Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Although it is against the TOS to talk about other posters...

I think that we should be very concerned about ROB. His obsession for Glenn Beck is as monumental as the Washington Monument and I'm concerned that if Beck mimics Jim Jones and establishes a Becktown, ROB will obediently follow him.
Very possible since his stories today happen to be pointing out all the Americans ?? who really like Hugo Chavez. That would include Obama, wouldn't it.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 05:39 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,190 times
Here's a poser.....

If Saddam Hussein were still alive and in power in Iraq, still murdering his citizenry and rattling his sabre claiming he was gonna nuke The Great Satan.

Would Obama merely have shaken his hand and given him the kissy cheek?

OR

Would Obama just bow to him?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:45 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,482,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Here's a poser.....

If Saddam Hussein were still alive and in power in Iraq, still murdering his citizenry and rattling his sabre claiming he was gonna nuke The Great Satan.

Would Obama merely have shaken his hand and given him the kissy cheek?

OR

Would Obama just bow to him?
None of us will be around to know the end of the story.

Difficult decisions have been made by leaders throughout history.

I truly wonder what he will do if North Korea, for example, decides to 'Do Something'. Not to mention at least 1,000 other decisions that may be necessary.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...EjA3gD9HV301G1

NKorea forges trade docs to dodge sanction: report
By KWANG-TAE KIM (AP) – 12 hours ago

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea has changed the names of its trading companies and falsified trade documents to avoid international sanctions and continue exporting weapons, a news report and an intelligence official said Wednesday.

The U.N. Security Council slapped tough sanctions on North Korea last year over its launch of a long-range rocket and a subsequent nuclear test, including the blacklisting of some North Korean companies suspected of involvement in weapons exports.

Since then, North Korea has changed the names of two of the companies — Korea Mining Development Trading Corp. and Korea Tangun Trading Corp. — to Gapmun Tosong and Jasongdang Trade, the Dong-a Ilbo newspaper reported, citing South Korean and U.S. intelligence officials.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I'm sure we missed a few "let me be clear" and a lot of stuttering!
No. He was being told what to say by the all knowing teleprompter. He only stutters and stammers when he's off the 'prompter and asked a tough question, like "who's your favorite White Sox player?" Uh, um, uh, ah, well I grew up an Oakland A's fan.

Good answer genius.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Before you post nonsense like this please check your FACTS! I know you Libs. have a hard time with that!

It's official: 2001 recession only lasted eight months
Posted 7/17/2003 8:54 AM

WASHINGTON (AP) — The committee that puts official dates on U.S. economic expansions and contractions said Thursday that the economy pulled out of recession in November 2001 and since then has been in a recovery phase.

USATODAY.com - It's official: 2001 recession only lasted eight months
"The committee" has not been to Colorado.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,983 times
An observation: The American-trained and supplied Iraqi Armed Forces numbers over 600,000 and Iraq will be getting a squadron of F-16s (some of the best aircraft Iraq has ever had). I think this force is plenty strong enough to keep domestic tranquility and if it can't speaks volumes about the incompetence of the United States military. A level of incompetence that borders on dereliction of duty. Also the Washington Post (todays edition) printed a graph of the level of violence by various incidents (IEDs, sniper fire, burning of Mosques ex. The current rate of violence in Iraq has declined to 1/20 of its peak in 2007 and has remained at this level for two years since it reached this level in 2008. As far as I'm concerned the fire is out and our guys can come home.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Yesterday President Obama announced the end of the Iraq War. It was like watching the final episode of a long-running TV program… only this is a show nobody liked or asked for. And by the end, nobody was watching. Thank God that Obama finally cancelled it. Frankly I can’t even believe anybody produced it in the first place.

On March 20, 2003, when Bush launched the war, Barack Obama was just a state senator in Illinois. Wow. The war took longer to fight than it took for Barack Obama to fight his way from obscurity to become the President of the United States. I wonder how Bush would have reacted if somebody told him when he invaded Iraq that this war wouldn’t be over until a black man was President of the United States. Well, if they told him in a memo, Bush simply wouldn’t have read it.

And Republicans yesterday were criticizing President Obama over Iraq! I guess he just can’t clean up Republicans’ messes the way they want him to. That’s par for the course, really—a bunch of rich white guys are yelling at a black guy for not cleaning up to their satisfaction....

Randi Rhodes

Old 09-01-2010, 11:26 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well, actually only to those who are the "Beck"ford sheeple

According to the polls, there must be a whole lot of them then...lol.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:30 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
1) We have a great president. He is somewhat handicapped because he has to work with a version of the republican party that is the most incompetent, small-minded group of individuals in recent memory. Even still, this dignified, versatile, brilliant, articulate, educated, intelligent president is getting it done. As promised, he just ended that crap that was the Bush/Republican Iraqi war effort. Progress and CHANGE!

2) Pubs are still wrong about everything. Still chasing their tails, making a fool of themselves with their bogus, feeble narratives. Criticism of this man says more about YOU and nothing about this great president.

President Obama. He's our president until 2016...and don't you forget it, Pubs!

He is "working with" a majority in both the house and the senate, so how do the "Pubs" cause him any issues? You do understand how all that majority thing goes, right?

Also, you also must not understand that this strategy in Iraq was planned and put in place while Bush was still in office. Obama had little to nothing to do with it. Jeez, read a paper sometime.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:04 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And Republicans yesterday were criticizing President Obama over Iraq! I guess he just can’t clean up Republicans’ messes the way they want him to. That’s par for the course, really—a bunch of rich white guys are yelling at a black guy for not cleaning up to their satisfaction....
That's a hoot.

Bush selects General Prateaus who implements "the Surge" and Obama says it wouldn't work and the media does nothing but criticize and MoveOn.org refers to the general as General Betrayus.

Now that Obama has chosen General Prateaus to lead a new "Surge" in Afghanistan, the media only tells us how brilliant Obama is and MoveOn.org suddenly goes through its website removing references to "General Betrayus."

YouTube - Andrew Klavan: Obama's Beach Blanket Recovery: It's Happy, Snappy & Incredibly Crappy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies