U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2010, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
Reputation: 5685

Advertisements

Signs in Arizona warn of smuggler dangers - Washington Times

If we wait long enough, they will be taking over Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2010, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Signs in Arizona warn of smuggler dangers - Washington Times

If we wait long enough, they will be taking over Phoenix.
Not only Phoenix, but NYC, Chicago, LA, Philly, DC, Baltimore, Atlanta, and countless others. They already have a stronghold in most of our major cities. Why this isnít considered terrorism, is beyond me.

Soon, they wonít be able to squelch these stories, because dismembered bodies will line our streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,583,774 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
He said he asked the Obama administration for 3,000 National Guard soldiers to patrol the border, but what he got were 15 signs.
When a nation is being overtaken, Washington sends 15 signs. Wonder what this country will be like in 5, 10, 15 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22158
The cartels control the entire border and have for some time. It's the cartels getting millions of people across the border without any problem, the cartels decide who and what and how much of crosses over the border.

The government only partly controls the official ports of entry but even there, the cartels easily get truckloads of drugs over without having to try and the cartels issues and sells whatever kinds of documents anyone wants to cross over "legally", and the cartels control the visa selling at the USA Consulates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,717,419 times
Reputation: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The cartels control the entire border and have for some time. It's the cartels getting millions of people across the border without any problem, the cartels decide who and what and how much of crosses over the border.

The government only partly controls the official ports of entry but even there, the cartels easily get truckloads of drugs over without having to try and the cartels issues and sells whatever kinds of documents anyone wants to cross over "legally", and the cartels control the visa selling at the USA Consulates.
We can thank the incompetent congress for this. DO NOT VOTE FOR ANY INCUMBENTS!!!! NOT EVEN IF YOU THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN THEIR CHALLENGERS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,465 posts, read 7,558,069 times
Reputation: 12140
The feds are far too busy suing Sheriff Arpaio and the state of Arizona for trying to protect itself to concern themselves with anything as trite as mexican drug cartels that are taking over the borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 06:44 PM
 
344 posts, read 153,040 times
Reputation: 46
Is this an illegal immigration issue? A UN report concluded that drug trafficking constitutes 1% of all global GDP (over $300 billion). There have been reports of drugs coming in from Africa to Spain to the Americas. Drug cartels are structurally more akin to terrorist organizations (multinational). I personally don't believe that stopping illegal immigration even at a level of 100% will stop drug cartels in this nation. Again, simply due to the nature of cartels and the vast amount of money at stake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Is this an illegal immigration issue? A UN report concluded that drug trafficking constitutes 1% of all global GDP (over $300 billion). There have been reports of drugs coming in from Africa to Spain to the Americas. Drug cartels are structurally more akin to terrorist organizations (multinational). I personally don't believe that stopping illegal immigration even at a level of 100% will stop drug cartels in this nation. Again, simply due to the nature of cartels and the vast amount of money at stake.
Yes, it is an illegal immigration issue. Unless the members of the drug cartels are entering this country with legal visas, their mere presence is unlawful, just as other illegal aliens. While some illegals enter this country to work, others are here to rape, murder, sell drugs, and sundry other miscreant behaviors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 09:11 PM
 
344 posts, read 153,040 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, it is an illegal immigration issue. Unless the members of the drug cartels are entering this country with legal visas, their mere presence is unlawful, just as other illegal aliens. While some illegals enter this country to work, others are here to rape, murder, sell drugs, and sundry other miscreant behaviors.
That's the unknown. It is entirely possible, and actually more probable, that there are legal members of drug cartels. It's a multi-billion dollar business that spans continents. The operations are MUCH more complex than what is illustrated on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2010, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
That's the unknown. It is entirely possible, and actually more probable, that there are legal members of drug cartels. It's a multi-billion dollar business that spans continents. The operations are MUCH more complex than what is illustrated on this board.
The drug kingpins may have visas, but their drug mules donít.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top