Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Oh gee what ashame.... My heart just bleeds.

I was sent this and didn't wrote it, but i wish I did.
.................................................. .................................................. ................................
I copied this from a motorcycle site that I frequent. I like it.

If it is true that building a Mosque near Gound Zero is to promote tolerance then I propose to test that tolerance by announcing the opening of a gay nightclub next door to the mosque. I suggest two names for the club to fit with the neighbor---"The Turban Cowboy", and "You Mecca Me Hot". Either should be a good test of the tolerance of its next door members.

Later, I would announce a specialty butcher shop aptly named "The Hog-Wild World of Pork," to be located on the opposite side of the mosque. Hams, Chops, and Loins to be displayed in the windows.

Across the street, facing the mosque, there would be women's specialty store that only sells and displays thongs, bras, and other ladies lingerie worn by live models in the windows and entrance doors. The shop would have a full range of magazines to include Playboy, Hustler and others to serve the test.

This would not, mind you, and I mean would not, be a provocation. It would merely be a means to test the tolerance of those who are proposing the mosque as a tribute to their honest answers about the specific mosque location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 08:00 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

.................................................. .................................................. ................................

If it is true that building a Mosque near Gound Zero is to promote tolerance then I propose to test that tolerance by announcing the opening of a gay nightclub next door to the mosque. I suggest two names for the club to fit with the neighbor---"The Turban Cowboy", and "You Mecca Me Hot". Either should be a good test of the tolerance of its next door members.

Later, I would announce a specialty butcher shop aptly named "The Hog-Wild World of Pork," to be located on the opposite side of the mosque. Hams, Chops, and Loins to be displayed in the windows.

Across the street, facing the mosque, there would be women's specialty store that only sells and displays thongs, bras, and other ladies lingerie worn by live models in the windows and entrance doors. The shop would have a full range of magazines to include Playboy, Hustler and others to serve the test.

This would not, mind you, and I mean would not, be a provocation. It would merely be a means to test the tolerance of those who are proposing the mosque as a tribute to their honest answers about the specific mosque location.
How close is TENNESSEE to "Ground Zero"?

And what does your hateful rhetoric have to do with one of your fellow citizens committing an act of terrorism against a freely-practicing religious group right here in our own country?

Old 08-29-2010, 08:07 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
I wonder how long it will be before some of these ear-splitting shrieks of rage are directed toward harry reid and howard dean?

Old 08-29-2010, 08:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
No that is the kind of tolerance the left asks for and then their idea of what 0 tolerance is after they get what ever it is they want. There is Mosques enough and there need be NO MORE in the USA.

There are no suspects so you can't state who dunit either.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:34 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:

Actually that sounds just like a street in a FREE country should look. But since this is no longer a FREE country- and really has never been a FREE country, we would not know what FREEDOM actually looks like.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Can we call it a First Amendment issue now?

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson - CBS News

Let the lines form at the handwash basin and let the crying of "we never intended for anything like this to happen" begin. Which I'm sure is true, btw. - but it doesn't remove the responsibility. Not one single bit. Words have consequences.
The FACT is that the United States is changing. It is becoming a less white and more brown country. It is becoming less Christian and more "other" or "secular". It is becoming less English and more bi lingual. There are always folks that are unhappy with social and economic change. They will fight it until the bitter end but in the end, they always lose. Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity can rabble rouse all they want. It did not work for Robert E Lee, did not work for the Ku Klux Klan, did not work for the White Citizens Councils and will not work for them either. Change is in the air and it does not take a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
No that is the kind of tolerance the left asks for and then their idea of what 0 tolerance is after they get what ever it is they want. There is Mosques enough and there need be NO MORE in the USA.

There are no suspects so you can't state who dunit either.
If there were enough Mosque, they would not be building more of them. It is one of the fastest growing religions and one day Mosque will probably be as common as Catholic churches are here as they are in Europe now.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:51 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If there were enough Mosque, they would not be building more of them. It is one of the fastest growing religions and one day Mosque will probably be as common as Catholic churches are here as they are in Europe now.
Islamophobia Imported From Europe: An Ugly Trend Gets Uglier

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4385768.stm

http://www.cfr.org/publication/8218/...y_muslims.html

Golly KevK--I'm a bit surprised at this>>>
'The FACT is that the United States is changing. It is becoming a less white and more brown country. It is becoming less Christian and more "other" or "secular". It is becoming less English and more bi lingual. There are always folks that are unhappy with social and economic change. They will fight it until the bitter end but in the end, they always lose. Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity can rabble rouse all they want. It did not work for Robert E Lee, did not work for the Ku Klux Klan, did not work for the White Citizens Councils and will not work for them either. Change is in the air and it does not take a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing.'

I've read a number of your posts in the Atlanta forum --I live in NE ATL--more of a moderate Libertarian myself--many years of listening to Boortz--agree with him that we should all think for ourselves and all that. 2 sides to every issue or perhaps 3 or more these days.
Anyway I don't quite understand the comparison of Robert E.Lee, Ku Klux Klan, etc to the changes taking place at present.
I need to clear my head--contemplating Civil War/Civil Rights issues with First Amendment issues is beyond me tonight.

'Can't control the wind'--but do we really want to be blown away--'Gone With the Wind'?

Last edited by TakeAhike; 08-29-2010 at 09:17 PM..

Old 08-29-2010, 09:18 PM

I find myself feeling this way- I do NOT like the Muslim religion. Not at all. Not a bit. I don't have a lot of love for so-called "Christians" either. But as long as they OBEY our SECULAR laws, keep their religion the hell OUT of my government (same with Christian nutcases) and OUT of my schools, they can build their Mosque wherever they desire. That is their right as it is the right of all religions. It is private land and if they buy it to build a church, nobody should have a thing to say about it. It is nobody else's business.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:20 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I find myself feeling this way- I do NOT like the Muslim religion. Not at all. Not a bit. I don't have a lot of love for so-called "Christians" either. But as long as they OBEY our SECULAR laws, keep their religion the hell OUT of my government (same with Christian nutcases) and OUT of my schools, they can build their Mosque wherever they desire. That is their right as it is the right of all religions. It is private land and if they buy it to build a church, nobody should have a thing to say about it. It is nobody else's business.
I'm not so sure that separation of church and state is a priority.

It is something to ponder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies