Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:01 PM

45,210 posts, read 26,424,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
how many billions of lead bullets do you think are lying around in the wilderness.. it's not an exaggeration.!!! lead is toxic proven fact.. do we have to reach like 5 trillion bullets in the wilderness to realize that lead will contaminate ground water supply, and then have to spend billions of dollars in the future to clean the mess up.

there's plenty of metals that can be used insted of lead..
Provide proof that random lead bullets are wreaking environmental havoc in rural areas (as your scenario suggests).

Until then, I'll keep your contributions on this thread in the circular file marked "hyperbole"

Where do you think lead comes from?

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 08-26-2010 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 04:01 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Please link to the specific text in the ninth ammendment that refers to lead bullets.
Ninth amendment states that all bill of rights are not an exhaustive list of rights, and the basis of our government is that our rights are granted by our creator, not by our government. Restriction of private property, especially one as benign as lead is illegal and no one in their right mind would obey such a law.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:11 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,519,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You folks..see it was never about banning guns.

It's been the ammo all along. First that "shortage" and now this.

This is one smart administration..they know the loopholes and backdoors.
Dirtiest politics I have ever witnessed in my life.
The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:42 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Provide proof that random lead bullets are wreaking environmental havoc in rural areas (as your scenario suggests).

Until then, I'll keep your contributions on this thread in the circular file marked "hyperbole"

lead is toxic fact.!!! does it matter whether it comes from bullets or other lead manufactured products, no it's still lead..

Ground-Water Contamination from Lead Shot at Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge, Sussex County, Delaware
proof that lead bullets contaminate ground water^^

how many bullets lying around in the wilderness will it take to pollute ground water??? it's called accumulation..

when will we wake up and look to the future, ohh wait 10 years is a long time now.. one must look further down the toxic road for future generations. 50 years?? 100?? years 200 years???

give me a break.!! whats the big deal in using another safer metal for freekin bullets

Last edited by cruxan; 08-26-2010 at 06:04 PM..

Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
it is what natural uranium decays into.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:17 PM

37,175 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Do what I did. Get a flintlock and a couple hundred pounds of tire weights. You can melt the weights down and mold your own pigs in a cast iron skillet for future use. Gunpowder can be easily made, and you are permanently in business. All you need is a piece of grease-soaked canvas for wadding.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:29 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,446,315 times
The Alaska Firearms Freedom Act of 2010 allows Alaskans to manufacture their own ammunition (and firearms) for sale and use only within Alaska. Thereby effectively by-passing all federal regulations or restrictions since they only pertain to interstate or international commerce and not wholly intrastate commerce. I know Montana, Wyoming, Texas, and Virginia have also enacted similar laws.

I expect that if this EPA backdoor attempt to violate the 2nd Amendment goes through, it will make it very profitable for Alaskans to manufacture and sell Alaskan ammunition for other Alaskans.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,311,641 times
What about wheel weights? I melt those down and pour into a mold to make bullets for my pistols.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 PM

45,210 posts, read 26,424,445 times
I went to get a glass of water from my kitchen tap and a .45 slug came out!

lead bullets really are a problem lol

Old 08-26-2010, 10:20 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The Alaska Firearms Freedom Act of 2010 allows Alaskans to manufacture their own ammunition (and firearms) for sale and use only within Alaska. Thereby effectively by-passing all federal regulations or restrictions since they only pertain to interstate or international commerce and not wholly intrastate commerce. I know Montana, Wyoming, Texas, and Virginia have also enacted similar laws.

I expect that if this EPA backdoor attempt to violate the 2nd Amendment goes through, it will make it very profitable for Alaskans to manufacture and sell Alaskan ammunition for other Alaskans.
Problem is the firearms freedom acts provide no protection against EPA regulations. They've yet to be tested against federal firearms laws.

BATFE has already sent letters to dealers in Montana saying they won't recognize the Montana law. Doubtful they'll recognize them in any other state.

Sadly the feds are going to do whatever they want to do unless the states stand up to them. It still remains to be seen whether or not that will happen.

The best thing we can do at this point is bring as much attention to this as possible while putting pressure on Congress and the EPA.

As long as the current administration remains in power we'll see this type of thing happening. Contrary to their claims they are anti-gun. Using bureaucrats to push their agenda results in less political damage for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies