Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 09:20 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,625 times

Advertisements

Fact is... I'm not calling anyone. You're in my house at three am, obviously uninvited, and you don't get to me first, you're dead. Period. Then I call someone to come get the sh*t off my carpet.

I've said that many times since this recession began.

And that's the way it is. Things are not going to get better any time soon. If you think they are, you are heavily in denial and will be quite disappointed, come the next year or three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Quote:
"Who you gonna call at 3 am and funny noises in the house"
Well, it's like this.....I'll call the police, right?

Will they respond? Probably not. Why?

You think they'll respond to the Mayor's call at 3 AM?

Because the people running local governments are so wrapped up in the $500 million boondoggles building eye candy cultural crap nobody needs or wanted in the first place. And buying those $130 million Rembrandt pictures to hang in museums that only the elite can afford to get into.

And that's only one real reason they are 'laying off' cops, firefighters and teachers. Other reasons as are varied as the spectrum.

The powers that be are using 'layoffs' threats to stir union members to anger. It's used to panic taxpayers into accepting more taxes. It's bull.

City governments are rampant with corrupt officials that campaign on specific issues to get elected only to do as they damn well please with taxpayer money. The taxpayer is just another version of the 'trough' used in Washington to allow the elite elected to fill their agenda. Real issues be damned. Real problems put on the back burner. And now we see the electorate eyeing dope taxes to provide more cash to their coffers. Legalize marijuana simply because some use it for 'medicial' reasons.

Vote them out? Yeah, right. Been tried before. Voting doesn't work because the forces behind the corruption still exists, ready to go to work on the next elected official.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:38 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,176,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
So you are going to shoot someone if they commit fraud?
I don't think that someone will break into my house at 3:00 AM in order to cheat on their taxes. I'll get my gun and tell him "FREEZE, step back, slowly put that 1040 down....."

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
And then sue the police department!
EXACTLY!!! Libs blame Republicans for tax cuts that result in service cuts. But they support suing the .gov for anything that they don't like, costing the .gov lots of money, which result in service cuts. At least the Republicans put money back in my pocket.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
I don't think that someone will break into my house at 3:00 AM in order to cheat on their taxes. I'll get my gun and tell him "FREEZE, step back, slowly put that 1040 down....."

EXACTLY!!! Libs blame Republicans for tax cuts that result in service cuts. But they support suing the .gov for anything that they don't like, costing the .gov lots of money, which result in service cuts. At least the Republicans put money back in my pocket.
911 what is the nature of your emergency?
There is a tax cheat in my house changing my tax return.
click..
Great post. Trucker

Old 08-27-2010, 10:32 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Nope, looking at the article. I didn't realize that it was all about if you owned a gun or not.

You know, the reality is that if you dial with a cell phone for 911, the systems can't trace your phone call because most places don't have adequate funding to update the equipment. Often, the calls come from the road and people don't know where they are at. You don't want to pay those people anyway for the job(dispatch) that they do now. You don't want to pay for the officers. And when they are called everything is prioritized.

You would much rather pat yourselves on the back for getting up at 0300 and defending your property and talk about you are your law enforcement.
My city has some of if the best 911 dept around.
I can't pat myself on the back, I am disabled.
Stop trying to tell me what I do or think.

You were asked a question, and never answered,
we don't know what you'd do.

I like the police, but sometimes they are busy.
You can do what you want, while you are being
robbed or raped or shot at, while waiting on the
police. I am armed.

I think you live in a hypothetical world.
I live in the real world.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
One city in Ohio does not an argument make. Try again.
You're going to make this too easy....I could be here all day listing these, but how about the little town in California, where the Mayor was making $800K a year, twice the President.... and their Police Chief, and so and and so forth.

I got more if you need them, but you have google on your computer dontcha?

Old 08-27-2010, 10:41 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,661 times
Who are you going to call at 3 am.....in my home-- ME

Personal responsibility- you are the one responsible for your family, you do what you have to do. Calling he police is just to cover the paperwork, 30 seconds makes the difference of life or death of a loved one. If the government cannot afford to keep the police on payroll then average citizens are going to have to step up, that's the way it was when this coutry started, if a neighbor needs a hand -don't wait for the government, same with protection of your home.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:58 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,550,563 times
Default Who you gonna call at 3 am and funny noises in the house

First my husband, who is an expert in Wing Chung, if no reply, which might happen, our security guard... ty God we all can afford to pay for one....

Old 08-27-2010, 11:00 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
First my husband, who is an expert in Wing Chung, if no reply, which might happen, our security guard... ty God we all can afford to pay for one....
Wing Chung vs. a shotgun. Who will win?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:42 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
So you will take the law into your own hands? Not so different than those who own their own guns will. Or you will depend on a rent a cop to do it for you.
Fair enough and honest enough.
There are those who will cower in a closet. They will hope and pray that the police will arrive in time to save them. Some will succeed and some will become yet another statistic.
By the way I would trust wing chung over a gun I never practice with anyday. That gun is usless unless you take time to practice as often as possible. Which is why so many end up having said gun taken away from them and later used upon them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies