Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 06:15 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Petraeus comments are only directed towards the protection of his troops and achieving peace in Afghanistan and Iraq not the constitutional issues. Why would he care about flag burnings that do not endanger his troops. He has been over there for 10 years and understands that this will adversely affect peace efforts.

There is no comparison to flag burnings this is a holy book for a religion. They don’t trust us already and things like this just confirm their mistrust. I can’t believe that any rational person would actually support this.

Do you think a rational person would murder people over the burning of a book of fairy tales?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 06:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
A simple thing called logic. The koran has nothing to do with the millitants who are hell bent on attacking us.

And while you are at it, care to explain how burning korans is aids in defending America?
a simple thing called jihad. just bek someone wants me dead is no reason to be antagonistic towards them?
again why the name calling nazi nazi KKK? the basic right of self defense is shamed in america. stop it. i have no obligation to respect those that have sworn to harm me.
enough. is this why you jail cops, shame the victim, and let rapists and murderers go ? why you refuse to execute rapists and murderers? bek you feel you must respect them? sometimes i feel the country i was born in has gone mad.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 09-08-2010 at 06:30 AM..

Old 09-08-2010, 06:18 AM

124 posts, read 173,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Oh , so 50 member church is the entire american public. I suppose if Americans started having violent protests and started conducting suicide bombings on a daily basis, you'd probably suddenly care to "understand" them...
Americans murder people, steal, and rape on a daily basis. Therefore ALL Americans must be thieving, raping murderers, right? I mean that is how that sort of logic works.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:23 AM

124 posts, read 173,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Fascist dictators do not tolerate a religion lording power over them. Fascists are secular, they want the people to worship the state, so they squash religion to prevent it from being used as a tool to rally the people against the state. You are thinking of a theocracy, like they have in the Islamic republics.
Hey guys remember those German fascists in the 1930's who at first slightly favored Catholics and then their crazy mustachioed leader devised and heavily promoted his own sort of occult religion? Who were they? Oh yeah Hitler and the Nazis. Sorry, bro, you're wrong some Fascism can be religious it sort of helps unify and differentiate the volkisch the fascists favor and appeal to. Like that religion based on occult ancient Teutonic practices Hitler tried to create.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:24 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
In Nazi Germany book burning was common as it always is in a country that has lost it's way. Now I see that America is following the Nazi path to self destruction.

Doing this will make America look like early Nazi Germany.........
US church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A Christian minister vowed Tuesday to go ahead with plans to burn copies of the Quran to protest the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks despite warnings from the White House and the top U.S. general in Afghanistan that he would endanger American troops overseas.

US church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100907/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning - broken link)

I'm ashamed of America when I read crap like this.
You may have missed the part where this church of 50 members lost 30 members over this stunt by this "pastor." That should help to restore your faith in America, if that faith ever existed.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times
Our government isn't pushing the burning of the Koran. It is an individual and his flock of followers.
That is an individual right of protest.
Countrys who's leaders promote the burning of the American flag, the destruction of all things American, and promote terrorists attacks against us is an entirely different scenario.
Anyone, anywhere, in whatever country, might be prone to disagree with any other countrys way of life or politics. That is their individual right.
But when leaders of said countrys promote (and sometimes demand) the burning of what some consider to be the right of individuals, then that is a problem.
If I had a Koran I would gladly throw it in the fire. But if my government told me that I should do that instead of me doing it as personal choice , that wouldn't be right.
In this case it is individuals. Not government.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
In Nazi Germany book burning was common as it always is in a country that has lost it's way. Now I see that America is following the Nazi path to self destruction.

Doing this will make America look like early Nazi Germany.........
US church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A Christian minister vowed Tuesday to go ahead with plans to burn copies of the Quran to protest the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks despite warnings from the White House and the top U.S. general in Afghanistan that he would endanger American troops overseas.

US church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100907/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning - broken link)

I'm ashamed of America when I read crap like this.
I don't know why people seem to think that they have to do what they have the right to do. The right to burn books does not mean one has to do it.
Well, America shouldn't complain if more Americans than usual get killed in the wake of that stupid act.
That minister is just the Christian equivalent to the lunatics in the Iranian government.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't know why people seem to think that they have to do what they have the right to do. The right to burn books does not mean one has to do it.
Well, America shouldn't complain if more Americans than usual get killed in the wake of that stupid act.
That minister is just the Christian equivalent to the lunatics in the Iranian government.

I kinda agree.

One may have the "right", but one should be aware of consequences of exercizing that right.

I certainly would not do that.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:53 AM

587 posts, read 1,466,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
a simple thing called jihad. just bek someone wants me dead is no reason to be antagonistic towards them?
again why the name calling nazi nazi KKK? the basic right of self defense is shamed in america. stop it. i have no obligation to respect those that have sworn to harm me.
enough. is this why you jail cops, shame the victim, and let rapists and murderers go ? why you refuse to execute rapists and murderers? bek you feel you must respect them? sometimes i feel the country i was born in has gone mad.
Huh? In english please.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:53 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
It is their right to burn what ever they want...i wish they would change the Quran to a effigy of the Iranian president Iamanutjob to get their message out. Have any of you thought that these people are purposely making Muslims irate to accellerate the second coming of Christ? It is no different from Iamanutjob trying to get the Madji to crawl out of its hole to rule the earth? Funny Christians look toward the sky and the Heavens for Christs return and the Muslims look down a hole to the center of earth for the Madji...some would climb down to meet the Madji so they had to put a grate over the hole...lollollol...they walk around a black rock like zombies throwing stones at it to cleanse their souls of their sins...worship of false idols.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies