Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,926,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She gives them hope. They cling to their religion and guns and Bible and "Going Rogue".
At least we will know how to survive, while the rest of you are wondering where the GOVERNMENT is to help you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 11:06 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,840,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yeah, I thought you'd like that. No, I'm not on a first name basis with her. My company was retained to provide certain services for the Mc/P campaign. If you want details, go to the recent thread concerning Meegan McCain in P&OC, wherein I posted.

Tom, you must understand that when you have a political figure who plays the media game as much and as well as Sarah Palin does, that individual will be subjected to intensive scrutiny. It goes with the territory. More and more the back stage, off the record behavior of any political figure will finally be revealed. I had to communicate with many people who had dealings with Sarah and her team and was briefed extensively on what to expect and how to successfully deal with the situation so I could perform my job. For professional reasons I will not go on an internet tell-all disclosure tour. But suffice to say I was warned by many who came before me of what to expect. Which in many cases was not very flattering to her and her people. Everything I've related has been revealed by someone else, albeit in small disclosure arenas. I've merely confirmed disclosures based on my personal experience.

Based on political consensus within the Republican party, Sarah Palin will run for president in 2012. She is already making preparations for a soon to be announced swing through Iowa and everybody knows that Iowa is where it all starts. The mainstream Republicans know she is going to run and word in the cloakrooms is that it scares the s#!t out of them. Not because she may not get elected but because she may get elected. Although in politics, a win is a win but many republicans believe that in her case, this may necessarily not be true. God help us if that actually happens.

I was a registered, moderate republican for most my mature adult life. After the 2008 campaign I changed my voter registration to independent as I was so disappointed with the republican party and they with me for being what is known as a RINO. The divorce was mutual.

Let's try and keep it civil, OK?
Understood. I may have misjudged you and I apologize.

BTW, Sarah Palin is not even on my radar for a candidate.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:15 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,467,917 times
That description of Sarah's "diva-ness" sounds more like Michelle O. Just because a magazine wrote it, doesn't make it true. Being a bad tipper? Maybe they didn't deserve a good tip, or one at all! If my service sucks, so do my tips!!!
Until I see something that Sarah says or does that I don't like (not the enquirer or Vanity Fair or anything) I will continue to like her. There are a few things that bug me about her, but for the most part, unless she becomes that diva, I like her, just fine.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
And for most people I don't think they are looking for her to run.

It's just the attacks on her are outrageous.

If this were Hillary, the feminist would be all over it. By the way where are the FEMINIST GROUP, weather they like her or not, they are not being very FAIR & BALANCED in there shadowed view of protecting ALL womens image.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:16 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
Quote:
Incorrect assessment sickofnyc. I showed no such freaked out tendencies in my post nor do I don't hold any such views of Palin. But neither do I believe for a minute that anyone who would work on a political campaign for anyone would change their entire ideological viewpoint based solely on witnessing one candidate's "ugly side". "What? she doesn't tip?...I'm changing parties"
I'm frankly amazed at how you try and spin my posts and minimize what I've said. The idea that I would change parties just over Palin and because she is a poor tipper is just mean spirited balderdash. I changed parties because the republican party no longer represents the principles and ideals I value. I consider it co-opted by a far right ideology that promotes classic fascist tendencies. There are many registered independents who have done the same as I have and there are many who have switched from Democrat to independent for similar reasons.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Understood. I may have misjudged you and I apologize.

No harm, no foul and certainly no disrespect intended or taken.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:24 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,737,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Gross writes that people who know her well would not talk about her on the record, some out of loyalty others "because they fear she will exact revenge" as he put it. Some "political strategists, longtime Palin friends and political associates, hotel staff, shopkeepers and hairstylists, and high-school friends of the Palin children" dished about Palin on the condition of anonymity. He wasn't able to talk with Palin herself. It's not a flattering portrait of a woman who may very well want to be this country's next president.

Even before she was plucked out of Alaska by presidential candidate Sen. John McCain to be his running mate, Palin had a sense of entitlement "fueled by persistent feelings that she was under appreciated," Gross writes. She has become accustomed to the glamorous life. She flies in private jets and drives a "gleaming new Escalade ESV with tinted windows." Oh, and FOX News may be building a studio on her property.

Some highlights: Palin, always control-happy, has a big temper. She does not tip well, if at all. She has a short attention span. She's a poseur when it comes to hunting. (Never has hunted, said one family friend.)

Sarah Palin's Dark Universe: Vanity Fair's Profile
Boy that does if for me. A bad tipper. Probably as bad as Hillary Clinton who simply forgets to pay her tab.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:25 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,737,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
And for most people I don't think they are looking for her to run.

It's just the attacks on her are outrageous.

If this were Hillary, the feminist would be all over it. By the way where are the FEMINIST GROUP, weather they like her or not, they are not being very FAIR & BALANCED in there shadowed view of protecting ALL womens image.
I don't understand the outrage over her speaking to groups either. She is just another mouthpiece as far as I am concerned. The more the left attacks her the more credibilty they give her.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Boy that does if for me. A bad tipper. Probably as bad as Hillary Clinton who simply forgets to pay her tab.
Just to provide balanced and fair reportage, I also worked for Bill Clinton during the 92 campaign as his floor director for the televised, town hall meetings. Word was that he was a lousy tipper too. But I did get an autographed picture with the words, "Great Job!" That's what the company I work for does, provide services to political candidates, among other services. We work for Any political candidate of any stripe or party. It's how we stay in business. Bill Clinton and his staff were lousy tippers. But then again, they were operating on a shoestring budget. There I said it and set the record straight.

The thing with Sarah is that in my opinion she is borderline psychotic when the lights go down. Under normal circumstances she would be heavily medicated and under psychiatric supervision, IMHO. But then I'm not in the psychiatric field so there's your disclaimer.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 AM

Default Don't buy lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I don't understand the outrage over her speaking to groups either. She is just another mouthpiece as far as I am concerned. The more the left attacks her the more creditability they give her.
Very true, actually I hadn't paid to much attention to her, know I don't want her for President. Attacking her for being a women and mother is over the line and the feminists should have been right there.

The most inaccurate part of the whole story, is the people won't go on record, what kind of journalist would even go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies