Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times

Advertisements

Oh yes, what motivation indeed

Let's fill in some of the space between the lines here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
And it deserves to be quoted:

Bill Gates Speech
Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

1) Read: If your last name doesn't grant you life long privilege ... you are just another slave .... and it will do you no good to whine about it.

Rule 2: The world doesn't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

2) Read: You have no intrinsic value as a human being ... your value is determined solely by the Plutocracy and your ability/willingness to serve us.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

3) Read: Go to college, but don't expect it to land you a decent paying job, and forget paying off your student loans until you are 45 .... (but make sure you make enough money to continue buying my crappy Microsoft products that still have the same inherent flaws they did 20 years ago, so that I can continue adding Billions to my port folio.)

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

4) Read: refer to Rule #2 .... if you think you are worthless now in the eyes of the Elitists like me ... wait till we have direct control over you. School was just subordination training ... the real subordination starts later.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

5) Read: Since we are in the final stages of off shoring all of the previously good paying jobs to China and India, you'd better learn to love flipping hamburgers, because that's probably the only "flipping" job that will be available to you after you graduate with your business degree.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

6) Read: We have structured the society in order to require both your parents to work like slaves just to make ends meet ... they didn't have time to raise you, or instill in you the belief that you are a unique and talented human being that can accomplish anything you set your powerful mind to. Consequently, you are left to believe exactly what we tell you to believe in the 1-12th grades of the government run indoctrination centers your parents believed was education.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

7) Read: Over the years, your parents have been worn down trying to make a better life ... now they face the prospect of working until they die just to survive ... their retirement and pension funds have been diluted or stolen altogether ... don't be critical of them. They were doing the best they could in a system designed for them to fail. Just wait till you experience what we have in store for you ... (as I have clearly outlined in the new rules).

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

8) Read: You are entering a world of winner take all, and the majority (losers like you) must accept your place in it. It's not so bad really ... buy my crappy Microsoft products ... these things will help take your mind off of the royal screwing you are going to receive at the hands of valuable members of society like ME, your master.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

9) Say goodbye to the 12 years of fantasy fraud foisted upon you ... it was a big lie. Sorry about your luck. If you don't like McDonalds or Burger King as career options, there's always the Military ... where you can see the world, and learn valuable life skills such as killing strangers in far off lands on command.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

10) OK, OK .... there are NO JOBS anymore ... but axiom is still true in theory ... though you probably should take advantage of those hot spots in the coffee shops to access the internet with your new Microsoft virus friendly laptops I'm all to happy to sell you. There, you will be able to submit your resume online for free ... not that it's likely to do you any good ... but nothing beats a try but a failure. In the end, remember ... what ever difficulties you might face ... it's your own fault ... remember that ... it's YOUR FAULT because you are stupid, whiney little SOBs that deserve exactly whatever it is you get. If this seems a little unfair to you .... refer back to rule #1.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

11) Read: You know the old sayin' dontcha? He who laughs last, laughs best? Well look who isn't laughing now! That's right, you little scumbag useless eaters who teased me in school .... there is a new game in town, and I'm it. And I'll have you know that I never forget! That's why I'm all too happy to donate a few Hundred Million dollars to the World Health Organization to help fund the sterilization and de-population agenda. Now who's laughing .... hmmm? That's right baby, it's me ... laughing all the way to the bank ....

===============================

And you all would glorify this piece of elitist filth and his anti-human lunatic rantings ? What a great motivational speech indeed. But it could be summed up in far fewer words like:

"Resistance is Futile ... you will be assimilated"

There is a special place in hell reserved for this degenerate multi-Billionaire eugenist scumbag. And I dare say, lot's of company too ... he won't be lonely, that's for sure.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 09-06-2010 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Shame it was misquoted.

It is still a great piece.

Perhaps O will correct the new carpet in the O office.

Not likely. Obama is more interested in his version of history.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Some of those points are dubious to put it mildly...
Which ones would that be?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

1) Read: If your last name doesn't grant you life long privilege ... you are just another slave .... and it will do you no good to whine about it.

Rule 2: The world doesn't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

2) Read: You have no intrinsic value as a human being ... your value is determined solely by the Plutocracy and your ability/willingness to serve us.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

3) Read: Go to college, but don't expect it to land you a decent paying job, and forget paying off your student loans until you are 45 .... (but make sure you make enough money to continue buying my crappy Microsoft products that still have the same inherent flaws they did 20 years ago, so that I can continue adding Billions to my port folio.)

4) Read: refer to Rule #2 .... if you think you are worthless now in the eyes of the Elitists like me ... wait till we have direct control over you. School was just subordination training ... the real subordination starts later.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

5) Read: Since we are in the final stages of off shoring all of the previously good paying jobs to China and India, you'd better learn to love flipping hamburgers, because that's probably the only "flipping" job that will be available to you after you graduate with your business degree.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

6) Read: We have structured the society in order to require both your parents to work like slaves just to make ends meet ... they didn't have time to raise you, or instill in you the belief that you are a unique and talented human being that can accomplish anything you set your powerful mind to. Consequently, you are left to believe exactly what we tell you to believe in the 1-12th grades of the government run indoctrination centers your parents believed was education.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

7) Read: Over the years, your parents have been worn down trying to make a better life ... now they face the prospect of working until they die just to survive ... their retirement and pension funds have been diluted or stolen altogether ... don't be critical of them. They were doing the best they could in a system designed for them to fail. Just wait till you experience what we have in store for you ... (as I have clearly outlined in the new rules).

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

8) Read: You are entering a world of winner take all, and the majority (losers like you) must accept your place in it. It's not so bad really ... buy my crappy Microsoft products ... these things will help take your mind off of the royal screwing you are going to receive at the hands of valuable members of society like ME, your master.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

9) Say goodbye to the 12 years of fantasy fraud foisted upon you ... it was a big lie. Sorry about your luck. If you don't like McDonalds or Burger King as career options, there's always the Military ... where you can see the world, and learn valuable life skills such as killing strangers in far off lands on command.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

10) OK, OK .... there are NO JOBS anymore ... but axiom is still true in theory ... though you probably should take advantage of those hot spots in the coffee shops to access the internet with your new Microsoft virus friendly laptops I'm all to happy to sell you. There, you will be able to submit your resume online for free ... not that it's likely to do you any good ... but nothing beats a try but a failure. In the end, remember ... what ever difficulties you might face ... it's your own fault ... remember that ... it's YOUR FAULT because you are stupid, whiney little SOBs that deserve exactly whatever it is you get. If this seems a little unfair to you .... refer back to rule #1.

11) Read: You know the old sayin' dontcha? He who laughs last, laughs best? Well look who isn't laughing now! That's right, you little scumbag useless eaters who teased me in school .... there is a new game in town, and I'm it.

And I'll have you know, that I never forget. That's why I'm all too happy to donate a few Hundred Million dollars to the World Health Organization to help fund the sterilization and de-population agenda.

Good job, GuyNTexas.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:01 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:

Quote:
mucho deleto
Such pessimism. How far does that get anyone in life I wonder?

You sure read a lot of . . . I can't fathom what it is . . . between the lines.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Default Your first clue should have been that it doesn't sound in the least like Bill Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Bill Gates speech: 11 rules your kids did not and will not learn in school (http://nolanetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=198%3 Abill-gates-speech-11-rules-your-kids-did-not-and-will-not-learn-in-school&catid=60%3Aweb-watch&Itemid=109 - broken link)
Bill Gates' 11 Rules of Life - Urban Legends

Old 09-06-2010, 12:18 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Feel-good blather is feel-good blather, and I've certainly come across worse examples. Of course, this isn't targeted at kids, it's supposed to make adults feel good (and slightly superior).

But couldn't they have updated the "car phone" bit?

Old 09-06-2010, 12:21 PM

120 posts, read 263,864 times
great list maybe we need to send this to the teachers unions and the democrat national committee it seems over the last few decades they want to dumb down our kids so when they get older the government can hold the power over them, that is true its not just my opinion how do yall think obama got elected

Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constitutionalist View Post
great list maybe we need to send this to the teachers unions and the democrat national committee it seems over the last few decades they want to dumb down our kids so when they get older the government can hold the power over them, that is true its not just my opinion how do yall think obama got elected
Added focus on capitalization and punctuation would probably be a good first step.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:

11) Read: You know the old sayin' dontcha? He who laughs last, laughs best? Well look who isn't laughing now! That's right, you little scumbag useless eaters who teased me in school .... there is a new game in town, and I'm it. And I'll have you know that I never forget! That's why I'm all too happy to donate a few Hundred Million dollars to the World Health Organization to help fund the sterilization and de-population agenda. Now who's laughing .... hmmm? That's right baby, it's me ... laughing all the way to the bank ....

===============================

And you all would glorify this piece of elitist filth and his anti-human lunatic rantings ? What a great motivational speech indeed. But it could be summed up in far fewer words like:

"Resistance is Futile ... you will be assimilated"

There is a special place in hell reserved for this degenerate multi-Billionaire eugenist scumbag. And I dare say, lot's of company too ... he won't be lonely, that's for sure.
You are always, absolutely, insightful, GuyNTexas!!! Awesome!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies