Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:48 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,410 times

Advertisements

Note very carefully the paragraph in red

This was written by a woman born in Egypt as a Muslim. This is not hearsay, and it will scare you.

Make sure you read the paragraph (in red) towards the end.

Joys of Muslim Women
by Nonie Darwish

In the Muslim faith a Muslim man can marry a child as young as 1 year old and have sexual intimacy with this child, consummating the marriage by 9. The dowry is given to the family in exchange for the woman (who becomes his slave) and for the purchase of the private parts of the woman, to use her as a toy.

Even though a woman is abused, she can not obtain a divorce.

To prove rape, the woman must have (4) male witnesses.

Often after a woman has been raped, she is returned to her family and the family must return the dowry. The family has the right to execute her (an honor killing) to restore the honor of the family. Husbands can beat their wives 'at will' and the man does not have to say why he has beaten her.

The husband is permitted to have 4 wives and a temporary wife for an hour (prostitute) at his discretion.

The Shariah Muslim law controls the private as well as the public life of the woman.

In the Western World ( America ) Muslim men are starting to demand Shariah Law so the wife can not obtain a divorce and he can have full and complete control of her. It is amazing and alarming how many of our sisters and daughters attending American Universities are now marrying Muslim men and submitting themselves and their children unsuspectingly to the Shariah law.

By passing this on, enlightened American women may avoid becoming a slave under Shariah Law.

Ripping the West in Two. Author and lecturer Nonie Darwish says the goal of radical Islamists is to impose Shariah law on the world, ripping Western law and liberty in two.

She recently authored the book, Cruel and Usual Punishment: The Terrifying Global Implications of Islamic Law.

Darwish was born in Cairo and spent her childhood in Egypt and Gaza before immigrating to America in 1978, when she was eight years old. Her father died while leading covert attacks on Israel . He was a high-ranking Egyptian military officer stationed with his family in Gaza .

When he died, he was considered a "shahid," a martyr for jihad. His posthumous status earned Nonie and her family an elevated position in Muslim society.

But Darwish developed a skeptical eye at an early age. She questioned her own Muslim culture and upbringing. She converted to Christianity after hearing a Christian preacher on television.

In her latest book, Darwish warns about creeping sharia law - what it is, what it means, and how it is manifested in Islamic countries.

For the West, she says radical Islamists are working to impose sharia on the world. If that happens, Western civilization will be destroyed. Westerners generally assume all religions encourage a respect for the dignity of each individual. Islamic law (Sharia) teaches that non-Muslims should be subjugated or killed in this world.

Peace and prosperity for one's children is not as important as assuring that Islamic law rules everywhere in the Middle East and eventually in the world.

While Westerners tend to think that all religions encourage some form of the golden rule, Sharia teaches two systems of ethics - one for Muslims and another for non-Muslims. Building on tribal practices of the seventh century, Sharia encourages the side of humanity that wants to take from and subjugate others.

While Westerners tend to think in terms of religious people developing a personal understanding of and relationship with God, Sharia advocates executing people who ask difficult questions that could be interpreted as criticism.

It's hard to imagine, that in this day and age, Islamic scholars agree that those who criticize Islam or choose to stop being Muslim should be executed. Sadly, while talk of an Islamic reformation is common and even assumed by many in the West, such murmurings in the Middle East are silenced through intimidation.

While Westerners are accustomed to an increase in religious tolerance over time, Darwish explains how petro dollars are being used to grow an extremely intolerant form of political Islam in her native Egypt and elsewhere.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President by themselves! Rest assured they will do so... You can look at how they have taken over several towns in the USA .. Dearborn Mich. is one... and there are others...

I think everyone in the U.S. should be required to read this, but with the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on!

It is too bad that so many are disillusioned with life and Christianity to accept Muslims as peaceful.. some may be but they have an army that is willing to shed blood in the name of Islam.. the peaceful support the warriors with their finances and own kind of patriotism to their religion. While America is getting rid of Christianity from all public sites and erasing God from the lives of children the Muslims are planning a great jihad on America ..

Last edited by gsm113; 09-02-2010 at 09:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
With that being siad, no more needs to be said, it has been said clearly, and to the point, what more has to be said, exactly as i thoguht, some things with these people will never change for the better.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
I knew I saw this before:

snopes.com: Joys of Muslim Women - Nonie Darwish

According to snopes, the purported author, Nonie Darwish, confirmed that she did not write this piece.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:18 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

According to snopes, the purported author, Nonie Darwish, confirmed that she did not write this piece.
That's kind of hard to believe. She has, at least, made the same points in speeches that I have listened to. I've never heard her say that a Muslim man could marry a 1 year old, but I have read and heard her say many of the other things in the OP's post.
Quote:
Nonie Darwish - "Cruel and Usual Punishment"
http://www.davidhorowitztv.com/wednesday-morning-club/250-nonie-darwish-qcruel-and-usual-punishmentq (broken link)

Old 09-02-2010, 01:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

research snopes! please, and get an eye opener. who is snopes?

Old 12-10-2011, 01:52 AM

82 posts, read 167,509 times
I am a Muslim and in all of my life i've never heard of such foolishness. Sure you have some sick people who abuse and miss use religion to justify their wrong doing. But it's not the blame of the faith it's the cultural behavoir some ignorant people. Islam is a universal faith of humanity. It is wrong to make and assumption that Muslims are all terrorists, thugs, wife beaters and have a plurality of wifes. Islam is under attack by all kinds of false propaganda , xenophobia, and sensational stories.

Because in reality everything that has been said is limited to perhaps less than .05% of the Muslims in the World. Many people who have never read the Holy Qu'ran and the teachings of the prophet Muhammad would be shocked to know that the Qu'ran do not justified any kind of sin and run doing.
The true Muslim is suppose to live his life in obedience to God and the laws of God. Sometimes the laws of God and man conflict. When this happens there will be contradictions in society. For Muslims who are true to there faith the Qu'ran tell them to obey the laws of the society in which they live and to obey God.

In western societies like America man laws often conflict with divine laws of the Bible which is also inclusive in Islam. The Mosiac law of Moses is similiar to the Islamic law called the ' Shariah'. Also iwill point out that most Christians are not living behind the laws of the Bible. I am a former Christian and i know the religion fairly well. I see many Christians who, cheat on their wifes or husbands. The jails are full of Christians who have commited all kinds of crimes and sins in this society. How can you turn a blind eye on your own faith and bad mouth Muslims when many of the church are not sincere. I've seen many use Jesus name and the Bible as a smokescreen to cover their wicked ways of hate , racism, greed, prostitution, illegal drug dealing, fraud, and other criminal activities.

In conclusion there is a lot of false prapaganda being spread around on Muslims. But this will not deter the growth of Islam. Majority of Muslims are peaceful people. But the media will focus on a few incidents and judge the Muslim world by it. If a Muslim go out and kill then he's branded a terrorist. But if a Christian or Jew go out and commit the same crime he's never identified as a terrorist or by his faith. He is just David Duke or Jacob Goldstein. If his name is Ahmad Muhammad then the spot light is on him as terrorist. In American history the largest terrorist organization was the KU KLUX KHAN, they killed many blacks and did it under the cloak of the confederate flag, the Bible and Christianity.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:07 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,716 times
Here's alittle information to help people understand.

Following is an overview of the basic tenets of Islam -- not Islamic "fundamentalism," "extremism," "fanaticism," "Islamo-fascism," or "Islamism," but Islam proper, Islam in its orthodox form as it has been understood and practiced by right-believing Muslims from the time of Muhammad to the present.

Islam - Discover the Networks

Old 12-10-2011, 02:36 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalc View Post
I am a Muslim and in all of my life i've never heard of such foolishness. Sure you have some sick people who abuse and miss use religion to justify their wrong doing. But it's not the blame of the faith it's the cultural behavoir some ignorant people. Islam is a universal faith of humanity. It is wrong to make and assumption that Muslims are all terrorists, thugs, wife beaters and have a plurality of wifes. Islam is under attack by all kinds of false propaganda , xenophobia, and sensational stories.

Because in reality everything that has been said is limited to perhaps less than .05% of the Muslims in the World. Many people who have never read the Holy Qu'ran and the teachings of the prophet Muhammad would be shocked to know that the Qu'ran do not justified any kind of sin and run doing.
The true Muslim is suppose to live his life in obedience to God and the laws of God. Sometimes the laws of God and man conflict. When this happens there will be contradictions in society. For Muslims who are true to there faith the Qu'ran tell them to obey the laws of the society in which they live and to obey God.

In western societies like America man laws often conflict with divine laws of the Bible which is also inclusive in Islam. The Mosiac law of Moses is similiar to the Islamic law called the ' Shariah'. Also iwill point out that most Christians are not living behind the laws of the Bible. I am a former Christian and i know the religion fairly well. I see many Christians who, cheat on their wifes or husbands. The jails are full of Christians who have commited all kinds of crimes and sins in this society. How can you turn a blind eye on your own faith and bad mouth Muslims when many of the church are not sincere. I've seen many use Jesus name and the Bible as a smokescreen to cover their wicked ways of hate , racism, greed, prostitution, illegal drug dealing, fraud, and other criminal activities.

In conclusion there is a lot of false prapaganda being spread around on Muslims. But this will not deter the growth of Islam. Majority of Muslims are peaceful people. But the media will focus on a few incidents and judge the Muslim world by it. If a Muslim go out and kill then he's branded a terrorist. But if a Christian or Jew go out and commit the same crime he's never identified as a terrorist or by his faith. He is just David Duke or Jacob Goldstein. If his name is Ahmad Muhammad then the spot light is on him as terrorist. In American history the largest terrorist organization was the KU KLUX KHAN, they killed many blacks and did it under the cloak of the confederate flag, the Bible and Christianity.
I agree with you. Your religion is being maligned, or painted as inherently evil, something we must fear. We are led to believe muslims are less than human, with no reverence for life. I no longer believe this to be true overall. Many westerners would be surprised to learn that Christians, Jews, and Muslims live together peacefully in Iran. Iran's issue is not with the Jews, but with the Zionists - there is a difference.

Ahmadinejad | 2008 Christmas message - YouTube

Old 12-10-2011, 09:58 AM

674 posts, read 698,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalc View Post
Islam is a universal faith of humanity.
Islam is not a universal faith of humanity. It is your religion, not the religion of all of us. Furthermore its major tenets are incompatible with many cultures, including mine.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Islam is not a universal faith of humanity. It is your religion, not the religion of all of us. Furthermore its major tenets are incompatible with many cultures, including mine.
Agreed! I would prefer that all of these ancient made up religions go away. The moment these religions including Islam were created there was Violent disagreement on how they are practiced! It's all about power and religous Zealots are no different and possibly worse than any other type of Bigot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I agree with you. Your religion is being maligned, or painted as inherently evil, something we must fear. We are led to believe muslims are less than human, with no reverence for life. I no longer believe this to be true overall. Many westerners would be surprised to learn that Christians, Jews, and Muslims live together peacefully in Iran. Iran's issue is not with the Jews, but with the Zionists - there is a difference.
"Many westerners would be surprised to learn that Christians, Jews, and Muslims live together peacefully in Iran" And I have some lake front property in Arizona to sell you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies