Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 05:33 AM

646 posts, read 393,669 times

Advertisements

why does this happen. if you explore this forum a bit, you can find people from places in the northeast, and northwest, hoping to escape. north carolina and texas have by far the most threads on here, but it seems like inquiry on traditionally red states remains high. poke around on the threads, and you will find people claiming to be "sick of high taxes" and looking for liberal places in conservative states. do these people relocate and keep voting the way that got their home state in the mess to begin with? people are screaming into places like TX, NC, FL, SC, ect from places like CA, NY, MA, ect. it's as if they are looking for a tax haven. why don't they just stay put and pay their "fair share?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Seems they want the liberal programs enacted but don't want to pay for them.
Why don't they just stay where they are and fix their state laws.
A little fiscal restraint with their state governments and budgets would go a long way to fixing their problems that they just run away from.

Don't like the high taxes ? Then trim that budget.

They want to redistribute wealth..just not their own. Then they go to a conservative state and start bashing it about how that state doesn't care for it's people because of lack of generous entitlement programs

Old 09-02-2010, 05:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
My old arthritic joints hurt during cold, damp winters. Politics has nothing to do with wanting to move to the Southwest.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:00 AM

says the person living in a state with no income tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
My old arthritic joints hurt during cold, damp winters. Politics has nothing to do with wanting to move to the Southwest.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:07 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
Of the states you mentioned only TX and SC voted REpug .. So I would exactly characterize FL as conservative while it has some threads of it.

Based on the spending habits of Repugs I think you could hardly characterize that party as fiscally conservative.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:14 AM

not sure what repug is. is that like a democrap? see, I can act like a child as well. do you not think the hoards of carpetbaggers changed the political color of the state? but I am not talking about national politics. people from liberal, nanny state, huge tax areas are moving because they don't want to pay their "fair share." explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Of the states you mentioned only TX and SC voted REpug .. So I would exactly characterize FL as conservative while it has some threads of it.

Based on the spending habits of Repugs I think you could hardly characterize that party as fiscally conservative.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:18 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independentsucka View Post
why don't they just stay put and pay their "fair share?"
I am staying put and fighting like hell to stay put, but I have learned over the years the liberal mentality is seriously different than mine, and very comfortable with the idea of higher taxes, especially taxing the rich. The idea that money somehow isn't endless or punishing the wealthy eventually erodes the tax base just doesn't fly with these people.

So I stay and pay, but I have to admit, NC or FL is looking better and better.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:20 AM

haha! I would go someplace like iowa before NC or FL. they have unemployment rates like michigan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I am staying put and fighting like hell to stay put, but I have learned over the years the liberal mentality is seriously different than mine, and very comfortable with the idea of higher taxes, especially taxing the rich. The idea that money somehow isn't endless or punishing the wealthy eventually erodes the tax base just doesn't fly with these people.

So I stay and pay, but I have to admit, NC or FL is looking better and better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies