Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yes, absolutely true. This is one reason states and federal government should never be involved with healthcare payment for any other than those serving in the armed forces. It becomes a public entitlement, then when cuts have to be made, people cry about how unfair it is. People should be saving for their future medical treatment instead of running up debit on material goods, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
AHHH the empathy from the family values crowd is astounding.

I do not pretend to have the answers but, I cannot condone sentencing those who are poor & sick to death if in need of a transplant.
for the record, i am on ahcccs because i could never afford the premiums that many insurance companies wanted. i am diabetic, have high blood pressure, and failing kidneys. i thank god for ahcccs because i could not otherwise afford to stay alive as i have been unemployed since late 2006. but i also recognize that ahcccs does have limitations, and they do try to cut costs as much as possible, using generic meds where possible, using labs that provide lower cost testing, etc. when i finally need a kidney transplant, i will be grateful is the state picks up the cost, but i wont hold my breath on that one, and i wont **** and moan about not getting a transplant.

i dont feel entitled to health care, but again i am grateful for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
for the record, i am on ahcccs because i could never afford the premiums that many insurance companies wanted. i am diabetic, have high blood pressure, and failing kidneys. i thank god for ahcccs because i could not otherwise afford to stay alive as i have been unemployed since late 2006. but i also recognize that ahcccs does have limitations, and they do try to cut costs as much as possible, using generic meds where possible, using labs that provide lower cost testing, etc. when i finally need a kidney transplant, i will be grateful is the state picks up the cost, but i wont hold my breath on that one, and i wont **** and moan about not getting a transplant.

i dont feel entitled to health care, but again i am grateful for it.
Sorry to hear about your health problems but, if you listen to some on these forums, you should have saved your money for this very thing & it won't matter if you die because obviously you are poor & we shouldn't have ahcccs or programs like it available anyway.

The point here is that the state has better things to spend it's money on than the sick & poor. One for instance is the money the state has to keep shelling out in lawsuits against it because of our sheriff's dept. Another is the brainiac who decided to sell off the state owned buildings & now has to pay indefinitely to rent them.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your health problems but, if you listen to some on these forums, you should have saved your money for this very thing & it won't matter if you die because obviously you are poor & we shouldn't have ahcccs or programs like it available anyway.
stuff happens. in my opinion however the federal government has NO business dealing in health care, except to regulate and oversee the system. the states is where low cost health care should be taken care of.

Quote:
The point here is that the state has better things to spend it's money on than the sick & poor. One for instance is the money the state has to keep shelling out in lawsuits against it because of our sheriff's dept. Another is the brainiac who decided to sell off the state owned buildings & now has to pay indefinitely to rent them.
actually the lawsuits are bull sierra. sheriff arpio is very effective in enforcing the laws of the state, and federal immigration laws, and the liberals hate that.

as for selling the state buildings, that isnt such a bad idea as the responsibility for maintaining the buildings now becomes the responsibility of the new landlords, and it does in fact save the state money.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:15 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Where are the physicians and the organization that funds " Docs Without Borders" , etc., and other charity orgs. that raise money for medical issues? Why don't they help Americans?

Fix 50 cleft palates in Brazil in one week, perform surgery on conjoined twins from Mexico...head on over to Africa and hand out free vaccinations, AIDS meds, fix legs of dwarves, it's all good. Perform a damn transplant for some American for FREE? Can't manage to do it.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,634,135 times
Quote:
Where are the physicians and the organization that fund " Docs Without Borders" , etc., and other charity orgs. to help Americans?
You mean like Remote Area Medical?

Remote Area Medical - Pioneers of No-Cost Health Care

Transplants aren't that simple, though. You need months of preparation and ongoing anti-rejection drugs and therapies, sometimes for life. That can only really be managed through an actual healthcare system - not a single charity operation.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
stuff happens. in my opinion however the federal government has NO business dealing in health care, except to regulate and oversee the system. the states is where low cost health care should be taken care of.

actually the lawsuits are bull sierra. sheriff arpio is very effective in enforcing the laws of the state, and federal immigration laws, and the liberals hate that.

as for selling the state buildings, that isnt such a bad idea as the responsibility for maintaining the buildings now becomes the responsibility of the new landlords, and it does in fact save the state money.
So you are right wing and on ahcccs?
Wow you must get some s---- from both sides.
Getting any handout or help is a no-no on the right side & the libs must think your a hypocrite and a nutcase. LMAO<<sorry couldn't resist

The states do run the welfare programs that pay for healthcare, uh well at least for now they do or don't or don't wanna or chose to opt some out that need transplants.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:28 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
You mean like Remote Area Medical?

Remote Area Medical - Pioneers of No-Cost Health Care

Transplants aren't that simple, though. You need months of preparation and ongoing anti-rejection drugs and therapies, sometimes for life. That can only really be managed through an actual healthcare system - not a single charity operation.
Plastic surgery, cataract removal and even hysterectomies. Where's the hard core surgeries?

Fixing the woes of rampant AIDS in African countries is more tenable?

The HIV cocktail is less expensive than anti-rejection drugs?

Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Getting any handout or help is a no-no on the right side & the libs must think your a hypocrite and a nutcase. LMAO<<sorry couldn't resist

The states do run the welfare programs that pay for healthcare, uh well at least for now they do or don't or don't wanna or chose to opt some out that need transplants.
Whatever happened to Obama care? It was passed wasn't it?

If the federal government is going to guarantee free health care for all, then you don't need duplication of that from the states.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Whatever happened to Obama care? It was passed wasn't it?

If the federal government is going to guarantee free health care for all, then you don't need duplication of that from the states.
It hasn't begun yet & I'm not sure when it will.
Anyone else know?

Old 09-02-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:

personally i dont care what people say about me being a conservative and being on public assistance. i dont have a problem with a safety net, what i do have a problem with is the fraud, and waste that is rife in the system. if the government actually ran health care like a business, it would be far more efficient than it is now, and with less fraud and waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies