Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

They just cant stand the fact that the truth of the matter is, judging Beck by most of his supporters, paints Beck in a good light. They cant stand that nearly half a million people were there and it was entirely peaceful.

Uh huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 03:03 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I don't know what happened at the rally, I'm talking about Glenn Beck. The man is a racist, just because I cannot speak to a specific example of him making racist comments, the facts are he has long gone after minorities with his usual race baiting gestures and commentary, and having his little rally on the anniv.. of King's speech was not an oversight, nor was it a tribute to civil rights, especially those of minorities.

His comments on both ACORN and Pres. Obama should help you to understand where I'm coming from.
ACORN is a criminal organization. Obama is a public figure and therefore open to criticism. Why weren't people on the left outraged at Beck when he was on CNN disparaging George Bush?

There is no evidence at all that Beck is racist. None. You all on the left say everyone is racist, greedy, hateful, dangerous etc...What a sad pathetic little view of the world you all have.

And who gives a flying **** that this rally was on the anniversary of the "I have a Dream" speech. This is more nonsense from the left. 8/28 is not some kind of holiday. I bet 99.9% of Amercans could not have told you the date of that speech. You all like it is some kind of sacred day or something. It may or may not have been coincidence. But you all act like people know when that speech was. LOLs. It's all race baiting from the left. Using King like that.

Seems to me democrats should start acting like they are in charge of the government, since they are. All this blaming George Bush and calling everyone a racist and hateful that doesn't agree with the liberal outlook on life is pretty ridiculous. No one buys it either. Except the people saying it. Democrats must be the childish bunch of people I ever met.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:46 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Pathetic.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:05 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
I don't know what happened at the rally, I'm talking about Glenn Beck. The man is a racist, just because I cannot speak to a specific example of him making racist comments, the facts are he has long gone after minorities with his usual race baiting gestures and commentary, and having his little rally on the anniv.. of King's speech was not an oversight, nor was it a tribute to civil rights, especially those of minorities.

His comments on both ACORN and Pres. Obama should help you to understand where I'm coming from.
So a group, yes a group of people giving the green light (and offered advice on how to best run an under-aged illegal teenage prostitution ring) to a hooker and a pimp doesn't deserve to be commented on, let alone reported to the authorities?

You call it "race baiting"?

What is wrong with you?

Old 09-02-2010, 05:09 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
The trash issue shows a major mindset between conservatives and liberals.

Conservatives take responsibility for their own actions.

Liberals look to the government to clean up after them.

This difference in philosophy is the reason that we live in an entitlement society.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:27 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
The sad and tragic part is Billy Bob and Betty Sue can't afford cable so they watch Glenn Beck and FOX, and Billy Bob goes to work for $8.00 an hour.

And are proud to be poor, working in some retail job or some sweatshop, listening to charlatans like Glenn Beck, and mindlessly supporting the corporatist line.

"By attributing more earnings to countries with lower tax rates, including the Netherlands and Singapore, “Delta” cut its worldwide average tax rate to less than half the 35 percent rate in the U.S., said the report by the Joint Committee on Taxation, presented yesterday."

Tax `Shenanigans' Turn U.S. Sales to Foreign Income With Billions Offshore - Bloomberg

"To reduce overall foreign taxes and reduce U.S. taxes, corporate tax planners try to move as much of their real business operations as possible to low-tax countries. People on the business side may have different objectives. For the most part, they want to locate selling activities close to their markets and manufacturing activities where labor costs are low."

taxanalysts.com: Featured Articles -- International Tax Planning: A Guide for Journalists

"That transaction is at the heart of transfer pricing: With each tablet Forest buys from the Irish unit, it shifts profits to Ireland, where corporate income is taxed at rates between 10 percent and 12.5 percent, compared with 35 percent in the U.S."

Companies Dodge $60 Billion in Taxes Even Tea Party Condemns - BusinessWeek

Democrats have controlled Congress for three and a half years and all of the federal government for nearly two. At what point do Democrats actually do something about the fleecing of America besides whine about Republicans? Higher taxes, worthless unions and endless regulation will not restore our industrial base and the revenue it once provided when big Democrat supporters like GE pay zero US income tax because their profits and/or profitable operations are shifted low tax nations where they can pollute all they like and unions don't exist.

Last edited by momonkey; 09-02-2010 at 05:57 AM..

Old 09-02-2010, 07:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The sad and tragic part is Billy Bob and Betty Sue can't afford cable so they watch Glenn Beck and FOX, and Billy Bob goes to work for $8.00 an hour.

You have to have cable, to watch Glenn Beck and the Fox News Channel!!!!

Your a bulb of brightness today! The rage must be clouding your thinking.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:48 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:

"Just because I can't prove it, doesn't mean it's not true."

Say wha?

And here's a tip - before you say what GB's rally was or wasn't, I suggest you WATCH it. In it's entirety.

You have absolutely every right to your opinion - but please make it an INFORMED opinion before you go on the attack.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:58 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The trash issue shows a major mindset between conservatives and liberals.

Conservatives take responsibility for their own actions.

Liberals look to the government to clean up after them.

This difference in philosophy is the reason that we live in an entitlement society.
Bush made a mess. Conservatives lost the elections and liberals took control.

The Tea Party, which for 8 years ignored the fiscal irresponsibility and the attempts to diminish our freedoms has now decided to convene and clean up the liberal "mess".

Conservatives and Wall Street own businesses. They looked for the government to clean up after them.

Bush's war wasted money in Iraq and made the situation worse. He sent more tax funded programs and troops to try and clean up the mess.

But hey, it's only liberals that make messes.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
I think this is an excellent idea, and hope it is only the first of many such competing rallies.

The sponsor of the Beck Restoring Honor rally is Special Operations Warrior Foundation. The Beck Rally raised 5.5 MILLION dollars.

Has the Union rally announced their charity sponsor yet? It's going to be a great thing for our country to raise this badly needed money for these charity organizations. I feel sure that with their vast organization (Beck is only one man), the many Unions will be able to far surpass the Beck Honor Rally totals and "have the last word".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies