Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 03:36 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,985,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
So you believe the government gave you the freedoms you have to make life choices, because they thought it to be a good idea and good ideas just go poof up, out of thin air?

Make a comparison for yourself, http://www.solarsabbath.org/BibleBillofRights.pdf

Just remember this as you see nanny laws progress and become more favored on the law books.

The government giveth and the government can taketh away.
If they take it all away, what's left that we would still remain free?
The government, any government, can not take away
one's faith. It comes from within. You will always be
free to believe.

Now, if you get burned over it, such as Witches of The Burning Times from the year 1000 to around the 1700s, where countless numbers of witches were killed through the misapplication of biblical texts, we might have a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 03:40 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,433,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitutionalist View Post
it seems to me whenever the ultra left can demogog christians they dont hesitate to do so why is this? i am talking about the ultra left i know plenty of democrats that are good christians, it just seems to me this progresive wing of the democrat party and the left media have no problem putting christians down.
Because certain branches of the Christian faith make great nuisances of themselves. It's no more complicated than that.

I think astrology and numerology are stupid ideas but they keep their nonsense to themselves, unlike a lot of religions.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:47 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,796,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Do they really support Islam? (back opinion with fact please)
The reason I am in this thread topic is because I'm trying to figure it out. Is this a propaganda war, or is this real? I'm finding it pretty hard to swallow. Just in case you missed that.
All you have to do is look at their actions, defending the ground zero mosque for example. I think part of it is naive, liberals don't realize how Islam goes against so many of the values they hold dear. They simply gravitate towards wanting to like it because it isn't Christian

Old 09-09-2010, 03:52 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,433,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
All you have to do is look at their actions, defending the ground zero mosque for example.
The Ground Zero Mosque, which as Voltaire or Linda Richman would say, is neither at Ground Zero nor a Mosque.

Quote:
I think part of it is naive, liberals don't realize how Islam goes against so many of the values they hold dear.
Of course we do. But we don't hold up the building of churches and synagogues, and we don't believe in any of that bull**** either.

Quote:
They simply gravitate towards wanting to like it because it isn't Christian
I don't like it, I'm atheist and I think any house of worship is at best a waste of time. But the people who spend their time and energy protesting it are a xenophobic waste of human DNA.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:01 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,971,413 times
Quote:
it seems to me whenever the ultra left can demogog christians they dont hesitate to do so why is this? i am talking about the ultra left i know plenty of democrats that are good christians, it just seems to me this progresive wing of the democrat party and the left media have no problem putting christians down.
Why does it seem that way?

Many reasons, among them:

*A lot of people mistake staunch support for the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States with being anti-Christian (even including people with user names designed to broadcast their supposed reverence for said Constitution)

*The further left you go, the more likely you are to find opposition to Christian activity such as endlessly undermining high school biology curricula; demanding that marriage policy reflect the beliefs of ancient desert tribes; hindering medical research when that research seems to offend the ideas of the same ancient, laughably ignorant desert tribes; and so forth. These stances aren't anti-Christian, they're anti-idiotic policy.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:21 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,111,858 times
Quote:
All you have to do is look at their actions, defending the ground zero mosque for example. I think part of it is naive, liberals don't realize how Islam goes against so many of the values they hold dear. They simply gravitate towards wanting to like it because it isn't Christian

OK, I have a problem with people who have a problem with there being a ground zero mosque. What exactly is the argument against it being built?

I understand that unfortunately for many Christians, the country they reside in is a country with NO one religion. We have 1 national tree, we have 1 national bird, but we do NOT have 1 national religion.

If they want to bring religion into the mix and declare Christianity our national religion, good luck with that.

I want to hear valid points as to why a mosque cannot be built there. Not that it shouldn't be built. I understand how offensive it may be to the survivors and I feel for them, but legally speaking, why can't they build there?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,361,426 times
Quote:

Because they are so smart they only believe in evolution. The know the missing link will be produced in the future.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 AM

15,587 posts, read 7,471,585 times
Quote:
Could be I am not clear enough on just what I do not understand.
First, I do not like labels. Second, I can not put a group of people in a box and say all of these people think exactly alike. I can not do that, because there is always the one that will stand up and say, I don't think, like them.
Thirdly most defenders of the mosque did so because our legal laws of the land. Those who were oppositions did so, because they felt it was morally wrong. Get this, both parties are right within their reasons.

I stand by the second party, if it is indeed a symbol of victory they do this deed. Even if the NYC council said they were going to put a civic center there, well, that's just not a---morally right thing to do.

Jesus told us we are to follow mans laws. No where did he ever say not to do so, in fact He was very distinct on this. See that's how it is they hung an innocent man. Jesus had broken no legal laws.

I disagree with the people that all liberals don't realize just exactly what Islam is all about. I also disagree that all liberals are anti-Christian. Unless a person can put in front of me, some facts of an opinion survey where the majority percent of liberals, claim to embrace Islam and their beliefs and reject Jesus Christ, then...for all purposes I can detain...I don't buy it.

I also bet we can find some right-wings that embrace Islam.

The liberal that goes to church on Sunday, are they the closet anti-Christians?

Old 09-10-2010, 03:45 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,111,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post

I want to hear valid points as to why a mosque cannot be built there. Not that it shouldn't be built. I understand how offensive it may be to the survivors and I feel for them, but legally speaking, why can't they build there?

Crickets

Old 09-10-2010, 03:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,162,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Couldn't you substitute "book burning" for "mosque" and get the same crickets ?

Legally they can build it.
Legally that minister can burn a book.

Should they ? No, I don't think either should go through with it since so many on both sides are offended by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies