Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 05:06 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

While police officers arrest pot dealers fairly frequently, Orem police officers heard a pretty unusual reason for the illegal activity during an arrest this weekend.

The 20-year-old man said he was dealing the drugs to save up for the police academy.

Man caught selling marijuana to pay for police academy | The Salt Lake Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 05:15 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
While police officers arrest pot dealers fairly frequently, Orem police officers heard a pretty unusual reason for the illegal activity during an arrest this weekend.

The 20-year-old man said he was dealing the drugs to save up for the police academy.

Man caught selling marijuana to pay for police academy | The Salt Lake Tribune
I have the feeling he is full of it. I disagree with his having a stolen firearm (although he's just charged, and it could be he didn't have proof of purchase which would be dropped in court with a sales record), and I disagree with the possession of a controlled substance (pills, again, if he simply didn't have his prescription or the pills had expired, they could charge him with this, details are important). But, with all of that said, no reason for Pot to be illegal.

I find it funny they don't even mention how much he had. It could have been as little as an ounce to be charged with "intention to sale".

When will people learn, to keep idiots from selling drugs, just legalize it so we can have inspection processes and legitimate sellers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies