Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 10:07 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Where's the emboss seal that has to be on it. I had to show my sons birth certificate not a copy and had to have the embossed seal, for drivers education. Does Hawaii not require the seal??
FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

Right here:

Follow the link and educate yourself. Intentionally remaining ignorant is probably some kind of sin. But I wouldn't know, I'm Jewish, so apparently I don't have a "Lord".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,152,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He could put an end to all of this by simply providing a vault copy of his bc. One signed by the doctor and list the hosp he was born

Not sure why he doesnt. I would but thats just me.

Personally I think every single person running to be president should have to provide a copy signed by the doc and list the hosp.I also think they should have to provide their credit report, you name it all of it.
That won't do anything, the right will still claim that it's "fake" and stolen from someone else

Old 08-30-2010, 10:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Oh geez another one who didn't bother listening to the interview...
Oh geez.........nothing worse, then a person who post just to be posting. You my sir need to listen to the video...he allows the interviewer to claim his Christianity. He stumbles around a little very wishy washy and then talks about the birth certificate, which was never brought up by the interviewer. He just threw it in.

I have never heard him once profess the name of Jesus. This is a first clue to question!!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:17 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

Right here:

Follow the link and educate yourself. Intentionally remaining ignorant is probably some kind of sin. But I wouldn't know, I'm Jewish, so apparently I don't have a "Lord".
And its on the original scanned version as well, You just have to really use the filters to get it to show up:

Obama’s COLB: SEALED! | Obama Conspiracy Theories

Old 08-30-2010, 11:03 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

I have never heard him once profess the name of Jesus. This is a first clue to question!!

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 1of 5

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 2of 5

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 3of 5

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 4of 5

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 5of 5

Full text of the speech

Small quote:
"And perhaps it was out of this intimate knowledge of hardship -- the grounding of faith in struggle -- that the church offered me a second insight, one that I think is important to emphasize today.

Faith doesn't mean that you don't have doubts.

You need to come to church in the first place precisely because you are first of this world, not apart from it. You need to embrace Christ precisely because you have sins to wash away - because you are human and need an ally in this difficult journey.

It was because of these newfound understandings that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ on 95th Street in the Southside of Chicago one day and affirm my Christian faith. It came about as a choice, and not an epiphany. I didn't fall out in church. The questions I had didn't magically disappear. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side, I felt that I heard God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth."
You REALLY need to watch and truly listen to that entire speech.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:18 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,503,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I don't understand how that statement is a poor reflection on his character. It sounded to me like an attempt to close the discussion and get back to more important matters.
He keeps bringing it up

He made the choice to seal the paperwork, Right ?

He came from nowhere and not to many people knew
about him, Right ?

Part of having good and respectable Character is to
honor the words you speak along with your actions

LIKE Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

LIKE Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

LIKE Obama's promise to end earmarks.

LIKE Obama's promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

LIKE Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

LIKE Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

LIKE Obama's promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

LIKE Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

LIKE Obama's promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

And worse of all to continue to blame Bush and the republicans, It's been his show for the past twenty months

Old 08-31-2010, 01:51 AM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
He keeps bringing it up
No. He keeps getting asked about it.

No. He did nothing and nothing was "sealed". I don't know where you get that kind of stuff.

about him, Right ?
No. Lot's of people know him and where he came from. Including college friends and teachers. Kind of like everyone.

OK

LIKE Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

LIKE Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

LIKE Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

LIKE Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

LIKE Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

I'll answer all these at once...campagne promises rarely mean anything. You should learn that now so you don't feel totally disillusioned when your candidate wins and promises are broken.

And worse of all to continue to blame Bush and the republicans, It's been his show for the past twenty months
There you go.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:23 AM

88,785 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes, but England requires that you reaffirm your citizenship by age 21. If not, you are no longer a citizen.
Doesn't matter. Obama is not a natural born citizen. (Hint: what age is one at birth?)

Quote:
YOU cannot ignore Wong Kim Ark and the more you continue to deny the ruling in that court decision the more you prove to everyone that you parrot the talking points of racists (who were the ones that CAME up with Vattel in the first place)
We've covered this ground already. The Supreme Court ruled him a citizen of the U.S., not a natural born citizen:
Quote:
The court ordered Wong Kim Ark to be discharged, upon the ground that he was a citizen of the United States. 1 Fed.Rep. 382.[169 U.S. 649 ]
Quote:
And there is nothing in the Constitution that says you can't be dual citizenship and still not qualify for Natural born status
It doesn't say you can. What you need to do is look into where the 'natural born citizen' concept came from - Vattel's Law of Nations as evidenced by Benjamin Franklin's letter to Dumas and the citations in the Congressional Record - to understand the intent of the natural born restriction. Otherwise, the Constitution's wording could simply have stated U.S. citizen as the requirement, which it does not.
Quote:
Vattel:
§ 212. Citizens and natives.
The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it. The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born. I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.
Quote:
(which has been affirmed over and over and over and over again, that all you have to be is BORN in the US - and you can't give up your citizenship unless YOU physically go to an embassy to do so ).
True, but moot point. Obama did not have to give up his alleged U.S. citizenship to also be a British citizen at birth by virtue of his British citizen father.

Quote:
A person born in the US can live in Germany all his life, and still be considered a citizen in the of the US.
Yes, a citizen, but not a natural born citizen unless both parents were also U.S. citizens

Quote:
Thomas Jefferson, who spent many years in France, became a French Citizen before he became President of the United States (he didn't give up his US Citizenship)

General Abridgement and Digest of American Law

Seems that the law and the Constitution didn't have a problem with that.
Why would that be? The answer is obvious.

Quote:
So we have a Dual citizenship President before Obama.
Jefferson meets the Constitutional requirement:
"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Obama does not.

Quote:
Chester A Arthur's father was not a citizen (he didn't become a citizen till after Chester was born) who was President
That was not known until after the fact. Obama's British citizen father was known before he was elected President.

Quote:
There were many other Presidents and VICE Presidents (who require to have the same qualifications as Presidents) who did not have citizen parents.
List them. We've been through this before in the other thread and many (all?) were debunked.

Quote:
Wrong about Vattel (his work never mentioned Natural born citizen in any shape or form till AFTER the Constitution was written, and after he was dead)
Where are you getting that from? I posted the original version (in French) that did indeed include Chapter 19 subsection 212.

Quote:
remember, these were people who were subjected to the tyranny of a monarchy and wanted to SEPARATE themselves from any reference to a monarchy.
Exactly. Hence, the forefathers' reliance on Vattel's Law of Nations, asevidenced by Benjamin Franklin's letter to Dumas. I'll refer you back to Chapter 19 subsection 212.
"The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens."

Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 AM

88,785 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
He keeps bringing it up

about him, Right ?

I'm still waiting for the 3,000% reduction in my insurance premiums Obama promised.

YouTube - Obama's Health Insurance Lie: 3,000%

Old 08-31-2010, 03:11 AM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Without seeing anything, why are people so utterly CONVINCED that he isn't a natural born citizen? If they won't accept that he IS because that proof is too scant ("not the original day-of-birth form with signatures and little foot prints") Why do they accept he ISN'T when there is absolutely NO proof of any sort?

Wishful thinking? Do you know there are actually people out there who think that if he is somehow proved to be ineligible to hold office that McCain/Palin will win by default like the second runner up in a beauty pageant? True story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies