Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 02:13 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is only true if you inherit an estate. If your father dies and leaves you a business as your inheritance....if you choose to accept the assets of the business you chose to accept the liabiilties as well. If you take the business over then all debt of the business become your debt as the new owner of the business. Is that over your head.
You're getting a little closer to the point. Just out of reach, though. The problem with this addition is the choice of whether or not to accept the business. In the case of the "racism" business, if a child of today's generation decided not to accept the business, are they still laden with its debts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 02:16 PM

183 posts, read 168,273 times
Quote:
Again....if anyone who wants to succeed can....then we would not be in this deep economic downturn where millions of people who used to work.....cannot find work that can replicate their previous "success". Obviusly this demonstrate that there are outside forces that can and does override individual will.

Liabilities are simply CONSQUENCES. The consquence or liability of a historical liar is that he or she will not be believed. Such a person then should not say....."Its a double standard that you believe this person and do not believe me"....because the past has placed a liability or expense on the reputation of the person. Those lies may have brought the person gains in the short run....but ruined the persons reputation and credibility in the long run. The same is true for white society.....its behavior in the past has carries consquences or liabilities in the present....that you claim not to understand.

I write what I write in response to fallacious argument that I hear made in other post. What inspired this post is whites claiming that there are "double standards".....as if history does not explain why some things are and should be treated differently.
The failure of the economy and those unemployeed have no regard to race. The ability to succeed is there for everyone, you are pulling my comment out of context.

Liabilities and consiquence are not the same. The only liabilities I have are my own. There are consiquences for me not taking care of my liabilities. But no one else should have to pay those consiquences. If I don't pay my car payment should they take my neighbors car?

What things do you think should be treated differently? And why?

Old 08-26-2010, 02:27 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny napalm View Post
The failure of the economy and those unemployeed have no regard to race. The ability to succeed is there for everyone, you are pulling my comment out of context.

Liabilities and consiquence are not the same. The only liabilities I have are my own. There are consiquences for me not taking care of my liabilities. But no one else should have to pay those consiquences. If I don't pay my car payment should they take my neighbors car?

What things do you think should be treated differently? And why?
Liabiilties are consequences.....they are the debits that are the offsets/consquences of credit. When one gets the benefits of something before paying its full cost....it creates liabilities. The cost of racial oppression produced many benefits.....and that is why it was done. The full cost was not realized when the acts were committed and hence those unpaid cost represents the current liabilities. Whether you accept it or not......you will pay the liabiliites.....if in nothing more than being seen as racist (not being given the benfit of the doubt). In other words, the reputation of whites is making payments for the past behavior of whites when they discriminated against others to bring them benefits. Now they have passed the cost onto you in terms of your reputation.......at the very least. You already realize that your reputation has suffered and is suffering and that is why whites are up in arms over being seen as "Racist". You cannot handle the debt that your forefathers left for you. Instead....you try to "flip" the script and make it seem like black folks have done the same thing to whites.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
You're getting a little closer to the point. Just out of reach, though. The problem with this addition is the choice of whether or not to accept the business. In the case of the "racism" business, if a child of today's generation decided not to accept the business, are they still laden with its debts?
The business is THE NATION and ownership comes via citizenship. Citizenship means you are granted rights and freedom without having to EARN them.....but they being given to you as a result of the sacrafices of others in the past. To deny ownership is to deny citizenship. To deny the debts means that one must deny the benefits...by turning in ones citizenship. How you do that I am not sure.....but I willl look it up if you are interested.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Liabiilties are consequences.....they are the debits that are the offsets/consquences of credit. When one gets the benefits of something before paying its full cost....it creates liabilities. The cost of racial oppression produced many benefits.....and that is why it was done. The full cost was not realized when the acts were committed and hence those unpaid cost represents the current liabilities. Whether you accept it or not......you will pay the liabiliites.....if in nothing more than being seen as racist (not being given the benfit of the doubt). In other words, the reputation of whites is making payments for the past behavior of whites when they discriminated against others to bring them benefits. Now they have passed the cost onto you in terms of your reputation.......at the very least. You already realize that your reputation has suffered and is suffering and that is why whites are up in arms over being seen as "Racist". You cannot handle the debt that your forefathers left for you. Instead....you try to "flip" the script and make it seem like black folks have done the same thing to whites.
You clearly have a racist mentality. My reputation like my liabilities are mine to own. You hold the key to prejudice by your own statements. You are obviously beyond the capacity to understand personal responsibility. I have no debt for this countries forefathers, or the generations before my own. How many times have you been ask If your grandfather killed a man, should you go to prison for it? You don't think the families of whomever he killed would be effected down the road? So should you pay the consequences of his actions?

ps. look up the definitions of liability and consequence.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:45 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
The business is THE NATION and ownership comes via citizenship. Citizenship means you are granted rights and freedom without having to EARN them.....but they being given to you as a result of the sacrafices of others in the past. To deny ownership is to deny citizenship. To deny the debts means that one must deny the benefits...by turning in ones citizenship. How you do that I am not sure.....but I willl look it up if you are interested.
So by purely being in this country and having a light skin tone, I should have some sort of debt, responsibility, consequence, or liability as a result of people not related to me. By purely being born into this country, my daughter will always have some sort of debt, responsibility, consequence, or liability towards black children her age.

And here I thought changing the discriminatory laws and pretty much vowing not to repeat history would be enough to end the circle of racism and discrimination. Guess I'm just asking too much of society.

But back to statements you made about deer being afraid of human... By chance are you implying that you have no cognitive reasoning abilities and must therefore rely solely on instincts?

Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny napalm View Post
You clearly have a racist mentality. My reputation like my liabilities are mine to own. You hold the key to prejudice by your own statements. You are obviously beyond the capacity to understand personal responsibility. I have no debt for this countries forefathers, or the generations before my own. How many times have you been ask If your grandfather killed a man, should you go to prison for it? You don't think the families of whomever he killed would be effected down the road? So should you pay the consequences of his actions?

ps. look up the definitions of liability and consequence.
Last things first....I know what the definations are....I am using them as metaphor and analogy....

First thing last....to argue you have no debts from the past is...once again....to argue you do not benefit from things that happened in the past....which is absurd. The benefits and the consequences/liabilities manifest in tandem. If one exists....the other exists. Its like life and death....one is the conquence of the other. If you get one...you will get the other.

We prejudge all the time. Prejudgement is is a survival mechanism. If a deer smells my scent and runs because hunters that have killed deer have the same scent.....is the deer being a bigot simply because it is trying to promote its survival by associating a scent with danger or threat? There is no "I am better than you or superior than you" connotations associated with such prejudgements. Its simply a judgement based upon defending onself. Its not like....."i bet he is lazy because he is white (because white peope are lazy)" or "I bet he is not smart because he is white (because whites are not known to be smart like others)....ect. Rather...its simply a means of trying to prevent what happened in the past....from happening again.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:06 PM

So by purely being in this country and having a light skin tone, I should have some sort of debt, responsibility, consequence, or liability as a result of people not related to me. By purely being born into this country, my daughter will always have some sort of debt, responsibility, consequence, or liability towards black children her age.

Is not the reverse true? Does not being born into this country give you certain rights and freedoms that other people created in the past from their sacrafices? Does not citizenship give you things that you do not have to personally EARN? The answer to that is YES and you cannot deny that truth. Thus....why is paying the nations debt for things you had nothing to do with any different?

And here I thought changing the discriminatory laws and pretty much vowing not to repeat history would be enough to end the circle of racism and discrimination. Guess I'm just asking too much of society.

Removing a bullet from the gut does not correct the damage or heal any possible infection that resulted. Based upon your logic.......if a person commits rape but stops on their own....they owe no debt to society and should not be jailed....because THEY STOPPED rapping the person, which offset what they STARTED.....but ignore the damage to the raped.

But back to statements you made about deer being afraid of human... By chance are you implying that you have no cognitive reasoning abilities and must therefore rely solely on instincts?

No...I am suggesting that HUMANS CANNOT READ MINDS. Cognitive reasoning does not allow one the ability to read minds......thus....past behavior is left to become the best predictor of current behavior.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:06 PM

Again your remarks are inherantly racist.....and yor are redirecting instead of answering the simpllest of questions.

If your grandfather murders someone, are you liable for that crime? Should you pay for the consequences to his family?

Last time I checked the differnce between the humans and deers is rationalization, which you are again failing to do.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:15 PM

[quote=johnny napalm;15637991]Again your remarks are inherantly racist.....and yor are redirecting instead of answering the simpllest of questions.

Racism is defined as POWER and beliefs of racial SUPREMACY. But I am sure you have your own working defintion.

If your grandfather murders someone, are you liable for that crime? Should you pay for the consequences to his family?

No...and I have not suggested that. This NATION CREATED LAWS, for centuries, legalized the opression of black people. Hence, this nation, not your grand father, has moral responsbiliites to reconcile and repair what it damaged.

Last time I checked the differnce between the humans and deers is rationalization, which you are again failing to do

Neither deer nor humans have the ability to read minds. The deer cannot read my mind and determine that I am not going to shoot him and a person cannot read a white person mind to know they are not racist. People are deceptive on purpose....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies