Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 05:29 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I could not agree more. It is disgusting what we perpetrated in the name of, well, I don't know what. I wish Obama was free to say what he really thinks about this Country having done that. But, we did do that, and honoring those we sent is extremely important, honoring those that sent them, would be ridiculous.
Didn't the "Idiot in Chief" just triple our troop levels in Afghanistan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 05:37 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
George Bush claiming success for the surge in Iraq would be equivalent to an arsonist claiming success for using a fire extinguisher instead of water to put out his fire.

Also, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. You may not like Obama or his policies, but if you think that the 51% of voters who voted for him are going to vote for a Caribou Barbie backed candidate, then you are in for a rude awakening
And is approval ratings are now what? 40%

He started at 70% right?

50% of those 51% would gladly take back their vote in a NY minute.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The absolute only people that should get honorable credit for anything to do with Iraq, are the people this Country sent there to fight and die, and their families. Everybody else should get dishonorable credit for having asked them to do it.
So now you are for the troops all of a sudden?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:44 AM

Obama said God several times. It is a wonder the left wingers allowed him to do so.

All of a sudden it is now ok for him to mention God without someone attacking him.

But we all know he hates the word and even wants it taken off everything.

Poor left wingers, totally mixed up now that their failure boy is saying the word God. I know, kool-aiders have now become friends of religion and the religion of no-peace.

Wonder who/which Obama was speaking to?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So now you are for the troops all of a sudden?
I have always been supportive of our military. I have never been supportive of using them inappropriately. The Iraq War, was inappropriate. The enemy was, and is, in Afghanistan. I do not think it is appropriate to try to force our ideologies on another nation. What should be done, is take out the terrorists, wherever they are, and keep doing that until there are no more terrorists. We should not be Nation building, we should be defending ourselves.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Didn't the "Idiot in Chief" just triple our troop levels in Afghanistan?
We should not be trying to build Afghanistan in our image. We took out the terrorists and the Taliban protectors, quite early in that War. We should not have changed direction, we should be surgically removing them still.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
And your "liar in chief" said that an $800 BILLION DOLLAR stimulus bill would keep unemployment under 8%...how's that working out?

BTW...I was watching the liberal spin on Obama's voting against the troop surge, stating over and over again to anyone that would listen, that a troop surge would not work. He even voted against funding it.

Now they say that he was for the surge all along.

"hypocracy" may as well be his middle name.

Isn't he ready for another vacation? He's worked hard for the last two days.
I don't see what YOUR post had to do with the one of mine that you quoted????

But I'll post it again because after reading almost the entire thread , it still holds TRUE!:

"""
Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
Yes, Obama can take credit for partially ending the war in Iraq....it's not totally over just yet.

Bush's right hand man , the slimey Rumsfeld , said the war in Iraq would be a "three week cake walk"....HOW LONG AGO WAS THAT?

Rather sickening in here that RIGHTIES seem almost angry that Obama has stopped major combat...THEY LOVE SEEING OUR TROOPS MAIMED AND KILLED...that is the ONLY explanation."""

Old 09-01-2010, 06:18 AM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
When he speaks, I don't listen....Simple as that..He hasn't said anything worthy of my attention.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:24 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
typical Obama rhetoric.

Were gonna do this and this and this.

Then there's, of course, the "I'm against the surge unless it succeeds, then I'll take credit."

what a joke, is it November yet?

Old 09-01-2010, 06:24 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
The best part is the 'MISGUIDED' devout followers that
buy into his self-serving speeches, agenda-setting failures,
record-setting number of records during his first year in office. Largest budget ever. Largest deficit ever and a administration with it's self-imposed crisis that's way to fast to write out a check
Actually, Obama and Congress haven't been able to put a balanced budget together. They are just running about spending with a blank check and an open line of credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies