Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I had to get a copy of my birth certificate when I enlisted in the Army so surely Obama could get a copy of his in order to be the CIC of the Army.
Wrong.

Different states, different times, different rules, different forms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well we will know for sure in 2012 becausee AZ has passed a law requiring people prove they are citizens to get on the ballot.
And Obama's COLB (the same one he released on-line) meets that requirement perfectly.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:40 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Anybody who believes that has not been paying attention.

1. With the single exception of Martin v. Lingle, none of the 71 Birther lawsuits would have ended even if Obama released his long form BC. All of them have multiple (and often contradictory) backup theories.

2. As early as a year ago, Birthers had already preemptively declared any long-form Obama might release to be a forgery. They had even invented a story that included the purchase in Canada of a 1950s vintage printing press, and the aging of the a fake document under UV light and humidity.

Obama voluntarily released more evidence for his eligibility than any other President or Presidential candidate in all of US History more than two years ago. Anybody who is still unsatisfied should simply not vote for him.
Many people who are suffering from buyers' remorse probably wouldn't vote for him today if they could take it back. Many of them thought he was really going to pay their rent and pay for their gasoline and he couldn't swing that.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Appears that Hawaii does provide BC that list the hosp and doctor that brought you into this world.

All Obama has to do is get his for whatever the cost is 20.00 whatever and provide it and put this to end. I dont see the problem in doing that

Why would anyone want their presidency tainted like this?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
He is not obligated to bend over every time a RWNJ says, "Cough."
We will all get to bend over on January 1, 2011 when all the new taxes go into effect. He promised they wouldn't happen but he, and only he, signed those 2500+ bills into law where we will find some really fine new taxes on all of us. He doesn't have to bend over but we all get to BOHICA because of his signing pens.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:46 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
I see that you don't think the Constitution of the United States is of any serious concern where the President is concerned. Is that what you said there?
Spoliation of evidence REQUIRES adverse inference.

Last edited by ergohead; 08-30-2010 at 10:56 AM..

Old 08-30-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Many people who are suffering from buyers' remorse probably wouldn't vote for him today if they could take it back. Many of them thought he was really going to pay their rent and pay for their gasoline and he couldn't swing that.
Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see in November 2012.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:49 AM

88,978 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Does anyone in this country even GET an "original" birth certificate anyway? My daughter was never given one for either of her 2 kids - all we're able to get (and pay for of course) is a "certified copy", so I really wonder if ANY future Presidential candidate can ever provide an "original" birth certificate.
Original? No. A certified (embossed stamp) copy that lists the hospital where the birth took place and the attending physician's name (not signature - it's an electronic record) along with the other usual BC details? Yes.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Bammer is the legal and rightful President. He was born in America and his mommy is an American by birth as well. good grief...

HOWEVER even though I agree with most of what Historian Dude is saying (i know that is a shocker), Bammer gets some of the credit for prolonging this silliness.

He has not argued the facts of any of the cases. He has only argued (and won) that no one has standing to bring the cases.

many who dont really understand the process looks at that and will say he is hiding something (which he is not)
I said long ago that he was born in Hawaii but I want to see what citizenship he listed when he enrolled in Occidental College. That would be very easy for them to dig up so he can prove the debilitating problem I see with him being in that position. If that thing says, Indonesian, as I think it might well because of a scholarship that was available, at the time, then he is ineligible. He could satisfy me so easily but he wants to keep us divided.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Appears that Hawaii does provide BC that list the hosp and doctor that brought you into this world.
Not anymore. Not for almost ten years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex
All Obama has to do is get his for whatever the cost is 20.00 whatever and provide it and put this to end. I dont see the problem in doing that
He already paid his 20 bucks. He got the COLB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies