Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:03 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times

Advertisements

It's a shame decisively confronting this issue couldn't have been included in the thread entitled 'Accomplishments'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Is this an illegal immigration issue? A UN report concluded that drug trafficking constitutes 1% of all global GDP (over $300 billion). There have been reports of drugs coming in from Africa to Spain to the Americas. Drug cartels are structurally more akin to terrorist organizations (multinational). I personally don't believe that stopping illegal immigration even at a level of 100% will stop drug cartels in this nation. Again, simply due to the nature of cartels and the vast amount of money at stake.
Exactly, most illegal immigraton workers are doing agricultural, construction work, or other manual labor.

People need to separate illegal immigration from drug trafficing. However both problems are issues of BORDER SECURITY!

Old 09-03-2010, 08:33 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Exactly, most illegal immigraton workers are doing agricultural, construction work, or other manual labor.

People need to separate illegal immigration from drug trafficing. However both problems are issues of BORDER SECURITY!
You got it!

The key to immigration is to force the employers to pay a living wage and hire Americans, lock them up for hiring illegals.
Drug Traffic is where thecrime is. Border Patrol brings tons in yet the demand is still great

Old 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The cartels control the entire border and have for some time. It's the cartels getting millions of people across the border without any problem, the cartels decide who and what and how much of crosses over the border.

The government only partly controls the official ports of entry but even there, the cartels easily get truckloads of drugs over without having to try and the cartels issues and sells whatever kinds of documents anyone wants to cross over "legally", and the cartels control the visa selling at the USA Consulates.
Which border, the one I live on is gettting tighter by the day, enforcement has doubled in the last year

Old 09-03-2010, 03:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
"Drug Cartels have control of parts of AZ"

Judging from the Governor's debate and press conference, McCain's unmavericking the maverick, I would say that it has to be true.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:05 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I know you don't need facts, but this story was debunked months ago.
If you choose to follow what the Reverend Sun yung Moon tells you is truth, that's your problem.
There are signs near prisons that say do not pick up hitchhikers, that doesn't mean that the prison has been taken over by the inmates
I spend enough time in the desert and I know what I see
I also know why the signs were placed, in fact I knew before
they went up

I have every Border Patrol sector and Sheriffs office numbers in my phone and usually call them before I go
into an area then call them when I see something or someone that does not belong

Just some of the stuff I run across

Stolen Truck

Expired Papers

I CHOOSE to follow NOBODY and I have no problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies