champion of the poor and middle class but you all dont seem to have any empathy for them or seem to have any compassion. Which leads me to believe more and more that democrats are only using the poor for votes.

What is the problem with thinking a leader should lead by example?

Being humble in my opinion is a wonderful trait to have. I have found that most people that have money dont have to flaunt it. Its those that dont really have it that have to brag about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies