Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Extremists be they Islamic or Christian........more blood shed in all the years the earth has been in existance over religion than anything else..............

Yet another nut job getting his 15 minutes of fame.....fame he may live to regret....
Are you seriously equating someone who burns books to someone who would kill in response to burning books?

You think the sanctity of a book is more important than the life of a person?

Hate to break the news to you, but athiests like Stalin have killed millions and millions of people. Same with Mao, or at least his policies resulted in the deaths of millions..

Unless you simply don't value life, burning books is not remotely as bad as killing people because you get enraged over books being burnt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 AM

According to the leftist comments here, burning of korans would justify reducing a charge of murder to manslaughter if muslims are not supposed to be able to restrain themselves.

But would that satisfy equal protection? Only muslims get this defense since you clearly don't think muslims are capable of restraining themselves.

Perhaps you should start holding muslims up to higher standrds and expect from them what you expect from everyone else?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
What is worse, burning books, or killing people in response to burning books, or threatening violence in response?

If I went on a kiling rampage or threatened violence every time the muslim world demeans Jews, I'd have to make threatening people my day job......

You need to start expecting civilized behavior from muslims. Hold them up to the same standard you hold all other people up to. If you cannot, you clearly think that muslims are inferior beings that cannot control their impulses. That sounds rather bigoted to me.
What I expect is for American CHRISTIANS to set the example of civilized behavior for the rest of the world to see and want to to emulate. I don't expect Americans---especially Christians---to back-track down the social-developmental ladder and start acting in a way that they KNOW will offend people and endanger our military. Jesus didn't teach hate!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:06 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
What is worse, burning books, or killing people in response to burning books, or threatening violence in response?

If I went on a kiling rampage or threatened violence every time the muslim world demeans Jews, I'd have to make threatening people my day job......

You need to start expecting civilized behavior from muslims. Hold them up to the same standard you hold all other people up to. If you cannot, you clearly think that muslims are inferior beings that cannot control their impulses. That sounds rather bigoted to me.
Hold them up to the same standard? What standard? American standards?

And we should hold everyone in the world up to American standards, because?????

Who exactly are you to decide what the standards should be?

Americans don't set the standards for the rest of the world. Because we don't have the power to do this, nor should we have.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:06 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,163,747 times
Quote:
a group of 50 in FL is all America?
It's more than just the 30 or 50 people in Florida. Just look at how many people on this thread alone are showing support for this.

Quote:
Do you have this sort of outrage for the daily gang violence, or black on black inner city crime, or you look away at that, and only notice things like these?
So you're putting gang members and criminals on the same level as a minister of god? Interesting concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
If your an aeithist and don't beleive in any religion, is it a hate crime to burn the koran? Hell, pea on it!!
While I may be an atheist (or really, agnostic) I have some semblance of respect for the religions of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
if there is concern about them becoming jihadists over something this small and stupid then they are jihadists in my book.
Except, there's a difference between being a jihadist and "not wanting to assist American soldiers". One is aggressive, the other is passive aggressive. Which is more dangerous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If the burning does incite the type of massive response the US Generals and so many others predict then maybe the eyes of liberal apologists and the rest of the people in the USA will finally be opened to the dangers of trying to passify these nuts!
Why do people want violence to ensue as a result? To reaffirm their stereotypes and prejudice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I was interested as to what Glenn Beck had to say about this issue. He's right!
You know, this is one of the few times I will actually agree with Beck. They have the right, but it's still in bad taste.

It was a pleasure to burn.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:07 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,801,818 times
Quote:
Radical Christians get mad they burn books...

Radical Muslims get mad they kill people...

you decide...

Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Hold them up to the same standard? What standard? American standards?

And we should hold everyone in the world up to American standards, because?????

Who exactly are you to decide what the standards should be?

Americans don't set the standards for the rest of the world. Because we don't have the power to do this, nor should we have.
so it's acceptable to kill people if you have a grievance?

Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
According to the leftist comments here, burning of korans would justify reducing a charge of murder to manslaughter if muslims are not supposed to be able to restrain themselves.

But would that satisfy equal protection? Only muslims get this defense since you clearly don't think muslims are capable of restraining themselves.

Perhaps you should start holding muslims up to higher standrds and expect from them what you expect from everyone else?
Actually, no leftist has made such an argument. And it boggles the mind that anyone could extrapolate such a silly argument from the remarks here.

As I stated before, the terrorists aren't just waging a war with a body count. They are waging a war to win the hearts and minds of people. They are telling the story that Americans are liars. That we lie when we talk about our principles. That we lie about being a tolerant and diverse nation. And when you argue the same thing, you are helping the terrorists along. By arguing over and over that we should not be tolerant, you are supporting the terrorists' version of Americans. By making all Muslims your enemy, you are supporting the terrorists' version of Americans. By advocating book-burning and other violence, you are supporting the terrorists' version of Americans. And your support, along with the other misguided Islamaphobes, makes it so much easier for the terrorists to convince people who otherwise wouldn't believe it that we are indeed liars. Easier to convince those people, and to get those people to donate money to the terrorist cause, or to lend support to the terrorist cause, or even to outright become terrorists themselves.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:19 AM

720 posts, read 690,898 times
OH PLEASE...Talk about silly. It would not matter if every person in this great nation was tolerant, The Terrorists would find something else to be pissed about and attack us. To believe otherwise is just naive!(and I am talking about the radicals)

Old 09-08-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
OH PLEASE...Talk about silly. It would not matter if every person in this great nation was tolerant, The Terrorists would find something else to be pissed about and attack us. To believe otherwise is just naive!(and I am talking about the radicals)
Exactly. If anyone gets "converted" to militancy over a burn book, they were a militant to begin with.

Can any of you think of any scenario where a burnt book would drive you to kill someone?

youd have to be crazy or already a militant for that to happen.

LIBS: Stop making excuses for militant people!

They don't need excuses to kill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies