Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 10:16 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
I think we can lump them in with the fundamentalists...don't you? Willing to die for their ideology. There is no reasoning with a fundamentalist, Christian, Muslim or other. Just too dogmatic!

The difference is that a Fundamentalist Christian doesn't blow people up--or at least his scriptures don't tell him to kill non-believers. A fundie muslim's scriptures tell him to kill the non-believer though.

Christianity isn't the cancer.

But while we're on the topic of "fundamentalist ________"....what about fundamentalist atheists? They tend to be some of the snarkiest, rudest, most obnoxious lot in the bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 10:18 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi1 View Post
[SIZE=2]Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center, a church in Florida that pledges to "stand up for righteousness," is organizing an "International Burn a Koran Day" for the upcoming anniversary of Sept 11.

Florida church plans to burn Korans on 9/11 anniversary

ohhhh! how naughty
[/SIZE]
how stupid of them

Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
The difference is that a Fundamentalist Christian doesn't blow people up--or at least his scriptures don't tell him to kill non-believers. A fundie muslim's scriptures tell him to kill the non-believer though.

Christianity isn't the cancer..
it has been and can again

Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
I must have missed the christian peace part when they were burning the koran.

all it shows, is that so-called pastor is as uneducated, as the islamic fundamentalists he is trying to make a point to.
I agree he is on the same level but education isn't necessarily the issue...but bigotry and hatred sure are...

Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:

But while we're on the topic of "fundamentalist ________"....what about fundamentalist atheists? They tend to be some of the snarkiest, rudest, most obnoxious lot in the bunch.
Tell that to the fundamentalists who are "doing God's work" by murdering the abortion clinic doctors. Regardless of whether the doctrine expicitly states this, there is the interpretation of what is right which tends to get distorted by the over zealous among us.

And yes...I would add the snarky ones to that list under "other"

Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
I he takes up a collection to fund his security force.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:

Actually....the Bible actually asks believers to kill a lot of things, including unbelievers.

Try reading Deuteronomy or Leviticus sometime.

And don't start with the NT vs OT stuff, Christians are constantly pulling stuff out of the OT to support their bigotry.

As for Fundamentalist Atheists (HA) they generally don't care what you believe until you start shoving it in their faces...then yeah, they'll get rude, obnoxious and snarky. Then the religious person can run away complaining about being 'persecuted'. Win win for them, really.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:27 AM

90 posts, read 87,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi1 View Post
[SIZE=2]Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center, a church in Florida that pledges to "stand up for righteousness," is organizing an "International Burn a Koran Day" for the upcoming anniversary of Sept 11.

Florida church plans to burn Korans on 9/11 anniversary

ohhhh! how naughty
[/SIZE]
What they ought to do is have an eternal flame that constantly (24 x 365) and forever burns brighly fueled by burning Korans

Old 08-03-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
I'm sure you'd say the same if we burned some Bibles tomorrow night?
I sure would. It is their right to do so. Doesn't matter if I agree with it or not or whether I feel it's a good idea or not.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 AM

720 posts, read 691,276 times
I don't believe tit for tat is ever an answer, even though I did post a sarcastic comment about hanging a desecrated mexican flag in my driveway.

Whats the old saying...whats good for the goose is good for the gander...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies