Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey mouse is dead View Post
Glen is a blasphemous liar. An ignorant when it comes to Christian theology. The way he uses God to advertise himself is sacrilegious. I don't have a problem with his politics, but when it comes to Christianity, this guy is way way off.
Yeah..What do you believe in? Social Justice Theology? Yep, get your checkbook out and start writing checks to the people who don't have what you have. Everyone needs a cellphone and a brand new LED TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 11:18 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Maybe because he is a hypocrite? Acting like a Libertarian but supporting Neo-con ideas?
Maybe because the others like O'Reilly are straight forward. One doesn't have to agree with him, but at least he does not flip flop on issues like Glenn Beck does.

And before all the Beck lovers accuse me of the usual things: No, I do not watch MSNBC, never have unless someone posted a video here to watch. I do not read all the HuffPost or whatever it is called.
But I did watch Beck and did some research and he changes his opinion like his underwear. Whatever gives him the most ratings and the most money. And sadly, his followers don't see how they contribute to his increasing fortune. He couldn't care less about you guys. He treats you like 5-year olds with all the writing on the chalk board as if you were to stupid to follow his monologue.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:04 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Glen is a blasphemous liar. An ignorant when it comes to Christian theology. The way he uses God to advertise himself is sacrilegious. I don't have a problem with his politics, but when it comes to Christianity, this guy is way way off.
Isnt that between him and GOD?

Old 09-07-2010, 12:19 PM

59 posts, read 51,559 times
The left has no real platform to stand on besides giving hand outs to the poor and that will only get you so far. So when they see someone on the right who does more then just attack they go nuts. It used to be Rush but now all he does is attack so they have to move on. Beck actually has solutions and the left hates that. So libs do the only thing the can do.

First - mock.

Second - attack.

Third - dismiss.

Repeat as needed.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:43 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudger View Post
The left has no real platform to stand on besides giving hand outs to the poor and that will only get you so far. So when they see someone on the right who does more then just attack they go nuts. It used to be Rush but now all he does is attack so they have to move on. Beck actually has solutions and the left hates that. So libs do the only thing the can do.

First - mock.

Second - attack.

Third - dismiss.

Repeat as needed.
What are his solutions? Btw, your post couldn't be anymore simplistic.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
No more than conservative news is obsessed with George Soros, ACORN, Van Jones, Shirley Sherrod, and other strawmen that conservatives deem as domestic enemies.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:49 PM

59 posts, read 51,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What are his solutions? Btw, your post couldn't be anymore simplistic.
I don't memorize what Beck says, in fact I'm not a huge fan. However, he does more then the stereotypical Maddow attack.

Nice first step btw.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

Beck does not preach. He uses GOD?

God has always been here to study. Study GODS involvement with the will this nation was founded upon and fought over. Beck has guests tell it, not him.

Again, the messenger, but what has his guest speaker got so wrong?

Old 09-07-2010, 12:52 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No more than conservative news is obsessed with George Soros, ACORN, Van Jones, Shirley Sherrod, and other strawmen that conservatives deem as domestic enemies.
I dont see threads started about them like you do the amount about Beck. So yeah it does seem you all are a lot more obsessed with Beck. Heck who still even thinks about Shirley Sherrod?

Old 09-07-2010, 12:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Maybe because he is a hypocrite? Acting like a Libertarian but supporting Neo-con ideas?
Maybe because the others like O'Reilly are straight forward. One doesn't have to agree with him, but at least he does not flip flop on issues like Glenn Beck does.

And before all the Beck lovers accuse me of the usual things: No, I do not watch MSNBC, never have unless someone posted a video here to watch. I do not read all the HuffPost or whatever it is called.
But I did watch Beck and did some research and he changes his opinion like his underwear. Whatever gives him the most ratings and the most money. And sadly, his followers don't see how they contribute to his increasing fortune. He couldn't care less about you guys. He treats you like 5-year olds with all the writing on the chalk board as if you were to stupid to follow his monologue.

Yet it is Beck not the lies, you say are lies?

Lets discuss the lies then. Let's discuss how much he cares.
Again, an attack on Beck and nothing for the message.
If a point could be made, this is perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies