Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 PM

7,786 posts, read 7,994,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Would you take a second and get a clue? There are no 'kickbacks' and no one likes wasting their time with this paper-pushing b.s.
then why is the H1N1 flue shot included with the reg flu shot this year? cause the greedy pharma co couldnt make their fake pandemic fly last year even with all the gov help and warnings and need to unload all this useless vaccine at a profit. maybe I do have a clue. and I have many relatives in the medical field,could tell some real horror stories,like if your ins is too good, my little guinea pig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 05:58 AM

4,519 posts, read 4,063,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The schools should not be putting anything on or in anybody but I as a PARENT certainly should be able to send a kid to school with sunscreen or a Tylenol. If the school wants a note, I will give them one. But I am NOT going to pay a doctor to get a note.
Then what happens when your kid shares with his friends and the friend has a med reaction??

Old 09-09-2010, 08:22 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,566,204 times
I remember when kids were carrying jack knives to school without being scolded.

Doctors letter for sunscreen? Sounds like the district's liability lawyer came up with that nonsense.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:56 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,259,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
then why is the H1N1 flue shot included with the reg flu shot this year? cause the greedy pharma co couldnt make their fake pandemic fly last year even with all the gov help and warnings and need to unload all this useless vaccine at a profit. maybe I do have a clue. and I have many relatives in the medical field,could tell some real horror stories,like if your ins is too good, my little guinea pig
You think drs get a kickback from flu vaccine? Think again!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:34 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,675,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Then what happens when your kid shares with his friends and the friend has a med reaction??
OK, what happens if I go to the doctor and pay him $70 for an appointment to get a note so that my kid can take sunscreen to school and my kid shares it with another kid? Is the fact I got a doctor's note going to change that circumstance? What happens if my kid take a bag of peanuts to school and shares them with a kid who has an allergic reaction? The school cannot prevent everything that is going to happen when you have 500 children together over a course of 9 months a year. I would however counsel my kid not to share anything with anybody but that is a bot hard to convey when the teacher is telling them how wonderful it is to share things like paper and other supplies.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Our office does not charge for writing such notes. In re: sharing food, I think the school needs to make it clear that no one should share any food or anything else that can be ingested. It is easy to make that distinction between sharing something that can be put in your mouth and sharing paper, crayons, scissors, etc.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:46 PM

14,249 posts, read 17,857,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Our office does not charge for writing such notes. In re: sharing food, I think the school needs to make it clear that no one should share any food or anything else that can be ingested. It is easy to make that distinction between sharing something that can be put in your mouth and sharing paper, crayons, scissors, etc.
And to think that we would share a bottle of pop taking it in turns to drink from it. I'm astonished that we didn't die of one disease/allergy or another.

Seriously .. get a life ... stop trying to protect kids from every imaginable risk. It doesn't do them any good.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
And to think that we would share a bottle of pop taking it in turns to drink from it. I'm astonished that we didn't die of one disease/allergy or another.

Seriously .. get a life ... stop trying to protect kids from every imaginable risk. It doesn't do them any good.
It's important to protect them from the big risks, though. I read an article about a kid who was allergic to peanuts. Someone brought some cookies to school with peanuts in them. The kid said no, but an adult insisted s/he try one, and the child died. I believe this involved a kindergartner or a very young child. Would you like to be responsible for that?

Old 09-10-2010, 01:56 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,187,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The schools should not be putting anything on or in anybody but I as a PARENT certainly should be able to send a kid to school with sunscreen or a Tylenol. If the school wants a note, I will give them one. But I am NOT going to pay a doctor to get a note.
i am not disagreeing with your sentiment but i guarantee its about avoiding a law suit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies