Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 03:23 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,260,267 times

Advertisements

Obama is not a good President. I would argue he is an awful President. But what makes me laugh is that how these same people who hate Obama somehow credit Bush when Bush was the person who created this mess. Bush IS the worst President in U.S. histoy. Let's examine what he did

1. Encouraged outsourcing of jobs to third world countries in 2001 and 2002 and did nothing to curb this when the first report mass layoffs started occurring. This led to millions of jobs ultimately being outsourced and helped create the massive unemployment you see today.

2. Did nothing to address the trade imbalance with China and other third world nations

3. Started the War

4. Did nothing to regulate the Housing Industry and Banks

5. Inhibited Stem Cell research

6. Did nothing to North Korea and Iran when their nuclear programs first began materializing

I agree that Obama has done nothing to alleviate these problems and has made the situation worse by increasing our debt with wasteful programs (the Stimulus, Obamacare) and not stopping the War as he promised.

But it's sad the partisan hacks who love both Obama and Bush when in reality both of them have been terrible Presidents.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 09-02-2010 at 03:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 04:45 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,445,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
One of our greatest capacities as Americans, is to forgive and forget. I'm just damn glad that Bush jr. never had a son.
Jeb has a son.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...the-block.html

George Bush the Third: the new kid on the block
George P Bush, son of Florida governor Jeb Bush, is beginning to spread his political wings as the third generation of the Bush dynasty.

By Philip Sherwell in New York
Published: 4:25PM BST 24 Jul 2010

Being called George Bush might not be the most obvious route to elected office, given the opprobrium heaped on the 43rd US president since he left the White House.

But a third bearer of that name has just taken a fresh step towards a career in American politics: George Prescott Bush.

His grandfather George HW was president for a single term, losing to Bill Clinton in 1992, and his uncle George W left office last year with approval ratings in the doldrums.

Now George P, the son of former Florida governor Jeb and his Mexican wife, Columba, has co-founded a new organisation, Hispanic Republicans of Texas (HRT), to promote and support Latino candidates for office in the Lone Star state.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 AM

8,275 posts, read 12,835,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Republicans have low images during their terms, and it improve over time.
Democrats have high images during their terms, and it drops over time.

Not always, but usually thats true.
Look at Clinton, Bush 1, Reagan, Carter etc..

I disagree, Reagan had a very high image and as people are finally evaluating the reality from the hypoe they are realizing he was a pretty dismal president. Bush, will never be redeemed he was an idiot and that will not change.
Nixon had his issues but asa statesman he is generally regarded as pretty decent.

Cllinton both in and out seems to be fairing well.

The Bushes would love to make their name good so they can run the others in the wing. For me I never want to see a Bush anywhere near elected office again. They would sell mama Bush to terrorists if the price was right.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:38 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,445,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I disagree, Reagan had a very high image and as people are finally evaluating the reality from the hypoe they are realizing he was a pretty dismal president. Bush, will never be redeemed he was an idiot and that will not change.
Nixon had his issues but asa statesman he is generally regarded as pretty decent.

Cllinton both in and out seems to be fairing well.

The Bushes would love to make their name good so they can run the others in the wing. For me I never want to see a Bush anywhere near elected office again. They would sell mama Bush to terrorists if the price was right.
Clinton--I will never understand the 'mystique'. Didn't care for him and still don't.

Harry Truman--not an expert on him but seemed to be a man of resolve and decency.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/harrystruman

In June 1950, when the Communist government of North Korea attacked South Korea, Truman conferred promptly with his military advisers. There was, he wrote, "complete, almost unspoken acceptance on the part of everyone that whatever had to be done to meet this aggression had to be done. There was no suggestion from anyone that either the United Nations or the United States could back away from it."

^^^^^

A long, discouraging struggle ensued as U.N. forces held a line above the old boundary of South Korea. Truman kept the war a limited one, rather than risk a major conflict with China and perhaps Russia.

'I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.'
Harry S. Truman

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive. And don't ever apologize for anything.
Harry S Truman
I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do.
Harry S Truman
I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.
Harry S Truman

If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
Harry S Truman
It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Harry S Truman
Take a two-mile walk every morning before breakfast.
Harry S Truman
Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
Harry S Truman, August 8, 1950

Last edited by TakeAhike; 09-02-2010 at 06:48 AM..

Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,838,666 times
You know things must be REALLY bad for the current POTUS when Bush starts looking better to people....

Of course things ARE really bad due to BOTH Bush and the current POTUS.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:10 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,771,404 times
My feeling is, the old sometimes looks better than the new whether it actually was/is or not. Like that saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side". Thing is, usually, what we think or thought was better, isn't necessarily true.....

Old 09-02-2010, 12:16 PM

15,755 posts, read 7,564,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Obama is not a good President. I would argue he is an awful President. But what makes me laugh is that how these same people who hate Obama somehow credit Bush when Bush was the person who created this mess. Bush IS the worst President in U.S. histoy. Let's examine what he did

1. Encouraged outsourcing of jobs to third world countries in 2001 and 2002 and did nothing to curb this when the first report mass layoffs started occurring. This led to millions of jobs ultimately being outsourced and helped create the massive unemployment you see today.

2. Did nothing to address the trade imbalance with China and other third world nations

3. Started the War

4. Did nothing to regulate the Housing Industry and Banks

5. Inhibited Stem Cell research

6. Did nothing to North Korea and Iran when their nuclear programs first began materializing

I agree that Obama has done nothing to alleviate these problems and has made the situation worse by increasing our debt with wasteful programs (the Stimulus, Obamacare) and not stopping the War as he promised.

But it's sad the partisan hacks who love both Obama and Bush when in reality both of them have been terrible Presidents.
There are several ideas that Bush began that Obama implemented. I can not remember all of them, but only the one most talked about--stimulus. The stimulus package was a Bush baby, brought in as he was leaving the Whitehouse. Obama finished out the hatching of it, so as to try and jump start the dieing economy.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:21 PM

15,755 posts, read 7,564,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Jeb has a son.

George Bush the Third: the new kid on the block - Telegraph

George Bush the Third: the new kid on the block
George P Bush, son of Florida governor Jeb Bush, is beginning to spread his political wings as the third generation of the Bush dynasty.

By Philip Sherwell in New York
Published: 4:25PM BST 24 Jul 2010

Being called George Bush might not be the most obvious route to elected office, given the opprobrium heaped on the 43rd US president since he left the White House.

But a third bearer of that name has just taken a fresh step towards a career in American politics: George Prescott Bush.

His grandfather George HW was president for a single term, losing to Bill Clinton in 1992, and his uncle George W left office last year with approval ratings in the doldrums.

Now George P, the son of former Florida governor Jeb and his Mexican wife, Columba, has co-founded a new organisation, Hispanic Republicans of Texas (HRT), to promote and support Latino candidates for office in the Lone Star state.
I was thinking that another Bush had to come in here from some where. I guess I should pay more attention to the Texas political runners. Wow---I knew they were not done yet.

Man I'd hate to have to be the one to name the George Bush presidents and keep 'em straight.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:23 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,849,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus8tYourBabyforAsnack View Post
BOOSH was a complete idiot!
I' never heard of anyone name BOOSH...? Perhaps you are in the wrong thread..?

Old 09-02-2010, 12:23 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,504,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama's failing is making Bush look better.

It's Bush's fault!

Barack Obama is setting a record-setting number of records during his first year in office.
Largest budget ever. Largest deficit ever. Largest number of broken promises ever. Most self-serving speeches ever. Largest number of agenda-setting failures ever. Fastest dive in popularity ever.

Wow! Talk about change.

Just one year ago, fresh from his inauguration celebrations, President Obama was flying high. After one of the nation's most inspiring political campaigns, the election of America's first black president had captured the hopes and dreams of millions. To his devout followers, it was inconceivable that a year later his administration would be gripped in self-imposed crisis.

Of course, they don't see it as self-imposed. It's all George Bush's fault.

George Bush, who doesn't have a vote in congress and who no longer occupies the White House, is to blame for it all.

He broke Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

He broke Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

He broke Obama's promise to end earmarks.

He broke Obama's promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

He broke Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

He broke Obama's promise to make peace with direct, no precondition talks with America's most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.

He broke Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

He broke Obama's promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

He broke Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

He broke Obama's promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

He broke Obama's promise to have chosen a home church to attend Sunday services with his family by Easter of last year.

Yes, it's all George Bush's fault. President Obama is nothing more than a puppet in the never-ending failed Bush administration.
If only George Bush wasn't still in charge, all of President Obama's problems would be solved. His promises would have been kept, the economy would be back on track, Iran would have stopped its work on developing a nuclear bomb and would be negotiating a peace treaty with Israel. North Korea would have ended its tyrannical regime, and integrity would have been restored to the federal government.

Oh, and did I mention what it would be like if the Democrats, under the leadership of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, didn't have the heavy yoke of George Bush around their necks? There would be no ear marks, no closed-door drafting of bills, no increase in deficit spending, no special-interest influence (unions), no vote buying (Nebraska, Louisiana).

If only George Bush wasn't still in charge, we'd have real change by now.

All the broken promises, all the failed legislation and delay (health care reform, immigration reform) is not President Obama's fault or the fault of the Democrat-controlled Congress. It's all George Bush's fault.

Take for example the decision of Eric Holder, the president's attorney general, to hold terrorists' trials in New York City. Or his decision to try the Christmas Day underpants bomber as a civilian.

Two disastrous decisions.

Certainly those were bad judgments based on poor advice from George Bush.

Need more proof?

You might recall that when Scott Brown won the election to the U.S. Senate from Massachusetts , capturing "the Ted Kennedy seat", President Obama said that Brown's victory was the result of the same voter anger that propelled Obama into office in 2008. People were still angry about George Bush and the policies of the past 10 years. And they wanted change.

Yes, according to the president, the voter rebellion in Massachusetts was George Bush's fault.

Therefore, in retaliation, they elected a Republican to the Ted Kennedy seat, ending a half-century of domination by Democrats. It is all George Bush's fault.

Will the failed administration of George Bush ever end, and the time for hope and change ever arrive?

Will President Obama ever accept responsibility for something... - anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies