Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:26 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The Republican party and its followers are becoming more violent, anti-government and extremist, with each passing day. Right Wing radio and television personalities are spewing anti-government, pro-violence and hate propaganda to Right-Wing listeners, in attempts to move them toward taking matters into their own hands to "protect freedom and democracy". This was illustrated recently by the stabbing of a NYC cab driver by a Right-Wing fanatic.

Has the Republican party become a domestic threat to National Security?
The stabber is a NYU student that had traveled to pakistan do a film for his left wing school. He is pro-mosque , pro- muslim . He is a nutcase , not a right winger . You are a sad person to post away with no facts .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 11:49 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
The stabber is a NYU student that had traveled to pakistan do a film for his left wing school. He is pro-mosque , pro- muslim . He is a nutcase , not a right winger . You are a sad person to post away with no facts .
I never even discussed the attack against the Muslim cab driver in New York. We still don't know the full story of why he asked this man "Are you a Muslim" and then stabbed him. This one event also does nothing to disprove that Conservative groups haven't committed violent acts in the past or don't advocate using violence to achieve their goals.

Everything that I posted was factual. Timothy McVeigh was a card carrying Republican Conservative who was anti-tax and favored small government. Sound familiar to you Tea Party fans? Also The there are some extremely radical Conservative groups in the country that advocate violence against non-White, non-Christian Americans.

Keep sticking your head in the sand if you want to. That won't change the facts.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Better Yet: Has the Democratic party become a domestic threat to National Security?
Well, yeah!

In spades!

Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I never even discussed the attack against the Muslim cab driver in New York. We still don't know the full story of why he asked this man "Are you a Muslim" and then stabbed him. This one event also does nothing to disprove that Conservative groups haven't committed violent acts in the past or don't advocate using violence to achieve their goals.
And no one has been able to list any examples of conservative groups which support or advocate using violence.. What is this, your guilty unless you can prove otherwise?

Old 08-29-2010, 12:20 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:

Everything that I posted was factual. Timothy McVeigh was a card carrying Republican Conservative who was anti-tax and favored small government. Sound familiar to you Tea Party fans? Also The there are some extremely radical Conservative groups in the country that advocate violence against non-White, non-Christian Americans.

Keep sticking your head in the sand if you want to. That won't change the facts.
It's been pointed out repeatedly the groups you keep referencing are extremist groups that are not part of any mainstream political movement.

They may share some beliefs and attempt to align themselves with conservatives but their extremist beliefs make them repellant to the groups you continually demonize.

As far as McVeigh being a card carrying Republican how exactly would you propose any political party effectively screen people that choose to join? Anybody can join any party. McVeigh certainly made no headway within the party. He was just one of countless members. Anonymous until he acted out. His actions were neither supported nor justified by the party.

Do you honestly believe there are no radicals within the ranks of the Democrat party?

Old 08-29-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
It's been pointed out repeatedly the groups you keep referencing are extremist groups that are not part of any mainstream political movement.

They may share some beliefs and attempt to align themselves with conservatives but their extremist beliefs make them repellant to the groups you continually demonize.

As far as McVeigh being a card carrying Republican how exactly would you propose any political party effectively screen people that choose to join? Anybody can join any party. McVeigh certainly made no headway within the party. He was just one of countless members. Anonymous until he acted out. His actions were neither supported nor justified by the party.

Do you honestly believe there are no radicals within the ranks of the Democrat party?
My point is that Timotry McVeigh identified enough with the poltical philosophy of the Republican Party he CHOOSE to register to vote as a Republican. That meant on some level he agreed with the Republican Party and its stance on some issues.

Unless you know every member of the Republican Party you have no way of knowing how many people that identify as Conservatives or Republcians agreed with his actions.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:49 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
My point is that Timotry McVeigh identified enough with the poltical philosophy of the Republican Party he CHOOSE to register to vote as a Republican. That meant on some level he agreed with the Republican Party and its stance on some issues.

Unless you know every member of the Republican Party you have no way of knowing how many people that identify as Conservatives or Republcians agreed with his actions.
And the majority of the Weather Underground as well as numerous other violent left wing groups chose to register as Democrats.

Obviously they agreed with the Democrat Party and it's stance on some issues. No telling how many Democrats agreed with them.

Sorry, your reasoning that all should be damned as a result of the actions of a few doesn't hold water. If you truly believe that all political parties should be dissolved as there have been extremist actions by some of their members.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
And the majority of the Weather Underground as well as numerous other violent left wing groups chose to register as Democrats.

Obviously they agreed with the Democrat Party and it's stance on some issues. No telling how many Democrats agreed with them.

Sorry, your reasoning that all should be damned as a result of the actions of a few doesn't hold water. If you truly believe that all political parties should be dissolved as there have been extremist actions by some of their members.
Yes, there has been political extremism by groups such as the Weathermen that used violence to advance their cause.

However, in the current political climate there are far more Conservative extremist groups advocating violence than any other part of the political spectrum.

Where did you see me type anything that called for the dissolving of any political party? I've never advocated such a thing. The Republican Party will eventually implode upon itself if it continues on its current trajectory.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:00 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,923 times
Quote:

I was addressing the OP BTW .
Also he didn't say are you muslim then stab , he asked many questions , waited , then stabbed . A crazy man .

[LEFT]After his initial flurry of questions, Enright grew silent for several minutes before suddenly attacking the unsuspecting Sharif.

Read more: Muslim cab driver slashed by boozed-up bigot just back from filming Marines in Afghanistan: cops
[/LEFT]

Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independentsucka View Post

I remember kenneth star. like I said, all presidents are treated the same. I am right, you are mistaken.
That you claim to both remember Kenneth Starr and that all presidents are treated the same, proves that either you are willfully disingenuous about knowing who Kenneth Starr was, or you are grossly uneducated in fact, not to mention the concept that two contradictory things cannot be equivalent.

Tell you what, I'll give you a chance to prove you aren't being intentionally disingenuous. Please cite when and how George W. Bush was subjected to anything even remotely similar to what Ken Starr subjected Bill Clinton to during his presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies