Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Anything but urban myth to support that "cross hairs on OBL" statement?

You don't believe schit stinks do you? Especially when it involves one of your Liberal Masters?

Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities - Nightly News - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Did you forget that the Bush Admiinistration was told the greatest single threat to national securty was Al-Qaeda by the a senior national seciurity advisor for the Clinton Administraton and he was basically ignored?

Did you forget that President George W. Bush Jr. was in office charged with the responsibility of protecting the American people on the morning of 9/11/2001?

Again my question to you is not that you choose to blame President Obama for anything.

BUT WHY IS THERE NO ACCOUTABILITY OF THE MISSTEPS OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION?
You need some serious re-education on the subject. Since you seem to be averse to history books, here's a summary of how far off the mark you are.

washingtonpost.com: Broad Effort Launched After '98 Attacks

Old 08-31-2010, 12:10 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You don't believe schit stinks do you? Especially when it involves one of your Liberal Masters?

Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities - Nightly News - msnbc.com

You obviously believe in conveniently overlooking what doesn't suit your personal hatreds, things like:

We were not prepared to take the military action necessary,” said retired Gen. Wayne Downing “We should have had strike forces prepared to go in and react to this intelligence, certainly cruise missiles — either air- or sea-launched — very, very accurate, could have gone in and hit those targets,” Downing added.

An awful lot of coulda, shoulda wouldas there.

Hardly "in the crosshairs" as you have alleged.

Or the fact the order was to attempt a live capture.

So, all this intel and what? Did the threat go up in smoke on 01/20/2001 or did your pissant little cowboy find it more important to plot his own little vendetta, talk about defending your masters

Old 08-31-2010, 01:39 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
You need some serious re-education on the subject. Since you seem to be averse to history books, here's a summary of how far off the mark you are.

washingtonpost.com: Broad Effort Launched After '98 Attacks
Nothing that I said was inaccurate or off the mark. President George W. Bush Jr. was tasked with protecting the American people as President of the United States on 9/11/2001 he FAILED due to one of the most disgraceful intelligence failures in the history of the United State while he was President. This happened after he was specifically TOLD Al-Qaeda was the biggest threat to the national security of the United States of America.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
You obviously believe in conveniently overlooking what doesn't suit your personal hatreds, things like:

We were not prepared to take the military action necessary,” said retired Gen. Wayne Downing “We should have had strike forces prepared to go in and react to this intelligence, certainly cruise missiles — either air- or sea-launched — very, very accurate, could have gone in and hit those targets,” Downing added.

An awful lot of coulda, shoulda wouldas there.

Hardly "in the crosshairs" as you have alleged.

Or the fact the order was to attempt a live capture.

So, all this intel and what? Did the threat go up in smoke on 01/20/2001 or did your pissant little cowboy find it more important to plot his own little vendetta, talk about defending your masters
So you're of the position that Clinton simply didn't have a chance to take out OBL? Is that your stance? Come forth and tell us what you think. And then get off your ass and do some research. There are plenty of source material on the subject. Just because you can't decipher what you read doesn't mean I should supply every piece of evidence to support your inabilities.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
So you're of the position that Clinton simply didn't have a chance to take out OBL? Is that your stance? Come forth and tell us what you think. And then get off your ass and do some research. There are plenty of source material on the subject. Just because you can't decipher what you read doesn't mean I should supply every piece of evidence to support your inabilities.

I think I'll believe a General who says they were simply unprepared to take action before I'll believe your obvious biased account, taken from the source material you provided.

Now perhaps you'll explain to us IF OBL was such a known threat, WHY didn't the pissant little cowboy pay as much attention to him as he did to the non-threat Hussein?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I think I'll believe a General who says they were simply unprepared to take action before I'll believe your obvious biased account, taken from the source material you provided.

Now perhaps you'll explain to us IF OBL was such a known threat, WHY didn't the pissant little cowboy pay as much attention to him as he did to the non-threat Hussein?
Ah...just as I expected. Faced with the power of Google, you now know how impotent your response is. So what do you do? Try to turn the conversation into a Bush Blame Fest.

It's funny, and sad, at the same time how you're so quick to dismiss Clinton of his culpability during 8 years, but so quick to paint GWB as the failure after 8 months in office.

I'm embarrassed for you. I really am. It takes one hell of a shallow person to come to the conclusions that you do.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:13 PM

720 posts, read 690,947 times
My heart goes out to the family and loved ones of the fallen. Soldiers, you will never be forgotten!

Old 08-31-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Ah...just as I expected. Faced with the power of Google, you now know how impotent your response is. So what do you do? Try to turn the conversation into a Bush Blame Fest.

It's funny, and sad, at the same time how you're so quick to dismiss Clinton of his culpability during 8 years, but so quick to paint GWB as the failure after 8 months in office.

I'm embarrassed for you. I really am. It takes one hell of a shallow person to come to the conclusions that you do.

BULL! Despite your allegation OBL was "in the crosshairs", the only information you've provided is there was a "tall man" spotted in the area. The shallow person here is you with your baseless allegations and one-sided view of a multi-sided issue. But don't worry, I'm not embarassed for you, it's what I expect from someone wearing blinders.

Try supplying facts rather than speculation. I know you're stuck for an answer about what your little pissant cowboy did, you can whine all you want, doesn't change the fact he fiddled while OBL played.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:19 PM

720 posts, read 690,947 times
You know, while you guys are bickering about who is right or wrong, there are families of the fallen out there grieving..Maybe have some compassion and at least address that while you bicker like children!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies