Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well - Nazis did develop the Volkswagon, and they made some medical and scientific discoveries. They did some interesting experiments on pain - some twin studies that is still suppressed because they were so cruel but was all about science.
So the Nazis were good in some ways...kind of like the topic of this thread....

Old 09-09-2010, 08:59 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
The Nazis were not Christian. They were satanists through and through but the USA and Britain which were Christian at the time defeated them.

Muslims are very similar to Nazis, they even hate the same people, the Jews and don't forget the Muslims allied with the Nazis in WWII.

You are incorrect. There were actually Muslims that allied with Jews to fight against Nazis (the Palastine Parliament) and Nazis were Christians but go ahead and continue on with your hate mongering if that's what floats your boat.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
You are incorrect. There were actually Muslims that allied with Jews to fight against Nazis (the Palastine Parliament) and Nazis were Christians but go ahead and continue on with your hate mongering if that's what floats your boat.
I do believe you will find more Muslims who sided WITH the Nazis....

Old 09-09-2010, 09:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:

Muslims only have the oil. They owe everything they have to oil and the Western inventions that use their oil. Without oil, Islam would be just some silly Midde East desert cult.
Well the solution seems obvious,dont use their oil and they'll turn back into a silly Midde East desert cult.

Oh yeah you need that Ford F350 to pull your camper,your boat, your atv or motorcycles,or take all the stuff up to the cottage and even if you dont need the gas guzzling SUV for all that stuff then your manliness wont let you drive a small economy car that gets 40+mpg
Seems to me Americans in general are the Authors of their own demise.
Cant blame the Muslims for taking advantage of Americas addiction to a natural resource that occurs on their land,if situation was reversed you can bet the Americans would be in full exploitation mode.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:03 AM

344 posts, read 199,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Well that pretty much puts an end to this primarily clueless thread.
I wish. I'm really non-religious person. Completely disagree with any religion. That doesn't mean I feel that religion is evil or anything along those lines. Okay the profile of a typical terrorist, from a 1999 study "The Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism" is that the typical terrorist is from a middle to upper income household, partially college educated, and male. This profile holds true in terrorist organizations based in the West (like the IRA, the ETA, and the former Weather Underground). Perceived inequalities motivate these groups.

In the Middle East, most come from lower middle income to lower income families. Thus, they typically do not have a high level of education. However, the common thread between terrorists in the Middle East and those originating from the West is a perception of inequality. A strong sense of identity and perceived threat to that identity based on a hegemonic geopolitical system is more likely to produce terrorist than any religion. Currently, the West is the hegemonic power. Thus, to those who are in the lowest ranks of a society (which typically are the most nationalistic and religious) they perceive an inability to rise in status and commit heinous crimes in order to fight against the hegemonic power. Those that originate from the West, are again tightly bound to a group identity (political affiliation, cultural affiliation, or religious affiliation) and usually feel a sense of alienation from the majority. They thus fight the majority.

Sources:

Lester, David, Bijou Yang, et al.
Suicide Bombers: Are Psychological Profiles Possible? Blackwood: Taylor Francis, 2004.

Hudson, Rex
The Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism: Who Becomes a Terrrorist and Why?
Washington: Library of Congress, 1999.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:26 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
They brought out the worst of the most horrendous bits of humanity in this thread, so they must be doing something right. Makes it easier for those of us with any sense of a moral compass to see who is toxic.

But for actual things:
-algebra
-alcohol as an antiseptic
-clinical trials
-coffee (or at least the discovery of it's use and the domestication of the crop)
-chess
-surgery
-windmills
-shampoo and modern standards of hygiene
-the numbers system we use today
-Spanish is SIGNIFICANTLY influenced by Arabic

None of you go a single day without using at least one or two of these inventions.

But inventions are sort of a worthless means of comparison. After all- many of these were invented during the Dark Ages when only the Muslim world flourished. Christendom can't help that they were too backwards to do much of anything cerebral for a few hundred years. Today there are Muslims working in fields innovating. I know of Muslims who work at Google, Apple, Microsoft, as college professors, as research assistants, in biotech... My allergist is a Muslim from the former Yugoslavia. My grandmother's surgeon who just pulled her through a surgery that she supposedly had little chance of recovering from is an Iranian-American Muslim.

Let's talk today in specifics. Queen Rania of Jordan is bringing education to women across the globe- not just in Muslim countries. She has done significant work in the Middle East.

Or what about Mohammad Salman Hamdani? He was a 23 year old police cadet/paramedic who ran into the Twin Towers to help people. He was killed when they collapsed with his medical bag next to him. Even to the end, he was working to help save other Americans. Simply for the fact that he was Muslim, he was considered a suspect by the media until his remains were discovered. This hero has his good name tarnished by people who could not see beyond his faith.

Or what about Lupe Fiasco, Brother Ali, and Mos Def? Three of the best hip hop artists and poets- also Muslim.

When you look at America's skyline, you could be looking at the work of a Muslim. Fazlur Rahman Kha designed the Sears Tower in Chicago.

On a personal level, some of my closest friends have been and will continue to be Muslims. As a Jewish kid growing up in the Deep South, so called "Compassionate Christians" took it upon themselves to make my life absolutely miserable. I am not just talking children- children do awful things to anyone different. I'm talking about parents, teachers, activity leaders. It was the exception for people to not single me out or belittle me because of my religion. The Muslims I met have universally treated me well. Be they people I grew up with, the parents of those I grew up with (including a friend's father who is a Palestinian refugee), kids I went to college with at my Jewish college in the States or while studying abroad in London, or people I have met while doing interfaith workshops in the US and abroad.

If you say Muslims have done nothing positive for the world, I truly wonder what planet you live on. Open up your eyes. There are tens of thousands of them bravely serving in the military right this second. Many more are working as translators or intelligence agents in the CIA, DoD, and State Department.
How do you know they don't regard you as as a "useful idiot"?

Old 09-09-2010, 10:39 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
How do you know they don't regard you as as a "useful idiot"?
Because not everyone is guileful as you.

It's truly paranoia when you assume that hundreds, if not thousands of people, that you know or have come in contact with are all out to get you.

But keep on. When my cousin's family were killed in the Holocaust, I'm sure the neighbors who refused to help them thought that they were using their evil Jew magic on them too.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:10 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
People used to bash jews, blacks, homosexuals, now the trend is bashing muslims.

Love this interview. Unlike some people on here, Ron Paul can distinguish between radicals and the majority of moderate muslims.

YouTube - "Ground Zero Mosque" - Ron Paul vs. Sanjay Gupta (CNN - 8/23/10)

Uh you forgot your list of all the good muslims do.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:46 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Preserve the culture of the 13th century?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:51 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,305 times
This was started to say good things . Somewhere , someone said a Muslim invented coffee .
Thats a plus many use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies