Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:16 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Even Michelle Malkin says Coulter's routine is tired schtik. First time Michelle has ever gotten something right.
Armstrong Williams, the SuperConservative columnist, was on this evening's Hardball, and basically disowned Coulter -- said she doesn't represent the Right -- said she is isolated -- obviously wanted nothing to do with her after last night. This could be the beginning of the end for her -- maybe she could join Imus at his ranch...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 10:14 PM

467 posts, read 324,723 times
I just googled both of them and I found the following:

for a search "Ann Coulter 'ask me about my dead son'" - 62 references

for a search "Bill Maher 'I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live.'" and I got 204 results

So, with that simple display it appears that Maher got more attention for his comment - yes?

Old 06-27-2007, 10:19 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Coulter is one of the few commentators who alienates me. Of everyone on the political circuit, on both sides, I find her to be the worst.

If anything, her comments could be strategically used by the Democrats to help activate some of their base to get out and vote. I don't think she serves the Republicans well.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:22 PM

467 posts, read 324,723 times
THere are those that feel she is actually an agent of the left. I have heard that people close to her think she is just putting on an act to sell books, but then I wonder how anyone could pretend to be that hateful and not mean it.

I feel really sorry for her family. I can't imagine the feedback they get for her ranting. Most people are a clear reflection of their upbringing and if I spawned such a child - I'd be worried about what people thought of me and my parenting skills.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
I first saw her on Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect and I disliked her from the beginning...its not just her message but its the way she gets it out there...she is indeed a foul mouth as has been said...

I don't like the manipulation that occurs when someone (anyone from either side) uses the shock tactic to get my attention...I end up ignoring them because I feel they have something to hide when they use this approach, if simple logic isn't working for you then...something is wrong with your message !!

Old 06-27-2007, 10:44 PM

308 posts, read 711,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
I just googled both of them and I found the following:

for a search "Ann Coulter 'ask me about my dead son'" - 62 references

for a search "Bill Maher 'I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live.'" and I got 204 results

So, with that simple display it appears that Maher got more attention for his comment - yes?

I am not defending Ann Coulter, but am very critical of our media.

Since Ann's most recent controversy was repeating Bill Mahe's rhetoric I wanted to compare Bill Maher's coverage with Ann Coulter's similar comment:

For her most recent controversy I googled:

"ann coulter john edwards terrorist attack" and got 364,000 hits!

ann coulter john edwards terrorist attack - Google Search

Ann Coulter should be ashamed of herself for saying that about the Edward's dead child. Even if you disagree with them politically.

That disgusts me.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:48 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
I can't stand Ann Coulter.

Period.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:25 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Someone should muzzle Anne Coulter, frankly she is an embarassment...I have heard all I EVER need to hear from her...
And , we all tuned in , now didn't WE...... I think ANN C. is the BEST thing the Neo-Cons ever came up with, they keep feeding her, paying Her, and , in the privacy of their bunkers,..." right on Ann , your the best, slam those lefties, they deserve it". !! And Cris M., well , that moment was a set up from the start, I wouldn't be surprised, if Coulter new it was coming , thats why She agreed to be on the show ! Chris wins again , thats why they call it Hardball, phony as it really is. I keep watching anyway , its sort of like prof. wrestling.........

Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Oh, Chris Matthew's views are definately slanted left, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him evil!
I was thinking the same thing. No reason to be so hard on Chris.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:49 AM

626 posts, read 992,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Oh, Chris Matthew's views are definately slanted left, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him evil!
I take it that anyone who is not a right-wing extremist "slants to the left" according to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies