Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:23 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Too true.

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out. ~Thomas Babington Macaulay

Just try to ignore those who respond to questions with sarcasm, etc.

Thanks, not only was I interested, but thought it would be a very good topic for discussion....however, they just keep coming, don't they, talk about angry people....I mean, it never ceases to amaze me how truly mean some people can be...and as I stated before, some of these people are actually parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 07:20 PM

17,331 posts, read 14,606,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Thanks, not only was I interested, but thought it would be a very good topic for discussion....however, they just keep coming, don't they, talk about angry people....I mean, it never ceases to amaze me how truly mean some people can be...and as I stated before, some of these people are actually parents.
Angry in this thread? Nah. Snarky? Probably. (There are many MANY thread with pure vile in them .... this ain't it.)

If you're going to post in any of the debate sections on CD, you'd better put on some fire retardant big girl panties because no matter what, you're going to get flamed at some point in time.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:54 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Come on, op...you started this as ill-informed Bush-bashing. Or at least that is the way it came across. Given the disposition of many on this forum, you knew you'd have some snark coming, especially since it's not that 'unknown' and it's hardly the first of its kind.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:24 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
cremebrulee[/b];15736224]Thanks, not only was I interested, but thought it would be a very good topic for discussion....however, they just keep coming, don't they, talk about angry people....I mean, it never ceases to amaze me how truly mean some people can be...and as I stated before, some of these people are actually parents.

You are a pleasant, productive and interesting contributer
on this forum.

There are some angry/sad people with tedious, insignificant
lives, who recieve pleasure trying to bring others down. Do
not fall to their level.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:42 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,739,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You are a pleasant, productive and interesting contributer
on this forum.

There are some angry/sad people with tedious, insignificant
lives, who recieve pleasure trying to bring others down. Do
not fall to their level.
ahh Buddy that was very nice of you to say

Does anyone know if they are hiring at this embassy?

Old 09-02-2010, 09:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Angry in this thread? Nah. Snarky? Probably. (There are many MANY thread with pure vile in them .... this ain't it.)

If you're going to post in any of the debate sections on CD, you'd better put on some fire retardant big girl panties because no matter what, you're going to get flamed at some point in time.
LOL........^^^^ very true.

To the OP, it was covered. Our tax dollars at work. We've built embassies, mosques, in addition to the infrastructure roads, power grids, etc..., hospitals, schools, etc... .

How are you liking the way your tax dollars are spent? As bad as this is it is a pentance compared to Obama's paybacks. Follow the money and see how many are corporate donors in one way or another. Get angry, really angry, then vote them all out in November!

Old 09-02-2010, 11:04 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
Looks like McCain got his 100 year occupation in Iraq... oh wait, he didn't win... or did he?

Old 09-03-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

ok, took your advice and put the big girl panties on....however, you don't have to condiscend someone to reply...and I really don't care how many threads are pure vile....what is really frightening, is, there are so many people out there like that? Mean, they bully, and really get upset if someone doesn't think and feel like them....I hope in years to come, that concept changes and people learn to develop mannners, tollerance and allowance which will help this country a great deal....I see to much anger today...and people turning against each other instead of working together...

OK, I'll shut up now....back to the thread....

thanks a bunch

Old 09-03-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Come on, op...you started this as ill-informed Bush-bashing. Or at least that is the way it came across. Given the disposition of many on this forum, you knew you'd have some snark coming, especially since it's not that 'unknown' and it's hardly the first of its kind.
Stan 4, hey, how are ya....
people read and interrupt as they think and are...no, I didn't start this as a Bush basher, someone actually sent this to me yesterday, and I honestly didn't know about it. I came in and posted it, to find out more about it, and thought it would be an awesome topic for discussion....I am independent, so I don't care either way...I will admit, I didn't like Bush, but dislike Obama even more...and no, call me naieve, but really didn't know I'd get snarky comments....for some strange reason, at my age, I still see good in people..that people want to discuss and share information...actually when people come in and made unintelligent remarks like that, it scares me, b/c it shows more and more American's are so darn distrustful and angry....it's a shame...really sad....and no, it isn't the first of it's kind, but I love people, and love discussions....and well, call me, miss informed....however, an uncle once told me when I was a little girl, "Never be afraid to ask questions, no matter who mocks you".....ask them, and gain as much knowledge as you can.....

So, someone comes in and says, I'm lazy cuz I didn't look it up on the internet, never realizing, that maybe it might be fun to discuss it, and contribute all the information you know about it.....sheeesh, people are really amazing....

oh well, can't blame me for tryin....Stan4, you and I have disagreed in many threads, however, I still love ya....

Creme

Old 09-03-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
LOL........^^^^ very true.

To the OP, it was covered. Our tax dollars at work. We've built embassies, mosques, in addition to the infrastructure roads, power grids, etc..., hospitals, schools, etc... .

How are you liking the way your tax dollars are spent? As bad as this is it is a pentance compared to Obama's paybacks. Follow the money and see how many are corporate donors in one way or another. Get angry, really angry, then vote them all out in November!
I am angry...real angry...and wish I could vote them out, but each year it gets worse....it's a disease which has spread all through America, called entitlement....it doesn't matter who you vote for, one side is as corrupt as the other, and although Obama is and his cronys are doing a lousy job, the Republicans are not any better....they keep printing money that we don't have, they keep spending money like it's water....we get involved in the wars of other countries that can't be won, instead of fixing things right here at home. And there is such a lack of common sense and education among the people, I honestly think, that in itself is on purpose..."keep them at each others throats, that way they won't hold us accountable?" I truly believe, no matter who you vote for, this country is run by the WTO (world trade organization) and Washington is simply they're cronny's...puppets...and it's sick, they are running us into the ground....we have become individualists....crime pays....criminals are being left out of jail....yanno....when your leaders are corrupt, so will your people be. And if you look back in history, when did every great nation fall? When they became immoral and corrupt. It won't be long now....we're in a depression and Washington is building these huge componds...I see it every day in corporate world...they lay off people left and right, literally screw with people's lives, and pay themselves, huge wages....there is no more sense of, "What you think feel and act out, reflects the lives of so many other people". There has been an awareness lost....and it ain't about one party against the other...it's about down right greed and corruption, and keep the people misinformed....keep them at each other's throats....we should have another very strong party....it would help keep the other two a little more honest....I don't know, how some of these people can actually go to sleep at night? Unbelievable.

I'm going to tell you a story...way way back, when my son was little, I was listening to a radio talk show which came on every morning...I'm going back oh, maybe 35 years. The woman who was a guest on that show, made a statement....she said, "If people really knew, what was going on in this world, they'd commit suicide out of despiration".

they tell you save, save, save, for retirement, invest in the stock market, and yet, just when it seems your savings are building a nice little nest egg, the stock market crashes....I've seen that happen plenty of times, in my lifetime, it's a freakin joke...

Oh, my gosh, we American's are really really stupid....other countries laugh at us....we laugh at things we should deem immoral and corrupt....we let child molesters walk the streets? And the Church OMG, the church, does nothing about it...Christians, no less? I guess they feel, as long as they are attending Church every week, they've done they're job...?

Religion is our downfall, and people don't seem smart enough to figure that out....or, they are not really informed about history and how right from the beginning of time, religion was the cause of most wars....look at how corrupt the priests were back then, how they ran everything...? It hasn't changed...oh, yes, there is good and bad in everything, however, people don't fight back...look at how many people Hitler killed? Why didn't those people fight back? That always amazes me....the easiest time to over throw people is when they are poor hungry and desperate....it's going to happen to us...someday very soon....they want this land....and still we allow illegals in here...from many other countries...for greed, and greed is going to come back and bite us right in the arses....

Creme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies