Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'm sure you have a legitimate reason in your mind for hating on Christians. I get it. You referred to pedophiles, and abortionist killers...I realize that not everyone that calls themselves "Christian" is not a nice person. But it's not correct to judge all of us by one nut job.
Hate, nah, not worth the energy.
I love to point out their hypocrisy, though.
It's fair game.
You said that christers are pretty perfect, you denied that they can be criminals. I pointed out some christer crimes. Are you saying that no christer commits crimes? That's a joke.

Trust me, it's more than one nut job. You've got a lot of them.
How about the Phelps clan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Hate, nah, not worth the energy.
I love to point out their hypocrisy, though.
It's fair game.
You said that christers are pretty perfect, you denied that they can be criminals. I pointed out some christer crimes. Are you saying that no christer commits crimes? That's a joke.
We do stupid stuff. I won't deny that. For the most part though, we don't kill people and we don't abuse kids.

If you have a guy that makes a habit out of doing that type of stuff, he's not a Christian. He might be a church-goer, and might be a religious guy, but he doesn't know Christ. It's that simple.

Was the abortionist killer a Christian? I would say it's highly unlikely.
Quote:

Trust me, it's more than one nut job. You've got a lot of them.
How about the Phelps clan?
I think the phelps clan are a bunch of people that are using religion. Why? I have no idea. I know they've made some cash on lawsuits. Maybe daddy phelps likes the power trip. That's usually one of the indicators of a cult--the patriarch gets money, power, and women.

I think they're religious, but I have seen nothing to indicate they're Christians. They certainly don't act like Christians.

I think you are confusing Christianity with anything that remotely has the word "Christian" or "Church" in it. Yes, there are some wacko cultish groups that call themselves Christian...but don't associate me with them--we're not the same.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
There are enough unemployed people in Italy that some, despite the Italian welfare state being larger than America's, would convert to Islam if paid to do so.

Kadafi if he tried paying people to convert to Islam in America would find a much larger number of sudden "converts". In fact, he'd probably go broke from how many people who'd line up to convert to Islam for the money.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
We do stupid stuff. I won't deny that. For the most part though, we don't kill people and we don't abuse kids.
I beg to differ. Look at the child abuse stats in the US. Most citizens are christers, are you saying that they don't abuse kids?

National Child Abuse Statistics | Childhelp
Child Abuse Statistics
Although the incidence of child abuse and neglect has been decreasing in recent years, more than 1.25 million, or 1 in every 58 children in the United States, were abused in 2006.
Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities: Statistics and Interventions

If you have a guy that makes a habit out of doing that type of stuff, he's not a Christian. He might be a church-goer, and might be a religious guy, but he doesn't know Christ. It's that simple.

Was the abortionist killer a Christian? I would say it's highly unlikely.
The Religion of Scott Roeder « Per Christum Catholic Blog
Abortion doctor's killer not repentant - Washington Times
Roeder argued he had chosen to obey "God's law" to save babies.

"I did kill him. It was not a murder," Roeder said. "If you were to obey the higher power of God himself, you would acquit me."

I think the phelps clan are a bunch of people that are using religion. Why? I have no idea. I know they've made some cash on lawsuits. Maybe daddy phelps likes the power trip. That's usually one of the indicators of a cult--the patriarch gets money, power, and women.

I think they're religious, but I have seen nothing to indicate they're Christians. They certainly don't act like Christians.
You don't get to choose who is and who is not a christer, any more than another one can tell you that you're not. I thought that kind of judgment was up to your god thingie.

I think you are confusing Christianity with anything that remotely has the word "Christian" or "Church" in it. Yes, there are some wacko cultish groups that call themselves Christian...but don't associate me with them--we're not the same.
I'm not confusing christers with anything.
You self-identify.
Are you the arbiter of what is and isn't christer-like? Do you get to judge?
I don't want you to preach to me; keep your beliefs to yourself and off of my body and out of my laws.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:53 PM

BTW, I'm off to Italy for a week so I'll let you know how many people are converting.
I'm sure this will be the number one discussion point in the campgrounds I'll be staying at.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:54 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
BTW, I'm off to Italy for a week so I'll let you know how many people are converting.
I'm sure this will be the number one discussion point in the campgrounds I'll be staying at.
I doubt that many are. This is merely a publicity stunt on Kadafi's part. I sense those women are being paid for more than merely "publicly converting to Islam"

Old 08-31-2010, 04:53 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
I beg to differ. Look at the child abuse stats in the US. Most citizens are christers, are you saying that they don't abuse kids?

You mean Christian?

Most people may identify with the religion, but know very little about it other than they attend once or twice a year. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of them are closer to be atheisters than anything else.
Quote:
The Religion of Scott Roeder « Per Christum Catholic Blog
Abortion doctor's killer not repentant - Washington Times
Roeder argued he had chosen to obey "God's law" to save babies.

"I did kill him. It was not a murder," Roeder said. "If you were to obey the higher power of God himself, you would acquit me."

All that really tells me is that you really have no clue what a Christian actually is. Ok...a religious nut job killed someone.

Quote:

You don't get to choose who is and who is not a christer, any more than another one can tell you that you're not. I thought that kind of judgment was up to your god thingie.
And you do? You get to choose who is a Christian and who isn't?

Quote:

I'm not confusing christers with anything.
You self-identify.

Are you the arbiter of what is and isn't christer-like? Do you get to judge?
are you ? You seem to be able to judge who is and isn't a Christian. Do you even know what a Christian is?
Quote:
I don't want you to preach to me; keep your beliefs to yourself and off of my body and out of my laws.

So you can spout off whenever you want but you can't stand to take it? That's telling.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
I don't know about women but some men might consider converting
since they'll be promised the 72 virgins awaiting them in heaven.
Islam is such a bizarre religion it's not even funny.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:35 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Christians want religious folks to have the right to "preach to the lost"...they just don't like the competition. I don't like any of them. See how this works?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Hey, meet me in Florence.

I'll have the blue bike with curved fenders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies